“Slow but enjoyable”

Ranked #14 of 160 Dessert in Budapest
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: District VII / Jewish Quarter
Description: The best cafe in the world! Experience traditional flavors and typical Hungarian dishes or enjoy elegant international cuisine.
Saint Paul, Minnesota
“Slow but enjoyable”
Reviewed August 18, 2013

My wife and I were told we shouldn't miss this during our visit to Budapest. We went in the middle of the afternoon and we were surprised to see the place was full. We were hungry so we wanted lunch. I had the veal stew and my wife had the goulash and both were excellent. They served a big basket of bread and being a bread addict, I loved it. We had a "New York" dessert that was full of delicious whipped cream and ice cream. I had ice tea that was refreshing and delicious. The service as unbelievably slow, but we were in no hurry so we just enjoyed the beautiful ambiance. We were appalled by the people in short shorts, tennis shoes and shabby clothing. The prices were high but we thoroughly enjoyed the visit.

• Visited August 2013

• Turkish first
Buenos Aires, Argentina
“Classy experience”
Reviewed August 16, 2013

This café is not very well located, although it si worth going, to experience the past grandeur of Budapest, the decor is baroque and fancy to look at. The service si good and the food although expensive si great.

• Visited August 2013
Sebastopol, California
“Beautiful restaurant. So-so food.”
Reviewed August 16, 2013

The bottle of white wine my friends ordered was delicious. They even had gluten-free diner rolls, albeit not very good ones. My very expensive glass of red wine was corked. My cold, cherry soup tasted like a weak smoothie. Our entrees were good. Not great, but very good. My salad was amazing. Like, truly incredible. So many kinds of different, flavorful greens. I was very impressed. However, nothing else was really that outstanding except for the ambiance and the bill.

• Visited July 2013
Melbourne, Australia
“Glamarous”
Reviewed August 15, 2013 via mobile

The cafe was certainly the most beautiful with amazing decor and breathtaking frescoes on the ceiling. Food wise it was good too, not great but still delicious.

Melbourne, Australia
“Service is hit and miss”
Reviewed August 14, 2013

To have what is arguably the most beautiful surrounds and hit and miss service is such a shame! I dropped in for a couple of cocktails to savor the environment. Really enjoyed it. Service was attentive without being obtrusive. But I did observe other tables showing frustration.

• Visited July 2013