“A Lovely Wellness Retreat ~”

Danubius Health Spa Resort Aqua
Ranked #4 of 32 Hotels in Heviz
Vancouver, Canada
“A Lovely Wellness Retreat ~”
Reviewed June 11, 2013

This place has become a annual 'wellness' habit for me ...

My daily routine went something like this:

Wake Up ... Eat ... Mud Pack ... Massage ... Infra Sauna ... Plunge Pool ... Finish Sauna ... Plunge Pool ... Steam ... Plunge Pool ... Rest ... Eat ... Physiotherapy ... Hanging Underwater Traction ... Rest ... Walk to Thermal Lake ... Swim ... Rest ... Walk ... Eat ... Infra Sauna ... Plunge Pool ... Finish Sauna ... Plunge Pool ... Steam ... Plunge Pool ... Rest ... Eat ... Sleep ... Wake Up To Singing Birds at 4 AM ...

Repeat, repeat, repeat ...

Wonderful staff, fabulous service ... once again.

Thing is, now that I'm home, I'm going through treatment withdrawal. I need a massage. János? Are you there???

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Canada152
DHSRHeviz, E-commerce Manager at Danubius Health Spa Resort Aqua, responded to this review, June 19, 2013
Dear "Canada152"

Thank you so much for your kind words. We are glad to be you "same time next year" resort, and that you honour us with your stay.
Wish you all the best and see you soon!

E-commerce manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
Veszprém, Veszprem, Hungary
Reviewed May 7, 2013

We spent the easter holidays there. Even it was a small accident with the water lines and there was full house, the staff did their best.
The quality of "fruit" juices is very poor, they are just sweat wishy-washy.
The furnitures& televisons are looks like 1000 years old.
I exprcted more from a 4 star hotel in Heviz, which is in the one of the reachest cities in Hungary.
However the anmation prg for kids was really great! The spa is also ok, there are many saunas and outside pool as well.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Bgyory
DHSRHeviz, E-commerce Manager at Danubius Health Spa Resort Aqua, responded to this review, May 9, 2013
Dear Guest

Thank you for your honouring reply. Every feedback is very important to us to improve our services.

TV equipments are indeed some years behind the latest technology, but we constantly upgrade the technical devices in both of our resort. This spring we increased the bandwidth of the WiFi services in the hotel ten times over, and made the wireless LAN service all available in our entire resort, rather than just i the lobby, as before.
In our sister resort, the DHSR Heviz we also upgrade the televisions right now, with high-end, Full HD LCD flat-screens. We are bound to make such upgrades in the DHSR Aqua also in the near future.

Thank you for your feedback regarding the quality of the juices. Your feedback had been forwarded to the responsible department for further processing.

The water-pipe burst was really a sad, vis major accident, out of our reach and we are grateful that you appreciated our staff's effort.

We hope to see you again soon in our resort.

West Wareham
Reviewed March 3, 2013

Recently returned from my second visit to Heviz at the Danubius Health Spa Resort Aqua. In the past there was no wifi and because I was with a friend it didn't matter much. We had a great time. So when I chose to return this time alone for a week I was happy to find that wifi was available in the rooms also.

My room was clean and pleasant as before, the service was exceptional. Housekeepers and desk responded immediately to my request for a larger robe and extra pillows. Had breakfast delivered to me one morning and that too was a pleasant experience. The outdoor pool in the off season is a charming. Up to your ears in warm water as the steam rises :)

The restaurant is excellent. The variety and quality of the food choices served is most appreciated. There was even organic beet juice on the juice bar, fish 2 days of the week I was there. Waiters are helpful and live music makes evening meals more special.

I'm planning to make a return again in the fall.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
DHSRHeviz, E-commerce Manager at Danubius Health Spa Resort Aqua, responded to this review, November 19, 2013
Dear Guest

Just want to thank you your kind lines; we were happy to read about your experiences.
Since some time passed of your last visit, I find it worth to note, that our spa area with it's thermal bath has been completely rebuilt.
I hope that during your next stay you'll have the opportunity to try out.

Yodca
Reviewed December 8, 2012

Absolute excellence in guest service emphasizing its restaurant and staffs, rarely found any similar with this 4 stars. From the moment of arrival to our farewell departure, we were made to feel like home, in that cozy retro style countryside resort. I must say this is the best spa experience I’ve encountered to-date! Found the staff very nice and helpfull and really enjoyed Hévíz itself. The apartment was very clean, pretty and comfortable. The water could be warmer outdoor. My recommendation to everyone!

Room Tip: Rooms to the east with awesome view!
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Jack B
DHSRHeviz, E-commerce Manager at Danubius Health Spa Resort Aqua, responded to this review, December 10, 2012
Dear Jack B

Thank you for your honouring review. Glad to hear you had a wonderful time at us.

Just a small tech thing about our indoor / outdoor pool: the pool's temperature is pre-set to a certain level, that is being supervised by the mixture of hot and normal water, and being monitored throughout the day.
As temperature falls, more hot water is mixed into the system, but it takes some time to release its effect in the entire pool.

We heartily hope to see you again soon.

Kindest regards:

Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed July 25, 2012

May 2012 was my third trip to the Danubius Aqua in three years. This third trip was just as enjoyable as the previous two. No complaints -- only fond memories that linger with me now that I am home, on the other side of the world.

As mentioned in my previous review (scroll down), I come here to unwind, rejuvenate, and recover from the stresses of the previous year. For me, this place does not disappoint.

Once again, I signed up for the 21-day, 45-treatment medical spa package, which, for me, included a schedule of massages, mud packs, physiotherapy, and weighted underwater traction. I participated in aqua-exercises every morning at 11am. All meals and snacks were included--a big relief from grocery shopping and cooking every day during the working year. Also, and importantly, I spent 2 hours per day in thermal Lake Heviz -- absorbing the minerals in a beautiful natural setting.

I also established daily routines of soaking in the thermal hotel pool, and enjoying the brand new sauna facilities -- a major addition to the Aqua Hotel. Twice a day (before lunch and dinner) I did the rounds of the various saunas -- Bio-Sauna, Finnish Sauna, Infra Sauna, and Steam Room, moving between each of these, with transition time in the new ice cold plunge pool. I cannot emphasize enough what a fabulous addition these new facilities are, in terms of my overall experience.

Once again, and it must be mentioned, the staff at the Aqua are outstanding: professional, friendly, warm, fun, and engaging -- always going above and beyond to make me feel welcome.

I highly recommend the Aqua. There is heart and soul here ~

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Canada152
Gatwick, null, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 22, 2012

We were at Hévíz to enjoy the healing water and the city. The hotel was as good as I readed before. I just reccomend for everyone.
The good clean room, the foods, the spa was awesome.
A little too much old people around, but its a healty place afterall.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
DHSRHeviz, E-commerce Manager at Danubius Health Spa Resort Aqua, responded to this review, July 24, 2012
Dear Guest

Thank you for your kind words and recommendation.
We are glad that you had a good time at us, and hope to see you again soon!

Calgary, Canada
Reviewed June 26, 2012

Recently, I had the privilege of staying at the Danubius Health Spa Resort Aqua, located in the town of Heviz, Hungary. I have the misfortune of suffering from severe osteoarthritis, and decided, upon the recommendation of my friend who is a true water baby, to try the European habit of “taking to the waters”.

The Aqua was my oasis in a desert of health issues. It all started with the competent assessment of the staff doctor, and throughout my visit, I received professional treatment from massage therapists, physiotherapists, estheticians, and a host of other staff members…. from the lady who slathered me in smelly mud, to the wonderful woman with the kind smile who hung me by my neck in the healing waters (and calmed my fears) to the lovely lady named Erika, who greeted all in the foyer with a smile and tips on how to catch the bus, and what path to take in the forest for a nice walk to Lake Heviz.

There is a gentleness to these people who care for their clients; an unspoken word of confidentiality, of caring, and of healing.

The Aqua is the place to experience the healing waters of Heviz. The people who book vacations at this resort come year after year to experience the tradition, the smell, the feel, the love of “the waters”. There are also people like me who have never been to Heviz, never experienced the bubbles of the lake, have never immersed themselves in water that mysteriously allows you to sleep like a baby and wake up to the sound of song birds at 4 am. and make you want to do it all over again.

The Aqua is a unique experience in water; it is fluid, it is warm and it is fun. And, the waiters are always happy to fill your wine glass to the brim…the fee? A warm smile.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
4 Thank Barbara T
, E-commerce Manager at Danubius Health Spa Resort Aqua, responded to this review, June 29, 2012
Dear Barbara

Thank you very much for your kind words and review.

We heartily hope to sere you soon in our resort again.

Kindest regards: