Open today: 12:00 AM - 11:59 PM
Review Highlights
Totally Fun, Must-Do!

I am very new to photography and have a camera that has way more features than I am... read more

Reviewed March 18, 2020
Emily M
Personalised, insightful and great photography companion

If you are looking for some of the best night (long exposure) compositions of beauitful Budapest... read more

Reviewed February 18, 2020
fishytraveller
Melbourne, Australia

All reviews night photography food tour camera settings great shots professional photographer blue hour photo spots photography skills local photographer long exposure amazing photos great photographer shutter speed highly recommend his tour scenic spots photo shoot beautiful budapest
Selected filters
Reviewed July 9, 2018

We booked both the food tour and the night photography tour with Miklos. The food tour was with both my wife and my 80 year old Mother and Miklos was so accommodating especially since my mother walks a bit slower. The food was amazing and we thoroughly enjoyed all the different stops especially dessert. After the food tour was over, we dropped off Mom back at our AirB&B and my wife and I headed out with Miklos on the Night Photo Tour. Having someone to take me to all the best photo locations was everything I was hoping for and the knowledge and guidance that Miklos provides is invaluable, even for a professional photographer like myself.

Miklos went above and beyond during both of our tours and it was an absolute pleasure meeting him and spending our time learning about Budapest. Thank You!

Date of experience: June 2018
Reviewed July 8, 2018

Miklos was a great teacher -- patient, easy-going and really knowledgable. I am amazed at how well my pictures turned out -- it took my photography skills to a new level. Worth every penny. I did the food tour as well -- fun and delicious!

1  Thank E1175CKbeckyk
Reviewed July 5, 2018

Mikos kindly agreed to meet near our accommodation as my wife and two children wanted to tag along for the photo tour. After introductions and preliminaries we caught a bus to the castle. It was still very busy there and quite bright but Mikos showed me several good vantage points where I got good ‘Golden Hour’ shots. He was knowledgeable of Hungarian history so along with photographic advice he explained the historical significance of what I was photographing, which to me is important. When we finished at the castle he organised taxis to take us to the citadel high above the city. There were many others there too taking photographs but again Mikos knew the best vantage points. It was getting quite dark at this point so we set up my camera on his very neat carbon fibre tripod and I got several nice shots of the bridges, river and castle. Mikos was very knowledgeable, both on photography and on the more obscure menu settings on my Canon EOS7DII. I had not used Liveview much previously so he showed me how to use it to get the very sharp night shots. As Liveview is hard on batteries he had even brought a spare Canon battery for me in case I needed it! We walked further up to the Liberty monument, which is truly spectacular and a great photo op. It was dark as we descended from the citadel to several more excellent vantage points that I would never have found on my own. We then caught a tram back to the castle for some night shots of the Szechenyi Chain Bridge, Parliament and other city views.
At the end of the tour we descended at the funicular. We chatted for a while and he offered to email me his Lightroom course on processing night photos, which he did along with a group photo of the five of us. He also emailed a list great photo locations and, even better, a list of good places to eat when out photographing them! Eventually, as the kids were tired, we called it a night and went our separate ways.
I learned a lot about night photography on this course and got to vantage points that I would never have found without Mikos. I now have a nice collection of sharp, well exposed and composed Budapest night photos. Although it was a photography tour I really appreciated the way he went out of his way to ensure that my children were not bored. I had a great night in very good company and my wife and children really enjoyed the tour too. I strongly recommend Mikos and Hungary Photo Tours.

1  Thank Restaurant_Regular80
Reviewed July 5, 2018

I'm not going to write anything about the photography part as a lot of the reviews already complemented on that, and my attached photos show it all. However, I want to mention the great pastries that he brings on the tour! So if you are booking this tour, ask him to bring you those snail pasties that he bakes!

Date of experience: June 2018
Reviewed July 3, 2018 via mobile

Miklos was an amazing guide and Photo tutor. We visited the key sights and Miklós showed me all of the great angles and helped me get the most amazing shots.

I’ve been shooting for many years and am a semi-pro. Miklós really knows his night photography.

I highly recommend this tour for everyone.

1  Thank Shalom J