“Service: Up and Down”

Park Inn by Radisson Sarvar Resort & Spa
Ranked #2 of 8 Hotels in Sarvar
Reviewed January 21, 2013

I don`t know what to think about this hotel service. I have been here only in 2012 for 4 times, altogether 13 nights. I can to understand that permanent full occupancy is demotivating for hotel staff and management, but every time I received different experience. Last time (end of December) was the worst. Room was not prepared, in bathroom remained clumps of hair, missing of towels (supplemented on second day after complain), missing of hair&body shampoo.
Generally, I felt big difference between rooms in hotel. Standard room is good, suites on 5th floor and on end of corridors are excellent. Room 101 is terrible - very noisy and especially mattress is very very bad.
Beds are comfortable, TV entertainment offers cca 20 channels (Hungarian and international), every rooms have balcony, minibar is full only if I am without children. Bathrobe and blue towel for spa is a standard equipment.
Parking is possible in covered slots in underground or in open-space in garden. The fee is very chip (up to 3€/night).
Breakfast is amazing, so many tastes, good coffee from machine. Buffet dinner is very expensive, therefore I ate in lounge bar - a la carte. This is a good choice, meal is fine and the price is normal. Lunch is possible also in lounge bar for very nice price 5€ - three courses menu.
Staff in bar is very friendly. Staff in reception desk is varied, somebody is helpful and polite, somebody not. Staff from housekeeping is very smiling and speeking only Hungarian.

SPA:
Hotel is connected with famous Sarvar Spa by special corridor and separate gate. Entrance to spa is included in room price. Spa offer range of pools with atractions for children and adult too. Some of pools are covered, some are open-space. Waterslides, wavepools, pool for swimmers, children attractions (castel, pirates ship), curative pools and whirlpools, childrens playground with animators...everything is available. Sauna is not included in price, but entrance is chip (4€/day). Sauna world is obligatorily nude area and offers full range of service: 3 dry hot sauna, 2 biosaunas, steamrooms, aromatherpy, Kneipp Walkway, coolling pools, jaccuzzi and relax room. Entrance to saunas as well to curative pools is forbidden for children (up to 12 or 14 years). Wellness therapies are served by order on spa reception, massages are very professional and effective.

Room Tip: Avoid room number 101!!!
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank 312Paolo
ParkInnSarvar, Sales & marketing representative at Park Inn by Radisson Sarvar Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded January 30, 2013

Dear Paolo,

Thank you for your kind words and feedback. We are delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay and we are sorry for any inconvenience. We look forward to your next stay.

Follow us on Facebook and Twitter to be informed of our special offers and news!

Best regards,
your Park Inn Sarvar Team

Reviewed January 19, 2013

We spent 7 days in this hotel. Part of the deal was free entrance to the huge spa with a great number of swimming and hot pools, jaccuzis, water attractions, saunas, etc. The food (breakfast and dinner buffet) was plentiful and tasty, the room was big and nicely furnished, clean and comfortable with free WiFi, TV, safe, etc. The hotel provided free bathrobes. We could enter the spa directly from the hotel via a covered walkway. We rate highly our stay in spite of three objections. 1) The room which was given to us had terribly stained carpeting, however, when we objected we got another room where the carpet was clean. As we had to wait almost an hour, we suspect that the carpet was cleaned because of our complaint. In fact the problem is that the carpets are almost white and the get dirty very easily. 2) The TV had only one Czech programme in spite of the fact that at least half of the guests in the hotel were Czechs. 3) The bed was too soft.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
ParkInnSarvar, Sales & marketing representative at Park Inn by Radisson Sarvar Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded January 22, 2013

Thank you for your feedback and for taking the time to write about your experience. Dorka, we are delighted to read that you enjoyed your Christmas stay at Park Inn by Radisson Sarvar. We look forward to your next stay.

Please friend us on Facebook to stay informed of our upcoming specials!

Your Park Inn Team from Sarvar

Reviewed November 5, 2012

The recent visit of hotel Park Inn in Sarvar was already my second. First time I visited this hotel just with my wife more than two years ago, in summer time. As I remember at that time we have been generally satisfied – wellness and aqua park was enjoyable (despite the new part for children have been under the construction at those days), though La Caraffa restaurant has served the meals by medium of the open buffet style, the meals were good, selection of them was wide, the room we had was quite ordinary but clean and cozy.
This second visit of hotel with my family (2 adults and 2 children) last weekend was quite different. In general it was a bit disappointment, mainly for my wife and daughter.
Let me point out the pros as a first. Generally the hotel offers a good value for money. We have been certainly satisfied with room (we have got suite on the 5th floor) that was spacious, quiet, cozy and quite clean (except some unidentified stains on bed sheet and scratches in the shower / bath tub). We have appreciated the helpfulness and flexibility of hotel staff as well.
But on the other hand the food was a huge disappointment. The breakfast was more or less OK, nothing special, but each member of our family could pick up at least piece of some food he / she likes. Lunch served at the bar was also ordinary, but even my wife that is on gluten free diet and my daughter that does not eat meet except the fishes have been able to find some food over there. The biggest disaster for them was dinner (on Friday as well as on Saturday). Even I have been a bit disappointment, because the restaurant was during both evenings overcrowded (on Friday we had to wait for a free table a while, for the waiter just to order the drinks another couple of minutes), selection of meals was very weak and most of the foods was however not so tasty.
But my wife on gluten free diet and my daughter had to eat just plain rice with boiled vegetables (on Saturday just plain rice since there was no boiled vegetables available), partially fresh fruits and cheese. Once they have found a fish among the meals, but unfortunately the fish was drowned in some unidentified and not very tasty sauce.
Just sum that up. The four star hotel would really deserve á la carte restaurant and I am persuaded that a lot of guests would appreciate to sit in quiet environs, enjoying a tasty meal and wine instead of running for the food in noisy and not very pleasant atmosphere.
The biggest advantage of the hotel Park Inn by Radisson is the direct connection with Medical and Wellness Spa Sárvár via covered corridor. Thus this should be a biggest advantage for hotel guests and this was also a main reason why we have decided to stay in this hotel. The wellness and spa is open for public as well and therefore during both days of our stay (moreover there were a holidays in Austria, Hungary and Slovakia in those days) the Spa area was absolutely overcrowded (only time we have been able to enjoy the pools and other facilities was an evening time, after 8. p.m.).
I was also very negatively surprised by fact the children up to 14 years are not allowed to attend the pools with temperature over 34 °C (even under the auspices of parents). When I have been trying to discuss that with staff and found out the understanding reason (with two young people coded as students and one other still young man that was obviously their chef) I was absolutely shocked. I have tried to explain them my daughter is cold blooded and she feels really cold in water with temperature around 30-32 °C (in general we had not any problem till this time to visit the pools with temperature over 35 °C with reasonable timing in any wellness and spa facilities all over the world we have been so far). But unfortunately it was a Sisyphean job. All of those people have spoken just Hungarian (no English, no German, no Spanish etc.) and the “chef” dressed in white furthermore was yelling in Hungarian like a crazy. So I have simply waived.
Me and my wife have visited the sauna area on the other day and we have got a blue waterproof stripe on the wrist at the entrance to the spa. There has been stated on the stripe the area is without swimsuit and allowed just for persons over 12 years. Thus if I understand that correctly, on one hand the children up to 14 years are not allowed to go to pools with temperature more than 34 °C, but on the other hand the children older than 12 years can go to saunas with temperature at least 50- 60 °C (Finish sauna with temperature 95-100 °C). Moreover as a bonus they can see tens / hundreds of naked bodies of people often in the age of their grant parents (although my wife is not prude sauna area seemed to her rather loud nudist party than oasis of harmony of body and soul).
We usually visit the wellness facilities and saunas because of physical and mental relax in friendly, quiet, spiritual and delightful atmosphere. Unfortunately almost nothing of that has been found in the Medical and Wellness Spa Sárvár (a member of Royal Spa Association) during our recent visit. Especially no “royal” character of services, often mentioned in promotional brochures and leaflets was noticeable.
In my opinion it would be a pity not to use the potential of Sárvár more purposeful and more effectively.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank Ludo_Limbach
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Everything was nice: warm environment, still smiling people, pleasant massage, nice rooms, a lot of kind of nationality, Tesco is near, ... Every floor has a different colour. Food was execellent! A lot of kinf of food on Swedish tables...

Room Tip: Try to to ask for a room on the front side - there is better view. And I think that room number 147...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Lenka S
Reviewed October 14, 2012

The Park Inn by Radisson Sarvar is a thermal hotel where you have direct access to the bath (indoor, outdoor). It is a very good one, only the food could be better. But overall, it is not very expensive and the service is also good

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed September 3, 2012

We were in this hotel with my wife and my children (5 and 8 years old). The hotel is new, clean and it has direct access to the thermal spa. The breakfast and dinner were included. The breakfast contained almost everything for the satisfaction. The variety of meals for dinner is o.k. but without housemade tastes.
We were just for 2 nights so we could respect the light effect of the air condition.
Overall I can offer this hotel who likes thermal spa.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 22, 2012

Hotel with Aqua park next to it and in the rate you have the free access to all the indoor and outdoor swimming pools. Perfect for family with children (see the pictures of the swimming pools and slides) additionally there are thermal water so it is also good please to visit not only in summer. Hotel modern interior with pastel colors as Park Inn.

Room Tip: Aqua park wiew is better as next is some forest
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sarvar
Spirit Hotel Thermal Spa
Danubius Health Spa Resort Sarvar
Hotel Bassiana
Hotel Bassiana
#4 of 8 in Sarvar
Greenfield Hotel Golf & Spa
Danubius Health Spa Resort Buk
Caramell Premium Resort Superior

Been to Park Inn by Radisson Sarvar Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!