“Don't eat here”

Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: District V / Inner City
Reviewed January 20, 2012

We walked in and we're greeted by plugged in heater blasting out air and the smell of old lady perfume, not nice old lady perfume at that.there was no music and there was an elderly man behind the counter and an elderly lady In jeans a d an old tshirt the menus had pictures beside the food and prawn crackers were an option as a starter rather then on the table before your meal. The door in The toilet wouldn't close and I had to manoeuvre myself whilst trying not to give the other3 people in the place a peep show. I ordered something and the lady told me I should get something else instead? Not sure why I agreed to it but I thought it might be nice. There was no kitchen and food seemed to arrive from a lift shaft. We ordered spicy seafood soup to start which was really plentiful and wasn't bad taste wise. The owners also got some and slurrpped this behind the. Counter. This was a bit odd considering it was only us
Left I the restaurant. We asked if there was music and told they couldn't afford the licence for it. Main course was pad Thai it wasn't nice and I barely touched it,the lady sat and stared at me the whole time I was eating which was very uncomfortable. My husband had spicy beef which was not nice he would normally not be fussy but he couldn't eat it and felt very I'll after it. It was expensive and we tipped just to avoid the onfrontation the other people encountered before us. I wondered why every evening it was empty and now I know. It's a shame as there is a huge hotel beside it sndits ideally located, it has great potential but is just wrong I every way

7  Thank whiskey7
There are newer reviews for Sala Thai Rim Naam

Reviewed October 30, 2011

There was an old man and a young girl as the staff. The girl must have been inside a restaurant for the first time in her life. We were the only guests there,the food was boiled in a microwawe owen,tasted awful,and was really expencive,but we did not want to complain because our only tought was to get out of there as soon as possible.

6  Thank Seneca12
Reviewed October 15, 2010

My wife and I are Australian, and had many a gastronomic holiday to Thailand. We found the food at Sala Thai Rim Naan very good. We had the spring rolls for appetizer, the green curry, pad thai, and spicy chicken with basil. Whilst not the very best Thai food we have had, it was very authentic and delicious.

The service was excellent. The only puzzling thing was why a restuarant like this, in such a prominent location had so few diners on a Friday night.

Reviewed July 30, 2010

I have been to this restaurant a coupe of times. The food can be lovely (don't go for starts as I am sure they are cooked in a microwave) and I tend to stick with the green curry. You'll also not be given enough rice and will need to order more.

The restaurant used to be great, but in recent years has clearly not had the investment needed to maintain standards given it's position. Heavily tinted windows, a neon open sign and plastic plants represent the decor.

But, if you want a good green curry this is the place to go!

Reviewed July 19, 2010

* Location is great, its just next to Marriott hotel and situated near the river.
* Atmoshpere of the restaurant is ok and airconditioned by tiny machine.
* Food was just horrible, ordered fried rice with chicken and literally it was just plain rice that was fried in wok and few plain chicken pieces.
* Lastly the size of the dish.... lets just say having a big mac would be more filling.

3  Thank cloud11