“HOTEL AQUAMARIN, HEVIZ” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #15 of 32 Hotels in Heviz
Klanjec, Krapinsko-Zagorska, Croatia
“HOTEL AQUAMARIN, HEVIZ”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

Nice town, nice hotel in a quiet place.
For the first holiday ...
I
Aquamarin, hotel located in the beautiful town of Heviz in Hungary
The old hotel which is one lap updated and nice.
For the rest Dudjom body and certainly recommend.

Rose and Zeljko

t was very nice.

Room Tip: Me and husband were in the restored part of the hotel. New rooms and separate from the hospital wor...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 stars
3 Thank Stara Vodenica G

Budapest, Hungary
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2012

We arrived to the hotel in the evening knowing that we would be accommodated in the "not yet rebuilt" wing of the hotel. But we could never imagine such a disgusting place!
Entering the room we thought we were in a hospital ward in Romania in 1955! The two beds (king size promised) were separate beds, my 183 cm husband could not even fit in its lenght.
There were two little armchairs which had a greasy dirty textile covering them.
The bathroom was a complete nightmare. The shower was practically like a cupboard with a half-hanging bin to wash your hands and a broken towel rail. There was no way to hang your towel or place your toiletries and they would all get wet anyway since you had to shower in a very small place.

The whole on the ceiling covered by a net was not too inviting either. It looked like a gas-chamber and the door's painting was coming off in great portions.
The toilet was a separate "cupboard" and was dirty as it was.

The windows and curtains were grey and dirty and our "view" was on a concrete fence under which rubbish was thrown from the hotel kitchen windows below us. It was absolutely horrible.

When we went out for a walk at 10:30 pm the huge "hospital" corridors we needed to cross to get to the reception were invaded by bats.
I am not particularly afraid of bats but I have a phobia and was just standing there numb. The Receptionist said "Yeah, they live under the roof but we have installed nets in the rooms to protect them from flying in the air ventilation tubes.
When I said that I cannot stay in this place because I have phobia he told me that I am exaggerating and probably I have seen bats before yet I am still alive.

This all outside the hotel door with bats flying around the entrance hall. I could not physically enter the place again and he started telling me that I cannot leave the hotel. Naturally, we had to pay the hole night's stay which was almost the most expensive night of my life costing 79 USD as this was a holiday special. We did not even touch anything in the room but the guy made us pay.

So my advise, stay away and visit Korona Panzio instead when you are in Hévíz (see my new review on Korona).
We could not take pictures unfortunately as we were practically escaping.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
      Location
      Sleep Quality
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
19 Thank AbhainnMacKay

Travelers are raving about these Heviz hotels