“Seek and you shall find quality dining in Budapest”

Fausto’s Ristorante
Ranked #51 of 3,278 Restaurants in Budapest
Cuisines: Hungarian, Italian, Fusion
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: District VII / Jewish Quarter
Reviewed October 11, 2013

When in Budapest make sure you include this restaurant on your must do list. We spent several evenings trying to find good Hungarian fare restaurant but were disappointed with what we found and these were ranked between 1 and 10 on trip advisor. We eventually conceded and headed for this fine dining experience in the heart of Budapest opposite the main Synagogue. We ate in the Osteria which is part of the main restaurant but a little less formal. The ambience, service, food and wine were all excellent - what more can I say!. The portions are not large but we prefer quality and taste to quantity every time. Ok the bill is on the high side but not by western European standards, its true what they say - you get what you pay for. This was our one really enjoyable dining experience in Budapest and I would recommend this place without hesitation. Seek and you shall find.

There are newer reviews for Fausto’s Ristorante

Reviewed October 10, 2013

Excellent food and service, a bit on the pricy side but it is not your average overpriced fancy restaurant with average quality food - it is genuinely fantastic food and wines in an elegant setting. Many seafood options, but I personally loved the soup and the pasta filled with goose liver in a creamy sauce. Portions are not huge but way bigger than in top-class restaurants. Pleasant atmosphere and lovely waiters.

Reviewed September 25, 2013

Elegant setting, great staff...and a really good place for people watching (some of the best looking / most fashionable people I have seen in Budapest). But unfortunately the food was just not my taste...the flavors were way too strong! I ordered the special pasta of the day (something that resembles a fettuccini), the dish materialized with fettuccini covered in some sort of brown sauce...and it really didn't work well for me. However, my scallop appetizer did turn out ok, so not sure if the pasta was just a one time problem...

Reviewed September 20, 2013

After experiencing disappointing meals at two restaurants highly rated on tripadvisor I was worried that our last night in Budapest would be memorable for all the wrong reasons- I needn't have worried!
Fausto's is actually two restaurants - an Osteria and a connected but separate fine dining establishment. We went to the Osteria - in itself not cheap (about £40 per head including wine for 3 courses) and it was superb.
At last we found a restaurant in Budapest more concerned with quality than quantity - and what quality! I had a half portion of ravioli to start (I should have had a whole portion since portion sizes were very much 'nouvelle cuisine') which was terrific - my wife and friends had the chicken and pear salad - also excellent. For the main course two of us had the lamb cutlets - really beautifully presented - again not a large portion but the quality shone through. My wife had the sea bass in a Mediterranean sauce - she was in heaven! The puddings we shared were also divine. The best restaurant we tried in Budapest by a country mile. Go there!

Reviewed September 14, 2013

Service impeccable but not intrusive, environment elegant --modern with comfortable chairs; table placement perfect for space-- good acoustics-- thoughtfully placed lighting... wise use of space and color throughout--many shades of warm and inclusive. Food presentation poetic -- but without the extra "overdone" plate feeling ( i.e. don't need parsley braided to highlight the meal). Many creative blends of surprise spices, utilizing fennel, ginger, mango and more -- but subtle!!! My carnivore husband of 35 years and myself ( plant-based vegetarian) were only disappointed that this was our last night in Budapest and we could not work our way through more selections on the menu. We will return to Budapest for this restaurant. We had not read a review -- were walking back from the Great Synagogue in Budapest -- and reading menus-- Fausto's was astounding --- Asked for dinner reservations and were told that the entire restaurant was booked for an event this evening... BUT if we wanted to come back before event they would be happy to serve us dinner from either ( or both) of their menu's. We did. NOTE TO TRAVELERS: There is a restaurant with a similar name so when we returned the taxi driver delivered us miles away. Ask to go to the Great Synagogue ( largest in Europe) which everyone knows-- can always draw a Star of David if you get stuck -- Fausto's is about ten meters on the opposite side of the street.
NOTE To Fausto's: Your patrons , now forlorn, living in other continents would purchase a cookbook -- or even purchase a recipe on line... Congratulations to all of the staff at Fausto's!!! -- only a true team of people who care about each other and work together could make food this wonderful!!!!! Dishwashers to Chef's all of you with gratitude --- Naya Arbiter and Rod Mullen
Arizona, USA