“Very Warm Experience”
Review of Hotel Divinus

Hotel Divinus
Ranked #4 of 18 Hotels in Debrecen
Reviewed October 12, 2012

We spent 11 nights in this hotel and already planned to make it our second home each time we are in Debrecen, Hungary. The room we stayed in was very comfortable and spacious. The breakfast was made to take care of all no matter your nationality. The hotel staff were very courteous, neat, smart and friendly.
I remember one of the mornings that my wife and I decided to relax in the open area of the hotel, one of the hotel staff observed that the weather was becoming cold and brought us a blanket each to keep warm while sitting outside.
Room service was very efficient and reliable at all times. Internet service in the room was very stable throughout our stay in the hotel without interuptions.
We really enjoyed the 11 nights we spent in the hotel.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank TeeJaay

Reviewed October 4, 2012

I was planning to visit this hotel for a long time and in August 2012 I finally had a chance to spend 4 days at Divinus with my boyfriend.
The reservation process was excellent and fast. After our arrival we saw a very beautifully decorated lobby and a very friendly and welcoming staff at the reception. Our room had a nice balcony and it was spacious and comfortable. As it is a 5 star hotel I missed the body lotion and the shampoo from the bathroom...only a shower gel was prepared.
But the purpose of our stay at Divinus was the wellness and spa which was not up to our expectations. There are only 2 pools and 1 jakuzzi which is boring after one day. From the 4 saunas 1 was out of order by the time of our visit.
The breakfast was great and tasty, I enjoyed eating on the terrace. We haven't tried the restaurant for dinner, but we ordered some room service, it was fast and the staff at the restaurant and room service was very nice and friendly.
In conclusion this hotel might be perfect for business, but if you are looking for a perfect wellness hotel in Hungary there are better choices than Divinus.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Senorita91
Reviewed August 31, 2012

Excellent staff, decent restaurant, good facilities and quiet and comfortable rooms. The decor in the restaurant is interesting in an 80's way. Breakfast had the usual buffet selection to cater to most tastes. The only annoyance is the music blaring away at breakfast. Will not hesitate to return if business takes me to Debrecen.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed August 10, 2012

Stayed here for business, room was spacious, with a nice balocny and nice bathroom. Comfortable bed and good air-con (it was 40 degrees while I was there). The pool and spa area was really nice. Breakfast was wierd (stir fry veg and spicy sausages??) but i guess that is a Hungarian thing :-) Overall - a nice place

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank ProlificMick
Reviewed July 8, 2012

I was on a business trip to Debrecen, having meetings in the hotel. Since I had enough place in my car I took my parents with me to enjoy the wellness area of the hotel and the café, while I have the meetings.
Super breakfast buffet, smiley and professional service in the food and beverage area and excellent background music, fit to our breakfasts, coffees and late night chitchatting on the terrace. Fair prices, the only thing I missed is the faboulos morning sweet doughs and home made pastries (cinnamon roll) what I enjoyed so much last time!
The terrace seemed to be almost empty, though the location is perfect as well the service. Maybe having a really open grill terrace would make more attractive the terrace. This time the cook used the outdoor kitchen rarely only.
My parents enjoyed the wellnes facitlites during these two really hot summer days.

The only thing was strange for me, what I realized on the last day only, that any time I ordered a coffee with some cold milk aside, I was charged by HUF 150.- (50 EuroCent) extra for the cold milk. When I let the waiter know, he promised to forward my complaint to the restaurant mgr.

Room Tip: you can take any of the rooms: they are spacious, quiet, the aircondition works properly and furnitu...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed June 22, 2012

Had a 2 day relaxing stay at Divinus. Modern building with classical styled decor. Great wellness area.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Nashville T
Reviewed June 18, 2012

I liked this hotel very much.

The standard is very acceptable with rooms dressed in dark wood interior and stylish matching equipment. The location is close to the city centre, only a few tram-stops away.

The spa is excellent. I had it all to myself, and to have several saunas, whirlpools and a big swimming pool all to oneself feels like real luxury. For a humble Norwegian it feels a bit too much.

The breakfast though was disappointing. When I was there there was an extremely poor selection in breads, only loaf and some few selections of meat and cheese. To be a hotel this was not more than 3 stars, maximum. I managed to eat though.

If you are to stay in Debrecen I can recommend this hotel. Enjoy the spa and the room, and go and eat breakfast in the centre instead.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank Morten L
Also consider these accommodations in or near Debrecen
Aquaticum Debrecen Thermal and Wellness Hotel
#5 of 18 in Debrecen
Hotel Silver
Hotel Silver
#1 of 26 in Hajduszoboszlo

Been to Hotel Divinus? Share your experiences!