“Best Italian in the City - Budapest's Next Michelin Star” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Fausto's Ristorante and Osteria

Fausto's Ristorante and Osteria
Dohany utca 3-5, Budapest 1072, Hungary (Formerly Fausto_s Ristorante and Osteria) (District VII / Jewish Quarter)
30 5891813
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #62 of 2,467 Restaurants in Budapest
Cuisines: Italian, European, International, Fusion, Hungarian
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Free Wifi, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: District VII / Jewish Quarter
Chicago, Illinois
“Best Italian in the City - Budapest's Next Michelin Star”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013

Quite simply put the best Italian eatery in the city far and away.

Very rarely do you come across a restaurant that lacks for nothing . Service, ambiance, quality of food, décor Fausto's has it all.

Dined with my wife and two other couples and to make my point moreover when was the last time you put 6 people in a room and they all agreed on something. Well we did and that is that Fausto's is in a league of its own when it comes to eateries in Budapest.

As my starter I enjoyed the King prawn tempura with horseradish in a spicy orange sauce a combination of flavors that were made for each other. My wife had the Sea bass carpaccio with black cuttlefish and Jerusalem artichoke sauce she could not stop mentioning the light airy freshness of it.

For my pasta selection I enjoyed the ravioli filled with duck liver in pumpkin and sage sauce I cannot mention enough the difference one finds when the pasta is freshly made. My better half enjoyed the black ravioli filled with salmon and beetroot which she found delicious even though she was slightly aloof to its color scheme.

For my main I opted to go with the deer loin and white polenta the polenta was done to an absolutely creamy perfection my wife enjoyed the Sea bass fillet with cabbage and ginger again she mentioned the freshness of the fish and the perfect way it was cooked as to not be overdone.

Dessert was truly magnificent with myself having the Pumpkin and ricotta cake with red wine flavored blueberry ice cream. My goodness what thought must have gone into dreaming that combination of flavors up. My wife had the chestnut Mille-feuille with forest fruit ice cream something she has never had before but am sure will seek out again although I highly doubt it will be to the caliber here.

Additionally the wine list and availability is on par with all other aspects of the restaurant Top notch!

If you are in Budapest I cannot highly recommend this place enough yes it is on the higher end scale for the city but worth every penny (or should I say Forint)

I tip my hat to you Fausto .... Bravo! We will be back for sure

• Visited January 2013
3 Thank SEBESZ

Balatonfüred, Veszprem, Hungary
“Fish soup”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

The best mediterranian fish soup, house-made pasta and one of the most friendly and professional service in Hungary.

Visited January 2013
London, United Kingdom
“old favorite”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

i have eaten here over many years and the food is always great the ambience is also great, the food is very good and the restaurant is good value service very good and a good wine list, i will always eat there when in Budapest.

• Visited December 2012
Debrecen, Hungary
“Perfection in food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2012

I'd set Fausto in the best 3 restaurants in Budapest! The 2 others have reached the Michelin star. I think the next one should be Fausto.
All my respect for the Boss and the Chef. They are perfect in hospitality and perfect in gastronomy.

• Visited December 2012
London, United Kingdom
“The best restaurant in Budapest”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

Have eaten there at least 20 times. High end Italian Hungarian. Exudes class. Excellent for romantic meetings, family occasions or business dinners. On a discrete side street, so some miss it. It is the best restaurant, way better than ANY of the Michelin star restaurants like Onyx or the pretentious Costes. It is such a well kept secret that not only do you need to make a reservation early but also do not muddle with their filial restaurant Osteria as many concierges will muddle it for you.

Visited September 2012