“Revived and refreshed”

Danubius Health Spa Resort Aqua
Ranked #4 of 32 Hotels in Heviz
Reviewed June 3, 2014

While it is true that the decor is dated and 1970's "Muzak" is piped into the dining room, I must say that my recent stay was a pleasant one. My room was rather large (by European standards) as was the bathroom. The room was exceptionally clean as was the rest of the hotel. The medicinal/thermal water pools were fabulous. Having suffered with spinal stenosis and arthritis, I have heard stories regarding the healing qualities of the water at Heviz. After spending only 4 days there, I came back to Budapest feeling well rested and in less pain. My only complaint is about the food. It was so good, too good. I came back to Budapest weighing more than when I left. Do not expect to diet while at this resort. Every day, a large variety of tasty food is served. Desserts were irresistible . I hope to return next year and stay for a longer period of time.

Room Tip: My room overlooked the street. I would ask for a room that faces the pool and lake.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank jtrn
DHSRHeviz, E-commerce Manager at Danubius Health Spa Resort Aqua, responded to this reviewResponded July 29, 2014

Dear "jtrn"

Thank you very much for your feedback and your kind words. I am pretty sorry to inform you that we are not planning any reduction in our food offer, neither in variety, nor in deliciousness. So it is advised to be prepared for the same treatment during your next stay. Joke aside, we heartily hope to see you again pretty soon.

There are newer reviews for Danubius Health Spa Resort Aqua

Reviewed May 8, 2014

Very nice hotel with perfect view from the room.
You feel like home, meal is delicious; friendly, nice staff and they are ready to help you all the time.
Wide range of different services like massage, pedicure, manicure, different kind of saunas, thermal water..etc.

Room Tip: 5-7th floor room with park-view is recommended.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo
3  Thank beki111
DHSRHeviz, E-commerce Manager at Danubius Health Spa Resort Aqua, responded to this reviewResponded July 31, 2014

Dear Guest

Thank you for your score, we are glad that you had a great time at us. We sincerely hope to see you again pretty soon.

Reviewed May 3, 2014

Everything was good, apart of the fact the when I made reservation I was awared that children below 15 had to pay 30 euro per day, I could not imagine that 4 month baby also, considering that when I made reservation I asked about cost and I got not such information, in my opinion, reservation department intentionally hide this info, if I knew before that for a BABY I have to pay the same as for a 15 yr old boy (30 eur per day), I would probably consider other option for my Holydays.

Not to mention a Mouse running at the buffets floor.

Thank you very much for taking 220 euro for a baby stay.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
3  Thank 09017247
DHSRHeviz, E-commerce Manager at Danubius Health Spa Resort Aqua, responded to this reviewResponded June 19, 2014

Dear Guest

Thank you for your comment. I am really sorry for the misunderstanding and that you had to depart from us with such experiences.

In the days passed we conducted a thorough research regarding the circumstances of your order to uncover any issue that might have been routed in our procedure.

As your reservation was made through a 3rd party site, we take great lengths to ensure that all the payment conditions are indicated correctly. The price you quoted was indeed valid for the given booking, as the special offer was created for basically 2 people in one room, with an option of bringing children with you.
We sincerely apologize that we did not stress the extra child price with an adequate emphasis.

Thank you for notifying us about the rodent appearance too. With scheduled and regular anti-rodent measures we do our best to ensure that the number of these occasions remain next to none.
As no other report about such issue reached us before or since, from the thousands of occasions we served our guests, it is always beneficial to get information about that unique happening, no matter its rarity, or the number of sources. We will put that into consideration when planning the next maintenance cycle.

Should you have any further questions or requests, I will gladly be at your disposal on the heviz[dot]e[minus]commerce[at]danubiushotels[dot]com address.

Sincerely:

Reviewed October 31, 2013

An odd pearl among spa hotels in Western Hungary!! After my previous good experiences during last year visits I returned again with my family to the AQUA. I have to say frankly that I did not disappoint now either! Mr. Horvath and his team is on the top of their job at the front desk, they are always nice and friendly, there is only one word: professionals. I have to highlight all waiters and bartenders in the restaurant, their kindness and relationship with the guests are exemplary by comparison with other 4* hotels. The management of the restaurant – Mr. Sebok and colleagues – do an excellent job. Day by day we got always tasty and hearty meal.
Honestly, everybody can easily recognize that 30 years have been gone over the hotel but its stuff’s marvelous job made us forget all this. The fully renewed inner thermal pools and the other pools outside with their various fun elements rise the AQUA to a real valued hotel.
It is no longer a question that we gonna return next year again and I recommend the AQUA in circle of my friends.

Room Tip: eastern windows go to the pools and garden ... skip this hotel if you wanna loose some weight :)
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Jack B
DHSRHeviz, E-commerce Manager at Danubius Health Spa Resort Aqua, responded to this reviewResponded November 19, 2013

Dear Guest

Thank you for your kind words, which was a pleasure to put through to my colleagues as well.
I am especially glad that the new thermal bath gianed your approval.

We are looking forward to have you with us pretty soon!

Kindest regards:

Reviewed October 27, 2013

The room (standard) is definitely small for two and a half (8 months) person.There was not enough air even for sleeping. We have spent 2 nights here. The bathroom with those chocolate coloured tiles are from medieval probability. The pools for children is about 30-32 Celsius "cold" so I think you would never leave your baby more than 5 minutes to stay.
There is a lots of opportunity to grow your belly because the restaurant is quite good.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family

Dear Guest

Thank you for your review. I hope you had a great time at us.
Indeed, the darker shades are dominating at some parts of our hotel's decoration, however, next time you visit us with kids, I sincerely advice you to take advantage of our family apartment. Bright, funny and full of colours, this one was shaped with the needs of families in mind.
The indoor children's pool is one of our hottest pool (save for the thermal ones, which are not advised for kids), which temperature is strictly regulated, ,but I will put forward your remarks to the spa management for further examination.

I hope you will grace us with another visit soon.

Reviewed August 29, 2013

This hotel is stuck in a time-warp. If it was comfortable enough it would not matter, but it's not comfortable. The beds were lumpy and the bedding was the wrong size.

The bathroom fittings were too tired to be of great use. The shower only just worked. I checked with a friend who was in another room and their shower had the same problems.

The food was poor versus other hotels in Heviz and lacked the variety and quality I have come to expect from hotels in this area.

Stay here if you want a kitsch room and make the most of the amazing treatments.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank talibragg
DHSRHeviz, E-commerce Manager at Danubius Health Spa Resort Aqua, responded to this reviewResponded September 3, 2013

Dear Guest

Thank you for your review; every feedback carries great importance to us. The hotel itself was indeed built in the early 80's, and though our possibilities for outer renovations are limited, we do everything to make the interior and the rooms all the most comfortable and enjoyable to our guests during their stay.
The mattresses are completely changed since last summer, and the bed-frame replacement is being carried out now in 90% of the rooms. Our housekeeping and front desk team, along with the guest relation managers are always at your disposal to carry out and room requests, such as providing you with other rooms, should the bed or the bathroom in the original would prove to be unsatisfactory.
The same solution can be applied to the food: as the first all inclusive resort in Heviz our kitchen staff is more than ready to meet any request on the behalf of our guests.
I sincerely hope that we can see you again soon, and show you improvement in all those situations that arisen during your stay.
I am looking forward to have you with us soon.

Reviewed August 27, 2013

We have been visiting this hotel for 7 years now and we always felt good and wanted to return. But not this time. We booked our rooms in June and we paid an advance payment as usual. We arrived at the hotel on August 20th and we checked in. Everything was ok. The guy at the reception did not mention any new thing. While going to our rooms we saw a notice in the elevator informing the guests that the thermal pool was under reorganization so.... it was closed! We checked with the front desk and we were told that, indeed, they had started the works 3 days before and the indoor pool was closed. However, we were invited to use the outdoor pool which was filled this time with thermal water. Unfortunately, we stayed there for 5 days and only one was sunny. The temperature outside was 22-23C and cloudy or rainy. So, using the outdoor pool was out of the question for my mother because she would have become ill for sure. We were also told that we could have used the facilities of the other Danubius hotel, and we did so in our last day, when it was raining cats and dogs and there was nothing to do in our hotel. And we were welcomed there, and the facilities were good but to go from one hotel to the other, in the rain, after spending time in the thermal water and sauna is not a brilliant idea. When we left it was raining and there was nothing to do in the hotel. All facilities, except sauna, were outdoor, and for old people and for people looking for getting healthier there the situation was not too good!
The rooms need some renovation. Our room had a leaking toilet and there was a persistent bad smell in the bathroom because of this. We informed the front desk about it but nothing was done. The chairs also had to be changed.
The cleaning is perfect and the personnel in the restaurant is very good, ready to help and make you feel at home there. The food was good, the chef is very good and the food is tasty. But the choices were more limited than in the previous years or so we felt, but it might be just an impression.

Anyhow, we left Danubius Aqua disappointed this year. For regular guests as we were, we would have expected to be informed in good time about the changes, to be given the chance to take an informed decision. A discount could have been given. But everything was just like before, except for their offer. We could not take advantage of the water, we did not feel comfortable in the room because of the smell and all these shortcomings could not be offset, unfortunately, by the food or by the nice personnel.

We are sorry to say that for some years we will not visit Danubius Aqua anymore!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
6  Thank Val-Bucharest

Dear Guest

Thank you very much for your honouring review. My sadness was beyond words upon reading your lines, and sincerely apologize for all the inconveniences you experienced in our resort.
The error was on our side for failing to inform you about the works in our thermal area. Not to diminish the happened events, but I must mention that what we thought to be only a minor tile detachment (which could have been fixed soon), resulted in a much larger work. The good in the bad is, that once we finish with the reorganization, a new, modern and elegant thermal area will await our guests.
I was also sad to learn the conditions in your room. Our front desk team is always ready to provide you with another room, if there are empty ones in the given time. Also, our guest relation managers are at your disposal to handle with any issues around.
Again, I would like to express my deepest sorrow for all, you shared with us, and sincerely hope that despite that, you will give our resort another chance, and honour us with your visit again. If I can be at your disposal, do not hesitate to contact me either through phone, or by email on heviz[dot]e-commerce[at]danubiushotels[dot]com
With kindest regards: