“High point of our Budapest visit”

Photo Tours in Hungary by Miklos Mayer
Ranked #4 of 113 Food & Drink in Budapest
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Personal photography tours in Budapest organised by a local landscape photographer. I guide you to great photo spots at the best time. And I show you how to set your camera properly to achieve professional results. The tours usually start around sunset, so we can get to the spots by the time "Blue Hour" begins. Then we continue taking pictures at night using a tripod. Don't worry if you don't have one, you can use mine :)
Reviewed May 15, 2017

Three days in Budapest: what to see, what to do? I left the hours of daylight to my wife, but thought, "Let me treat myself to a guided photo tour..." I don't shoot of lot of cityscapes or buildings, and certainly not at night (I live in South Africa and my main subjects are birds and larger fauna) so let me see what I can learn.

Miklos delivered big time - he knows his city and his subject, and even though he's a Canon shooter, he was more than able to offer me advice on settings for my Fujis.

But what made this tour special was that a) he offered a local Food Tour first and b) he allowed my wife to come along for the photography tour - at no extra charge. He was solicitous at all times, making her feel extremely comfortable, answering all her questions - a perfect host. Even if you are the 'passenger', non-paying, you'll get a very different view of Budapest from the 'ordinary' daytime tours.

I also learnt a great deal about early evening and night photography, for which, Miklos, many thanks.

Date of experience: May 2017
"shutter speed"
"experience level"
"nighttime tour"

Reviewed May 1, 2017

I booked the night tour with Miklos. This was an amazing tour. Miklos was very friendly, approachable, informative, and a great guide. He showed me all the best spots to get good views and composition in Budapest. Photography is my hobby and I am not new to it but Miklos showed me a few tips that I used for the rest of my trip and will for the rest of my life because it absolutely changed the way I photograph and how sharp my pictures come out. My pictures looked amazing because of what I learned from Miklos. I can not recommend this tour enough, please If you do one tour in Budapest take this one!

Reviewed April 28, 2017

We are so pleased that we started our visit to Budapest with a photography tour with Miklos, it was a real highlight of our time here. Aside from the great photography tips, he taught us a lot about Budapest's culture and history and gave us some extremely helpful tips on the best places to eat which we took full advantage of. Recommend for anyone interested in going home with some amazing images of this beautiful city :)

Thank you Miklos!!

Tara and Marliese

Reviewed April 23, 2017 via mobile

At the end of our Danube river cruise from Prague (embarked in Passau) to Budapest, I arranged a private tour photo tour with Milos.

A picture is worth a thousand words so I've included some of the shots I took during the tour.

Miklos knows where the good vantage points are in the city and we got the fast. There was quite a bit of walking and we took a couple of taxi rides because my feet were tired from all the walking tours between Prague and Budapest ! (Averaging 18,000 steps a day according to the iPhone Health app).

I have a bit of basic photography knowledge and Miklos provided a good blend of technical as well as compositional advice while taking into consideration of my personal taste.

I have had photo tours in other cities and I would say that this is the best one.