“Large hotel, nice rooms, not so happy with the service and food.”
Review of Hotel Eger & Park

Hotel Eger & Park
Ranked #3 of 22 Hotels in Eger
Reviewed November 23, 2012

We stayed here as a group of ten, on business. The hotel itself is impressive and the breakfast rooms particularly so. The food was OK but evening meals not too special and alas the service from one or two employees convinced us to take our money elsewhere when we returned a year later. [Asking for money for the drinks machine late at night got a yes for one drink but a no for two; with a medical condition that often leaves me thirsty at night, the pettiness of the manager concerned left me very unimpressed, given that the bar was closed and the mini bar didn't have any suitable drinks. His manner lost his employer our business.]

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank AvonbourneCECCY

Reviewed October 4, 2012

We had a room with view to the north and we had nice panoramic view of the city. This hotel has its swimming pool and it was an aquaaerobic once! Hungarian food fits me well and I enjoy it! The hotel is not cheap but you get a high standard of service.
This hotel is situated very close to historic center and that was the advantage too.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Piotr S
Reviewed September 24, 2012

The hotel is split up in the 4* Eger Park and the 3* Eger. We stayed in the Eger part. I had a single room (456) which had a very small bathroom. The sink was loose and hanging apart from the wall. The shower cabine was only 50 or 60 cm wide. There was no place to stand in front of the sink. Very terrible. The other single rooms in the hallway had more extended bathrooms. So just be sure not to get the rooms ending with 56 as they have the playmobil bathooms.
Unfortunately the reception deks was not very polite when I mentioned tje unacceptable bathroom the other morning. They just smiled and said "yes it is very small".
The hotel is located near the city centre and that was nice for a walk into town.

Room Tip: Don't get the rooms ending 56 as they are next to the stairways and therefore have extremely sma...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Ilena73
Reviewed September 16, 2012

I was there 2 night in Park Hotel, our room was situated in the 4 star area. We booked a delux room, it was the best room where I have been. The room was huge clean. There was a jacuzzi and infra sauna in the room. The breakfast was good, there was a wide range of food. Staff was help full. Eger is so beautiful city, the castle and the streets are friendly. There were many good restaurants. We visited the cellar of Abbey, when we were in Eger, there was a nights of Leánykák, we tasted a lot of very good wines.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank PR79
Reviewed July 22, 2012

I was again in eger, this time for 1 night. Biggest hotel in town, but nothing special. The food was excellent, the spa was good. There was a konference at hotel, and a lot of people was running around loud, like no control.
Staff was like nothing special. I saw a preety lady in the back room, but in reception an old fart with glasses was very unhappy for something, and because ot that he was unpleasant with me either.
Otherwise is a good looking exclusive place... but not for a couple looking for some romantik rest.

Room Tip: We were in 3 star superior douberoom. Clean and good.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Louie_Buks
Reviewed June 19, 2012

I stayed for a week on the Eger Park hotel, on the older building that is supposed to be a higher star rating. The rooms very old but well kept. AC would work well. Bathroom was renovated and decent with plenty of hot water. I had breakfast and dinner a few days, the food was pretty good and the restaurant area was very nice. It is a basic hotel, didn’t have anything extra that I’d use although they had a small spa. The rooms definitively need some sort of update. I went back to Eger 8 months later but didn’t stay at the Park, although I regret my decision.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank Manoel G
Reviewed May 30, 2012

We were on a three-week tour of Central Europe with Adventures Abroad and stayed here two nights. The location is excellent, the hotel is a 2 minute walk from the large park and an easy walk into the center of town. The breakfast buffet was perfectly adequate. The beds were disgusting! The mattress covers didn't fit over the mattress and neither did the bottom sheet and viewing a dirty mattress was most unpleasant. The staff was pleasant.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank angten
Also consider these accommodations in or near Eger
Imola Hotel Platan
#8 of 22 in Eger
Bambara Hotel
Bambara Hotel
#1 of 1 in Felsotarkany

Been to Hotel Eger & Park? Share your experiences!