“Flawless”

IKON Restaurant Debrecen
Ranked #2 of 126 Restaurants in Debrecen
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Discover the real Hungarian cuisine made by fresh ingredients from the nearby farms, professional staff. Try the chef table, it's miracolous feeling to taste the foods in the kitchen. --
Reviewed June 11, 2014

With 26 degrees in the air and a mild breeze, the atmosphere could not have been better for a three-course dinner for two one late evening in Debrecen. We were offered a good table immediately, and the following service was just as excellent, kind and courteous and gave us menus and explanations in both languages. Recommendations and manner in which they were presented were very forthcoming.

The food was impeccable. Timely served, excellent fabric, well decorated with excellent taste. In short: flawless. The ribeye well-tasting and full, the catfish well composed, the foie-gras melting on the tounge. The desert, a flower-based dish full of flower-taste left words futile. It was delicious. Scenic view? In a way yes - with the people in Debrecen walking slowly by, the tram slowing gliding past and the trees above us smelling gently of flowery scent, it was beautiful.

Drinks that we booked on the side, red wine and dessert wine fit the meals perfectly. We ended up with a bill of 23.000 Ft, which is on the expensive side in Debrecen, but well worth considering what we got. Without a doubt the best restaurant in Debrecen. Highly recommended.

2  Thank Morten L

Reviewed May 29, 2014

I had a chance to visit this place during a weekend with friends. We have chosen the place by accident, but we were really impressed!

It has a nice terrace, but the interior is also a charming and shows high qualities. The atmosphere suggest something good, and the kitchen confirms it! The chef is doing excellent, I could really feel his intention to create something new to surprise the guest in a positive way. I had a chance to taste several meals and all was really on a high level (delicious, with a touch of innovation). And finally they could really exceed this with the desserts, which were one from the best-of-bests for me (even with my high expectations). I had to taste 2 different - this is the best oppinion I guess...

Service was also excellent /and really flexible, and I am also greatfull for that/, not just professional, but according to our actual mood! - good job!
Location is also good, just on the main street, which is lovely.

I will definitely return to here, and will choose 2 desserts for sure. (I would recommend it to you as well! - do not worry, they are not big)

ps.: in genaral I am very critical and it is quite unusual to give such a good oppinion on a place - they really deserved it and hope will be able to keep this standard!

1  Thank Laszlo J
Reviewed May 25, 2014

Wonderful food, great service and an impressive, reasonably priced wine list. I had the - nice and pink and we had the Pannonhalmi Pinot Noir - also highly recommended.

Reviewed May 24, 2014

So, in England, I wouldn't say Hungarian cooking or service is particularly well known. However, IKON was fantastic. We were welcomed by friendly staff, told to sit wherever we wanted (we chose to sit outside), we didn't need to reserve on a Saturday night, and were chatted to by the waiter who'd previously lived and worked in Kent.

I had pancakes stuffed with chicken, the gourmet burger (I know, it just sounded tasty at the time...) and then the best ever dessert - a kind of chocolate and orange mousse. Local wine each. Meal and drinks for two came to around £45. I'm sure it wasn't the cheapest restaurant, but we felt like it was luxury dining and service, in a great location. The tasting menu looked good too...

Reviewed May 14, 2014 via mobile

Great food and service! Friendly atmosphere. Good wines. Elegant. A bit expensive for hungarian wallet but you must try the 30km menu! ;)

1  Thank Furdi B