“way over rated...... average food... average service”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of Oreg Tanyacsarda

Oreg Tanyacsarda
Ranked #1 of 5 Restaurants in Lajosmizse
Cuisines: European, Central European, Hungarian, Eastern European
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Business meetings, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Waitstaff
Budapest, Hungary
“way over rated...... average food... average service”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 9, 2013

We used to come to this restaurant 2-3 times / year although I wasn't the greatest fan, my parents likes it, so whenever we visited my Dad's hometown Kecskemet we did pay a visit to Tanyacsarda. I was always amaized how come that they have so many awards on the wall, as the food was -at it's best- average and even the service is far from friendly. We had a lunch there a few weeks ago and I guess this story tells everything... I wanted to order some meat with potato croquettes, when I asked the waiter if the croquettes were home made, he smiled and said, no they are frozen.... so I decided to order chicken breast with tomato-mozzarella salad. When my disch arrived I could not believe to my eyes, he brought me some tomato with onion on it and some yellow cheese cubes and with some mayonaise dressing... I was shocked, when I claimed that this is not what I asked for, he said, this is how we prepare it.... I tried to explain that everywhere else in the world (and I visited 126 countries so far) this sald is made from fresh tomato, and from the white, smooth mozzarella..... he also mentioned if I do not believe him, I can check it in the kitchen.... so I followed him to the kitchen where they showed my the cheese..... it was the hard pizza mozzarella that is supposedto be (as the names suggests) on the top of the pizza..... this was the 2nd shock... how can this restaurant be so proud itself if they do not even know how to prepare such a simple dish????!!!! finally I ended up with some tomato slices... obviously the bill did not reflect that there was no mozzarella in my salad.... on the plus side : their cold fruit sopup is simply great and they also let you to have your dog with you..... This used to be a great place and I belive that they should change their way of thinking, they are specialised on tour groups and I guess they are happy to serve them frozen stuff...... would rather like to see homemade food on my table

• Visited October 2013
3 Thank vizslabp

• Hungarian first
  • Polish first
“Traditional Hungarian restaurant! Great food, service, place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 30, 2013 via mobile

We often go to this restaurant when we are near Lajosmizse! Great food, service! It is a great place to taste authentic Hungarian food!

• Visited September 2013
God, Hungary
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Tradition and Hospitality”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 16, 2013

In the middle of the Alföld at the Öreg/Uj Tanyacsárda still exist the real hospitality. Its a must to stop here for the best traditional Hungarian food and to enjoy the service they provide. This is the best Csárda I ever been and the stuff provides a really friendly atmosphere to feel like home while having the most delicious food in Hungary.

• Visited September 2013
hungary
“Nice food excellent service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 26, 2013

We went there for lunch. We tried the traditional Hungarian fish soup as well as trout and carp. Everything was excellent and the service was fast enough. The decoration was also nice, traditional. A lot of locals ate also there as we could see which usually means that it is a very good place.

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank beabrigi
Kecskemet, Hungary
“tradition with warm hospitality”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2012

Good combination of traditional Hungarian cousine with modern cooking technologies.
Warm atmosphere, gipsy music in the best csarda restaurant

• Visited August 2012