“A fair mexican restaurant”

Mezcal Mexican Restaurant
Ranked #2,437 of 3,160 Restaurants in Budapest
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Budapest, Hungary
“A fair mexican restaurant”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

Very friendly and good service. The place is fair enough for a mexican restaurant. It has a bit cheap looking comparing to the prices. The food was ok but nothing outstanding. The chimichanga was way to oily.

• Visited January 2013

• Finnish first
  • Hungarian first
London
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Good to average”
Reviewed December 29, 2012

We tried to go to Chilie Mexican restaurant but they were not serving food until the new year. So we went to Mezcal, we were unsure what to expect after reading other reviews.
The service was good our meals came out quickly, we had corn chips and salsa for an entrée there were so many chips very good portion. Then we had a chicken quesadilla and chicken burrito, the tortilla wraps were a bit chewy but overall tasty meals.

• Visited December 2012
Hungary, EUROPE
“not impressed”
Reviewed December 27, 2012

booked a table on my birthday with my wife, thanks god they had an 50% promotion on food otherwise I would have been completely disappointed paying the full fare. by entering the place we were greeted with a somewhat strange "heyya!" by the young waiter and got seated pretty quick... the place itself looks pretty nice so it is a pity the kitchen drags it all down. they did not have horchata what I wanted so I ordered some mango soda... the two soups we ordered were OK, nothing special but OK. But the main courses we ordered were both a flop : chicken quesadilla and beef fajitas. The tortillas were hard and came to pieces easily. The quesadilla was not tasty and had lacked some veggies + cheese... They served the beef fajitas with only ONE tortilla and everything but the beef tasted bad. The service was kind of languid, perhaps a bad day for our waiter... Overall I would never come back to Mezcal, the food was really not up to standards. For the best mexican food I will still head to Iguana, Mezcal is a no go for me...

• Visited December 2012
Budapest, Budapest, Hungary
“It was really bad”
Reviewed November 19, 2012

We went here on a monday, and the restaurant looked very nice. Very friendly waiter. First we got a hungarian menu instead of a mexican menu. We shared a nachos plate with different dips. Guacemole was probably not fresh and one of the salsas was already gone bad (tingling on the tongue). The nachos were rock hard and had no flavour. We ordered two burritos, one chicken and one minced meat, these were not of a good standard and did not contain everything that was promised on the menu. I ordered the quesadilla with chicken and this was very poor. No veggies or anything just a wheat tortilla with cheese and a few pieces of chicken topped with another tortilla. Two dollops of cream and guacemole and one slice of tomato.I asked for some hot sauce because the dish did not have any flavour and they charged me for that. Waiter asked if everything was ok and I told him my complaints and he did not do anything with it. We left no tip. I would not recommend this restaurant and I would never go here again.

• Visited November 2012
“Vegetarian ”
Reviewed November 18, 2012 via mobile

Microwaved nachos that were soggy without the guacamole as described on the menu. The chicken salad, although generous on chicken was lacking substance. Service was good as were the burritos.