“Totally misrepresented themselves.”

Ranked #1 of 5 Lajosmizse B&B and Inns
Pensacola, Florida
“Totally misrepresented themselves.”
Reviewed September 9, 2010

This hotel totally misrepresented themselves to me. Before I went I SPECIFICALLY asked for the "larger hotel room" and what I wanted in a riding experience as I ride at home and wanted to experience certain horses. They said they could accommodate me. I still have the emails. I got the "small hotel room" and it was FULL of flies. My friend ended up swatting flies while I tried to go riding. I explained to them in my emails that I rode English Dressage at home and wanted to ride a Hungarian Warmblood as I was interest in purchasing one. They gave me some kind of Hungarian sport horse you ride on a trail. Wasn't trained at all. There is no English TV, no hair dryer, no access to the internet, either by WiFi or in a community business center. The food was cold. There is no safe in the room. You can't even make a phone call from your room. You have to go down to reception to make a call. We left the same day we came. Didn't even bother to stay for the horse show. It probably would have been a bust also. Their website looks great and they promise you all kinds of things, but don't deliver. Don't go here!

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with friends
1 Thank gypsygirl16

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
Brighton
Reviewed July 21, 2010

Have you ever seen 76 middle aged Brits jumping up and down to a live gypsy band doing Hungarian dances at 11pm while the hog was roasting and the wine was flowing? What a fabulous Friday night we had.
We got married in Budapest and thought it would be nice to organize a Hungarian countryside experience for our British friends. We stayed there Friday night and watched a horse show on Saturday morning.
Great value hotel. Very friendly relaxed atmosphere. Highly recommend it.

• Stayed May 2010
Debrecen, Hungary
Reviewed July 19, 2010

Hungarian Desert as the locals called the area.
Puszta horse carriages, relaxation, wellness is everything here, fantastic food, polite service.
Yet there is no air conditioning in the room is too small outbuildings and a lot of fly or mosquito, which are due to a lot of annoyance!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business
Travelers also viewed these Lajosmizse hotels
Liza Aqua Hotel
#1 of 1 in Lajosmizse
No photo provided
Ida Panzio
#3 of 5 in Lajosmizse

Been to Gereby Kuria Hotel? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Gereby Kuria Hotel

Property: Gereby Kuria Hotel
Address: Alsolajos tanya 224, Lajosmizse 6050, Hungary
Location: Hungary > Southern Great Plain > Bacs-Kiskun County > Lajosmizse
Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Children Activities (Kid / Family Friendly) Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Restaurant Room Service Shuttle Bus service Suites Swimming Pool
Ranked #1 of 5 B&Bs / Inns in Lajosmizse
Hotel Class:3 star — Gereby Kuria Hotel 3*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Booking.com and Agoda so you can book your Gereby Kuria Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Gereby Kuria Hotel Hungary/Lajosmizse