“My all time favourite restaurant!”

Kashmir Indian Restaurant
Ranked #1,924 of 3,301 Restaurants in Budapest
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: District V / Inner City
Reviewed July 11, 2013

When we have guests from the United States,we always take them to this restaurant.I think it says a lot about this place!
The owner is extra-super-friendly,kind and helpful.The staff is also very kind.
The place is very intimate,love the style.
The food is GREAT!Delicious,great variety both for meat lovers and vegetarians(and when I asked for something that wasn't in the menu,they made it for me without any questions..),big portions.I think the price is average,not expensive,and it is definitely worth while!
What else to say?Go and check,anything you'll try will be perfect!
I definitely recommend it!

Reviewed June 24, 2013

I had a guest over from the States and I wanted to take him someplace special. So we had dinner in this restaurant. My wife and I really love this place, we go there whenever we eat out. We also know the owner and think he is a great person. The person who my guest was that evening is a sought-after educator and speaker, so he literally travels around the globe several times each year. As we were sitting there at the end of the dinner, enjoying the last flavours of the fabulous dessert, my guest stated that this had been the best Indian meal he had ever had during his travels.

Reviewed May 22, 2013

The owner is very friendly though, but average food and expensive and added on things I did not order to increase the price. Lunch cost me about $45 usd after all the add ons.

Reviewed May 7, 2013

The guy there is actually originary from Kashmir and was very friendly and helpful. The side dishes are a little overpriced, but the quality is very good.
I can strongly recommend the Gulab Jamun which is really, really good (more or less the same as the original one in India).

Reviewed April 30, 2013

We passed this restaurant and since we love Indian food and the prices seemed ok, we decided to try Kashmir.
Service was lovely, charming, and the setting is peaceful.
The menu offered a lot of possibilities so we had Chicken madras and Vegetable Biryani. Naan, and rice are sidedishes and overpriced. I asked for a ginger lemonade, and this was nice but I didn't taste ginger...
The food came and appeared to be a small portion. The taste was lovely and thankfully I had the naan which filled me up. But I could have eaten a double portion.
So we ordered a dessert: walnut cake for my friend and an Irish coffee for me.
The walnot cake was in fact a small brownie covered with some chopped walnuts, and my Irish coffee contained more milk than coffee. I guess the lady didn't really know how to prepare one. Anyway, it's not Indian so I don't really blame her, but then they shouldn't have it on the menu.