“Acceptable restaurant”

Cuisines: Hungarian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed August 21, 2013

The waiter is too direct, not so polite in the restaurant. The foods are delicate, but too oily. The prices are average. The restaurant is average, too.

1  Thank Istvan S

Reviewed November 21, 2012

exellent perkelt with galoska. A lot of meals of various origin.Beutifull atmosphere outside with small lake and paddock.

Reviewed September 12, 2012

We had a delightful lunch there today. I have eaten at the Berényi Fogadó before and was looking forward to it. The massive wood tables, chairs and benches in the covered porch area looked inviting so we ate outside. The waiter spoke enough English that we had no problems ordering. The menu looks like a book because there are 8 pages in each of 3 languages. The English section was well translated and we were able to choose quickly. My wife ordered chicken breasts with cheese in a breaded “jacket” in fruit sauce and potato croquettes. I ordered the meat platter which included sirloin wrapped in bacon, chicken breast, pork steak and sausage on a bed of seasoned small potato wedges. Neither of us regretted our choices and sharing was enjoyable. The service was prompt, portions generous and the atmosphere relaxing. We spent about $35 including drinks and tip. Not bad for what we got. I look forward to our next visit.

1  Thank mebejim
Reviewed January 5, 2012

Good selections of meals, big servings, very good muskotaly wine, pancakes too. Went there many times!

Reviewed September 28, 2011

No sooner I got in they started to talk to me in my language . This is like a " welcome " ! then I realized that they had seen the plate of my car, ... it was not just due to my face or dressing mode .
Anyway the offer of the restaurant is very wide . Portions are big in the Hungarian style, and waiters are friendly . Service is quite fast, food is good .
The eating rooms are several : some indoor, some outdoor and some other between the previous but covered . Animals are accepted : my God, I saw a very big dog ! fortunately very quiet but this is not a positive point on my taste .
The restaurant is located just 5 minutes by car out of the city .
Nothing bad to say, nothing extremely good .... positive anyway .