“Business Dinner in a great Restaurant!”

Fausto’s Ristorante
Ranked #96 of 3,372 Restaurants in Budapest
Cuisines: Hungarian, Italian, Fusion
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: District VII / Jewish Quarter
Reviewed September 7, 2013

I was lucky enough to be taken for a Business Dinner to Fausto's whilst in Budapest. The Restaurant is beautifully presented and the staff were very hospitable. We chose to go with a selection from the menu recommended by the head waiter and luckily with in our group we also had a Wine Expert, so we had a great variety of excellent wine. The food was absolutely out of this world, the selection was all Seafood based including Scallops, Sea Bass and Turbot. It was a pleasurable and relaxing end to a very busy day! Ensure you visit Fausto's whilst in Budapest.

Reviewed August 17, 2013

Having eaten at the old Fausto's I was quite excited to see what Fausto DiVora has envisioned for his new location and concept eatery.

Let me just say he has hit a Homerun or for my European friends GOAAAAAAALL!

From the moment you walk into the Fausto's side of the eatery you are immediately drawn to the luxuriously simple yet elegant and tastefully decorated ambience that lies before you. A bright and airy room with wonderful and comfortable furnishing from which to enjoy your meal in essence they have seemed to have achieved the almost perfect balance between luxury and local charm.

My most recent trip to Budapest took myself and my two oldest daughters to several great restaurants and we were lucky enough to save Fausto's for the final evening before heading back home. It was no surprise to find the chef at his very best, even though it was the opening week of his new location with a packed house full of anticipatory diners on a saturday night.

As my starter I enjoyed the scallops with marinated rhubarb and Jerusalem artichoke, an incredible combination of flavors mixing the clean saltiness of the scallops with the tanginess of the rhubarb and earthy flavors of the ever so fresh artichoke.

For my pasta selection I enjoyed the Ravioli filled with goose liver and truffle sauce. Amazing fresh and cooked to a perfect al dente the goose liver filling with a smooth and subtle consistency made every bite a delight with the truffle sauce only adding to its already unique mellow richness.

For my main I opted to go with the venison served with an accompaniment of sweet potato and chanterelle mushrooms. This being the only part of the meal that was not I feel a true Italian inspired dish but more drawing on the Hungarian roots of the establishment but extremely well done and presented. I cannot express the perfect way it was cooked as to not be overdone.

Dessert was truly magnificent a passionfruit soufflé with stewed peaches and fennel. What an elaborate and evocative combination of flavor sensations not only in its initial palate impact, but in the finishing moments on the tongue.

All in all a great success not many establishments are able to transition into a new location creating a new forward vision and still maintain extraordinary levels of service and cuisine.

Fausto's does just that by creating innovative dishes that are underpinned with fresh ingredients and a chef with an adventurous and passionate approach to food. A modern interpretation on Italian cooking, but one that still maintains its focus on the core flavors of the ingredients. The cooking here simply aims to display and focus on these flavors rather than distract the diner with culinary magic tricks.

Additionally the wine list and availability is on par with all other aspects of the restaurant Top notch!

If you are in Budapest I cannot highly recommend this place enough ..... I tip my hat to you Fausto .... Bravissimo !

10  Thank SEBESZ
Reviewed August 12, 2013 via mobile

From beginning to end, everything was impeccable. Wine was perfectly paired. Not to be missed. Service attentive and incredible.

Reviewed August 1, 2013

The TripAdvisor reviewers got this one spot on. We were looking for an upscale restaurant in the area of our hotel and Fausto's received some nice reviews. It was outstanding. The food was upscale italian, the service was a good as any restaurant I've ever dined. To top it off, the kitchen made customized my dessert because what I wanted wasn't exactly on the menu. Finally, the price was very reasonable, especially for the upscale environment and outstanding meal.

Reviewed July 23, 2013

Simply a great restaurant, from the hosts to the atmosphere to the food and drinks.
Excellent Italian place with real quality for money. A must-go for everyone!