“I recommend”

Ranked #4 of 32 Hotels in Heviz
Rumia
“I recommend”
Reviewed January 14, 2012

Perfect place to spend lazy or active short urlopu.Blisko hence the famous Copacabana beach, everywhere shops, bars and restaurants. Swimming pool on the roof of the hotel is an idea struck you can see the panoramic view from there, so romantic :-) A great city. Well and at a reasonable price. We recommend ...

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
6 Thank GrzegorzRumia

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
Yodca
Reviewed December 9, 2011

We had a wonderful stay in your hotel, an unbeatable price-performance ratio. With the new childpool is ideal for families, that I missed last time. Brilliant and excellent food, well presented and served. The restaurant service and staff prompt and friendly. There was also a very good atmosphere in the dining room. Never forget the wonderful meals. I will definitely return again and recommend to others! No. 1 in West Hungary! Cheers

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
7 Thank Jack B
DHSRHeviz, E-commerce Manager at Danubius Health Spa Resort Aqua, responded to this review, December 18, 2011
Dear Guest

Thank you for your kind words; indeed, the child pool is the latest addition to our facilities. We heartily hope that we can serve you and your family with an outstanding holiday experience upon your next visit again.

See you very soon!

Solihull
Reviewed September 20, 2011

I was very disappointed in this Hotel. Described as "luxurious", it clearly HAD been - in the Communist Era!! The whole place was very 80's and some parts of it i.e. the bedrooms were very tired. There was a pool but the gardens surrounding it were not well maintained at all. Some of the staff were very rude and hardly any of them spoke English - we had quite few problems during our stay and it was impossible to get understood. The bedrooms had tiny duvets which hardly covered you, no tea or coffee making facilities and the shower was just an old plastic shower head which you moved up and down a pole. Most rooms didn't have a safe. It was at the top of a steep gradient and this made the town very inaccessible. We were All Inclusive which was NOT AI at all and we ended up having huge arguments with the Hotel Staff over their interpretation of AI. Other than us, everyone else in the Hotel was German and the staff spent the whole time pandering to them. The only redeeming feature was the food, which was excellent - a good choice at every meal.

Room Tip: Make sure you don't get a disabled room, as some of our party did (who were able bodied) and the...
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
3 Thank Dramatics
DHSRHeviz, E-commerce Manager at Danubius Health Spa Resort Aqua, responded to this review, September 22, 2011
Dear Guest

Thank you for your comment you left about our resort. Every feedback carries great importance in the improvement our services.

I would like to express my sincerest sorrow for not being able to provide you with the holiday experience you expected from our hotel.

Regarding the All-inclusive catering, it indeed has different interpretation in the aspect of catering – I might risk that it differs from hotel to hotel in Hungary. We spare no efforts of communicating it toward our guests prior to their booking, thus preventing any inconvenience because of the different interpretations.

Our all-inclusive service covers the soft drinks and ice-cream from 11 AM to 10 PM, and the drafted beer and house-wine at dinner from 6 PM to 9 PM.
Breakfast (both in buffet form and continental), buffet-lunch and dinner, and afternoon pastries are included in the all-inclusive service, and I am very pleased that they gained your approval.

Your review enlightened many areas which demand our attention, and I thank you for taking the effort of writing this.

I would like to respectfully ask for your help: please, assist me in the investigation of these issues by writing me, when did you stay at us, and which booking channel did you use for booking to our venue.

For this, I will gladly be at your disposal on the heviz(dot)e-commerce(at)danubiushotels(dot)com, or on the following number: +36 83 889 431 (Monday to Friday, from 8 PM to 4 AM).

I am looking forward to hearing from you soon.

Sincerely:

Solihull
Reviewed August 25, 2011

We had a good sized back room, but it was well kept and comfortable. Sliding shutters to the window help with privacy and light screening for night time.
Plentiful breakfast and plenty of choice for lunch and dinner - all buffet style.
Be aware that "All Inclusive" may not be what you are used to in other European Countries - limited drinks menu and only until 21.00hr. All other times and spirits - you pay!
Friendly, helpful staff.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank SolihullBob
DHSRHeviz, E-commerce Manager at Danubius Health Spa Resort Aqua, responded to this review, August 29, 2011
Dear Guest

Thank you for your honouring contribution. We appreciate every feedback our guests share about our resort.

I am grateful that you mentioned the all-inclusive service in your review. Indeed, "all-inclusive" have different interpretations in the aspect of catering in each country, and in each resort. In particular, Danubius Health Spa Resort Aqua's all-inclusive service covers the soft drinks and ice-cream from 11 AM to 10 PM, and the drafted beer and house-wine at dinnertime from 6 PM to 9 PM. Naturally, breakfast (both in buffet form and continental), buffet-lunch and dinner, and afternoon pastries are included in the all-inclusive service, just as you graciously pointed out.

Thank you for your kind words which I personally forwarded to our staff-members. We are glad that you spent a nice holiday at us, and heartily hope that you will return to us soon.

Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed July 30, 2011

This was my second time at the Aqua in two years. Each time, for the 21 Day Super Saver Special with 45 Treatments. Last year, I came alone. This year, I brought my brother. Both times, it was wonderful.

For me, this place is a peaceful and quiet treasured 'retreat' to unwind from the responsibilities and pressures of my everyday life back home, and to give my body, mind and spirit a "Tune-Up".

The service I received from staff is outstanding--dining room staff, treatment staff, front office staff, exercise staff, everyone. Pleasant, friendly, helpful, fun to interact with, and willing to assist with my earnest yet rather feeble attempts to learn and speak the Hungarian language.

The backbone of this organization is the Guest Relations Manager, Erika Esztergomi. This woman is a major asset to this organization--a phenomenal ambassador for the Aqua hotel, Heviz, and the nation of Hungary itself. I hope the Danubius administration treats her, and all other Aqua employees, as well as they have treated me these past two years.

An interesting observation on this second visit > many of the guests I saw at the Aqua in May 2010 returned in May 2011, as I had. Quiet a few repeat visitors. It seems to be a "same time next year" kind of place ~

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with friends
2 Thank Canada152
DHSRHeviz, E-commerce Manager at Danubius Health Spa Resort Aqua, responded to this review, August 4, 2011
Dear Guest

Thank you very much for your kind review and all the experience you shared with us. Your feedback is important to our future guests, and nothing short of priceless for our hotel's team.

It is truly an elevating experience that our team could meet with your expectations, and provide you with a truly memorable stay again. The responses from satisfied, returning guests like you are the biggest boon in our everyday work.

I will personally inform our general manager about the excellence of our colleague you specifically mentioned in the review too.

We heartily hope that we earned the honor to be your "same time-next year" place.
As for my closing thoughts I take the liberty of further encouraging your efforts of mastering Hungarian language: Szívből köszönjük a véleményét - várjuk vissza!

e-commerce manager
Europe
Reviewed September 7, 2008

Unfortunately we had terrible experiences, staying at this hotel: one night all inclusive (dinner, breakfast and lunch) deal from Sat-Sunday, booked directly via Hotel website.
1. The check-in time was 2PM. When we arrived around this time, we were told that lunch was over and we would not take it in the following date since the checkout time is 11AM and the lunch starts from 12. (it was not clear how this all inclusive deal functions and we thought some flexible arrangements could be made for the guest)
2. When we checked in, the spa opening time was not informed. It was closed at 7PM (Thermal) and 8PM (all others) and I think this is rather early since many people went out to the famous thermal lake and try to use the hotel Spa after dinner (package dinner was from 6-9 PM.) We took a dinner from 7PM and went to Spa around 8:30 it was closed. We were shouted by Spa staff and they put detergent on our way out.
3. We wanted to try several SPA treatments; to our surprise, the treatment office is closed for Saturday afternoon and all day Sunday. This can not be called as SPA Resort since no SPA treatment was offered.
4. The room standard can not be "four stars", the furnishing was outdated, and a shower hook was broken. This can only be 3 plus at most.
5. Reception staff was not nice and professional: they are mainly old people and did not give correct information (e.g. opening hours of the thermal lake, duty schedule of manager). They were not helpful or polite. I thought they were still communist/socialist type of attitude. The worst was Mr. Szigeti (Front Office Manager) when we complained the above matters; he said that he would serve only for "Friendly Guests".
6. In general, this hotel is for retired, 60++, long-term cheap stay not for SPA weekend for younger persons. We were really disappointed and would not recommend.

• Liked — Water of Thermal Bath, Restaurant Staff
  • Disliked — Reception Staff, Front Office Manager Mr. Szegeti, SPA and treatment service time
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
4 Thank konodora
DHSRHeviz, E-commerce Manager at Danubius Health Spa Resort Aqua, responded to this review, June 3, 2011
Dear Guest

Thank you for your detailed comment. It is very important us to hear every feedback from our guests.

In the time passed since your review we worked and will continue to work hard to improve our services the better to serve our guests’ needs.

As a response to the situations such as the one detailed above, we provide late check-out and early check-in opportunity, and revised the opening hours and the booking availability of the spa services. Personnel issues were also forwarded toward the department executives and settled.

Your honoured review contributed greatly toward the improving of our services. I will heartily hope that contrary of the review title you will give us another occasion to provide you with a pleasant spa holiday.
If I can be at your disposal in the future, please, do not hesitate to contact me directly on the heviz<dot>e-commerce<at>danubiushotels<dot>com address.

With kindest regards: