“Terrible”

Ranked #37 of 42 Restaurants in Keszthely
Szentendre, Hungary
“Terrible”
Reviewed August 19, 2013

Nice atmosphere, good food. Terrible service, my plate was dirty as much as i wouldnt give it to my dog...the staff is unfriendly and they havent got any knowledge about the word of quality....i suggest never try it!!!

• Visited August 2013

• Czech first
  • Hungarian first
Tirgu Mures, Romania
“Chaotic service”
Reviewed July 31, 2013

We chose this restaurant because it was near the Festetics Castle and we were too hungry to keep looking for better places. It has a nice terrace, not very overcrowded at lunchtime. Our food was really good, I particularly recommend the French Onion Soup. I have never tasted a better soup.

But I must say that we were lucky because the waiters came to take our orders promptly and didn't forget to bring us anything we ordered. But from what we saw while we were eating, not all of the guests had our luck. One family left because no waiter went to their table for half an hour, another family waited 40 minutes for their meal and even then only the parents got the order, the kids had to wait more and I heard the waitresses wonder if anyone took the order from a certain table.
The chaos is evident to anyone trying to enjoy a meal at the Royal Restaurant. This is why I don't recommend it if you are in a hurry or you hate waiting. There are many other restaurants nearby. Just choose any of those.

• Visited July 2013
Budapest, Hungary
“Opinion about this restaurant”
Reviewed July 17, 2013

We visited this restaurant in Keszthely during our bike trip around Balaton. My experience is very mixed with the place. The prices are high but in a city center it is normal I think. The food was very good we enjoyed it, but there were two problematic things. The waitresses were forgetful and not very kind (for the forgetfullness one couple left the place as they were not served for a long time even if the place was half empty), also we needed to wait for long to get the bill.
The second thing which was bothered me very much that the prices on the menu don't contain the VAT price (27%). So we paid and on the bill there were the sums of the dishes, drinks we took, and the additional VAT which we needed to pay.
Generally in restaurants the vat price is included in the normal price, but here on the menu the prices doesn't contain the vat, so you pay 27% more than you excpect and above that it is not written anywhere in the menu that the prices doesn't contain vat.
So I don't recommend this restaurant as their attitude was not customer friendly.

• Visited July 2013
Budapest, Hungary
“Excellent food, nice staff, moderate prices.”
Reviewed June 25, 2013

We've found this restaurant during a long sightseeing in Keszthely. At first i was a bit nervous about the prices / quality, because the place is located next to the Main attraction of the city ( The Festetics Castle) but we've gave a try. I was surprised. The food was excellent, the service was fast ( from order to delivery approx 15 minutes). Everything was fresh, well prepared.
Highly recommend for everyone.

Visited June 2013
Maitland, Florida
“Great location and price”
Reviewed June 17, 2013

Royal is at the end of the pedestrian street close to the Festetics Palace. It has both indoor & outdoor seating. Although it specializes in pizza, the Hungarian selections on the menu are extensive. We ate there twice and had wonderful meals both times. There are several pork dishes which are very tasty. The pork Gypsy style the steak tartar are both excellent. The prices are lower than in the tourist restaurants along the pedestrian street and the house wine was perfect.

• Visited May 2013