“Returning to Budapest if just for another meal at Fausto's”

Fausto’s Ristorante
Ranked #56 of 3,299 Restaurants in Budapest
Cuisines: Hungarian, Italian, Fusion
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: District VII / Jewish Quarter
Reviewed September 14, 2013

Service impeccable but not intrusive, environment elegant --modern with comfortable chairs; table placement perfect for space-- good acoustics-- thoughtfully placed lighting... wise use of space and color throughout--many shades of warm and inclusive. Food presentation poetic -- but without the extra "overdone" plate feeling ( i.e. don't need parsley braided to highlight the meal). Many creative blends of surprise spices, utilizing fennel, ginger, mango and more -- but subtle!!! My carnivore husband of 35 years and myself ( plant-based vegetarian) were only disappointed that this was our last night in Budapest and we could not work our way through more selections on the menu. We will return to Budapest for this restaurant. We had not read a review -- were walking back from the Great Synagogue in Budapest -- and reading menus-- Fausto's was astounding --- Asked for dinner reservations and were told that the entire restaurant was booked for an event this evening... BUT if we wanted to come back before event they would be happy to serve us dinner from either ( or both) of their menu's. We did. NOTE TO TRAVELERS: There is a restaurant with a similar name so when we returned the taxi driver delivered us miles away. Ask to go to the Great Synagogue ( largest in Europe) which everyone knows-- can always draw a Star of David if you get stuck -- Fausto's is about ten meters on the opposite side of the street.
NOTE To Fausto's: Your patrons , now forlorn, living in other continents would purchase a cookbook -- or even purchase a recipe on line... Congratulations to all of the staff at Fausto's!!! -- only a true team of people who care about each other and work together could make food this wonderful!!!!! Dishwashers to Chef's all of you with gratitude --- Naya Arbiter and Rod Mullen
Arizona, USA

1  Thank nayaarbiter A

Reviewed September 8, 2013

Without reservation I walked in at Fausto's and was glad they had a table for me. But I fear that it will not be long before Fausto's is packed every night. Just two weeks after the (re)opening of the new concept I have experienced how Fausto pampers its guests. At the entrance at right is the formal, fine dining area of ​​the restaurant and left the less formal part. I chose that night for the formal part and enjoyed probably the best dinner ever. Best in terms of food, service, ambience and stylish, sleek interior (modern, trendy). Fausto's team works like a well oiled machine, nowhere a hitch. At Fausto no appetizer, all the attention goes to the courses. Successively I had duck liver slices, ravioli with duck liver and then deer slices. The accompanying Pinot Grigio was excellent and at my main course I was advised a delicious red wine. It had been not just the high quality of the food, it is the quality of the whole concept which made ​​it to one of the best meals I ever had. At Fausto's SERVICE is indeed spelled with capital letters. Many thanks to Fausto's team and success with the new concept.

Reviewed September 7, 2013

I was lucky enough to be taken for a Business Dinner to Fausto's whilst in Budapest. The Restaurant is beautifully presented and the staff were very hospitable. We chose to go with a selection from the menu recommended by the head waiter and luckily with in our group we also had a Wine Expert, so we had a great variety of excellent wine. The food was absolutely out of this world, the selection was all Seafood based including Scallops, Sea Bass and Turbot. It was a pleasurable and relaxing end to a very busy day! Ensure you visit Fausto's whilst in Budapest.

Reviewed August 17, 2013

Having eaten at the old Fausto's I was quite excited to see what Fausto DiVora has envisioned for his new location and concept eatery.

Let me just say he has hit a Homerun or for my European friends GOAAAAAAALL!

From the moment you walk into the Fausto's side of the eatery you are immediately drawn to the luxuriously simple yet elegant and tastefully decorated ambience that lies before you. A bright and airy room with wonderful and comfortable furnishing from which to enjoy your meal in essence they have seemed to have achieved the almost perfect balance between luxury and local charm.

My most recent trip to Budapest took myself and my two oldest daughters to several great restaurants and we were lucky enough to save Fausto's for the final evening before heading back home. It was no surprise to find the chef at his very best, even though it was the opening week of his new location with a packed house full of anticipatory diners on a saturday night.

As my starter I enjoyed the scallops with marinated rhubarb and Jerusalem artichoke, an incredible combination of flavors mixing the clean saltiness of the scallops with the tanginess of the rhubarb and earthy flavors of the ever so fresh artichoke.

For my pasta selection I enjoyed the Ravioli filled with goose liver and truffle sauce. Amazing fresh and cooked to a perfect al dente the goose liver filling with a smooth and subtle consistency made every bite a delight with the truffle sauce only adding to its already unique mellow richness.

For my main I opted to go with the venison served with an accompaniment of sweet potato and chanterelle mushrooms. This being the only part of the meal that was not I feel a true Italian inspired dish but more drawing on the Hungarian roots of the establishment but extremely well done and presented. I cannot express the perfect way it was cooked as to not be overdone.

Dessert was truly magnificent a passionfruit soufflé with stewed peaches and fennel. What an elaborate and evocative combination of flavor sensations not only in its initial palate impact, but in the finishing moments on the tongue.

All in all a great success not many establishments are able to transition into a new location creating a new forward vision and still maintain extraordinary levels of service and cuisine.

Fausto's does just that by creating innovative dishes that are underpinned with fresh ingredients and a chef with an adventurous and passionate approach to food. A modern interpretation on Italian cooking, but one that still maintains its focus on the core flavors of the ingredients. The cooking here simply aims to display and focus on these flavors rather than distract the diner with culinary magic tricks.

Additionally the wine list and availability is on par with all other aspects of the restaurant Top notch!

If you are in Budapest I cannot highly recommend this place enough ..... I tip my hat to you Fausto .... Bravissimo !

10  Thank SEBESZ
Reviewed August 12, 2013 via mobile

From beginning to end, everything was impeccable. Wine was perfectly paired. Not to be missed. Service attentive and incredible.