“Don't go there!”

Pecs, Hungary
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Don't go there!”
Reviewed April 25, 2014

The worst restaurant I have ever tried! I went there with my boyfried and my sister and it was really disgusting... We found some rocks in our plates! Who can believe that???

• Visited April 2014

• Czech first
  • Hungarian first
Budapest, Hungary
“Csikos-gulyas style”
Reviewed January 18, 2014 via mobile

We were in the restaurant between lunch and dinner. The place was empty, and probably it was empty during the day, because they had two portion from the lunch menu at 5pm.

They still have the "csikos-gulyas"style with all stereotyps. Unfriendly staff, tricky prices, average food.

The staff was not really helpful, I must bring and install the high chair for myself, and it was quiet dirty by the way. They did their job, they just served the drinks and the food with poker-face. No smile, nothing.

The food was ok, nothing special. We were surprised that one single coke(0,2l) costs 490Ft (1,5€), and the whole daily menu was 1390Ft(4,2€).

Probably this service quality is enough to survive, but please consider, that we are not in1992 anymore!!! The retireds from DDR do not come to Balaton anymore...

Paignton, United Kingdom
“Restaurant near Palace”
Reviewed September 29, 2013

We enjoyed a pizza at this restaurant. On our first day in Kesthely. The menu was in Hungarian and the staff did not speak much English. The pizza was good but it was expensive, especially when compared with other restaurants in the area.

Visited September 2013
Szentendre, Hungary
“Terrible”
Reviewed August 19, 2013

Nice atmosphere, good food. Terrible service, my plate was dirty as much as i wouldnt give it to my dog...the staff is unfriendly and they havent got any knowledge about the word of quality....i suggest never try it!!!

• Visited August 2013
Tirgu Mures, Romania
“Chaotic service”
Reviewed July 31, 2013

We chose this restaurant because it was near the Festetics Castle and we were too hungry to keep looking for better places. It has a nice terrace, not very overcrowded at lunchtime. Our food was really good, I particularly recommend the French Onion Soup. I have never tasted a better soup.

But I must say that we were lucky because the waiters came to take our orders promptly and didn't forget to bring us anything we ordered. But from what we saw while we were eating, not all of the guests had our luck. One family left because no waiter went to their table for half an hour, another family waited 40 minutes for their meal and even then only the parents got the order, the kids had to wait more and I heard the waitresses wonder if anyone took the order from a certain table.
The chaos is evident to anyone trying to enjoy a meal at the Royal Restaurant. This is why I don't recommend it if you are in a hurry or you hate waiting. There are many other restaurants nearby. Just choose any of those.

• Visited July 2013