“Very nice!”

Cuisines: Hungarian
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed March 29, 2013

This place is lovely! In the country side and it feels like it's in the middle of no where. Inside is warm and cosy. The son (waiter) is a character and very nice. The food is wonderful with huge portions and is great value for the quality of the food!
I really enjoyed it and will come again. I think it's worth the visit it!

Reviewed September 14, 2012

Bit of a walk to get there through the country lanes, and then into the open countryside itself, but my oh my, this place is something special!!

I cannot recommend it enough! The waiter (forgot his name!) was amazing...He was so emotive, full of energy and passion he really made this place special! The menu was grafted onto some chalk boards (see pics of the meats) and the portions were HUGE as well..the wine came in huge trinkets and the outdoor area was on huge log beams...The surrounding fields were for the vegetables that they used in their cooking and all we were given a full outline of all the meats and offered various types of cut as well...The food was sensational and the service was so authentic as well!

The restaurant almost looks like an Austrian chalet and the surrounding scenery was beautiful rolling hills and also underneath a cathedral as well. A really enchanting and magical place! Would recommend to anyone without hesitation to anybody :-) Eat here,watch the sun go down, and drink some great wine under the stars...yes please!

1  Thank AnandMavani
Reviewed August 4, 2012

I wen't to this restaurant thanks to reviwes on this site, but I have to admit, I was verry disapointed...first of all, restoraunt is almost impossible to find, and there is no single road sign with directions to restoraunt. There are no directions on restoraunt's offical website either. Second, they don't accept credit cards. Third, the staff dosen't look to much intrested in guests, and they are verry loud. They were constantly touching dog and cat, who obviosly live there, withaout any hand washing either. When I saw all described, I disn't wann't to eat, and I just ordered a drink: a sparkling water which I get in old and dirty bottle...I don't have to mention they charged the whole bottle althogh I had less than a glass...altougheter this restoraunt has a lot of potentiol thanks to the nagure and some details, but currently is far away from standards of a desent agroturistical center...

Reviewed June 4, 2012

We were truly surprised to find this amazing place in the rural part of Heviz. High quality regional products, home made bread, freshest local ingridients, friendly and cozy atmosphere. Hungarian cuisine at its best. Lovely place to spend an evening after a good swim in the warm waters of Heviz lake.

1  Thank Sergey P
Reviewed May 8, 2012

We have been were in this restaurant for more than 5 times during our holiday in Heviz.
It has a special charming atmosphere and very good Hungarian food.
Do not stress much attention on the menu because they have some special dishes for everyday.
Try white buffalo filet or goat cheese on leaves they are amazing.
The portions are very big so be careful to not order too much.
I have special words regarding the Apple STRUDEL which was made by the mother of the hostess. IT IS JUST AMAZING.
This venue is really worth visiting.

1  Thank MaximKiev