“wonderful food, lack of ambience”
Review of Rivalda Cafe & Restaurant - CLOSED

Rivalda Cafe & Restaurant
Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Neighborhood: District I / Buda
Reviewed August 20, 2013

having eaten here twice before, I felt compelled to return to Rivalda
Tables were in courtyard on this occasion as very warm weather .It was quiet for a Saturday night- only four tables occupied at 8pm
Food was wonderful- couldn't fault, and the only comment would be the over serious waiter who served us- a smile is always welcomed, or even a ' how are you this evening?'
Otherwise , Rivalda is a gem situated beside the Castle District, well worth the walk or the 10 euro fare from Pest

There are newer reviews for Rivalda Cafe & Restaurant

Reviewed July 22, 2013

This is a great place for lunch or dinner in the Castle district. When we ate there the place was almost empty, I am not sure why since the food and atmosphere are really great. I had wild mushroom soup that was to die for and wonderful fresh salad that tasted like summer. My husband had duck and he loved it so much that he went to Rivalda after I've already left Budapest and ordered it again. Make sure you get a glass to Tokaji wine, it's wonderful!

1  Thank TheOHtraveler
Reviewed July 20, 2013

For stumbling upon this little gem last evening while wandering around Castle Hill. I was nearly empty as we sat in the courtyard for dinner. We both enjoyed different and quite delicious salads. For entrees, I had a perch dish over tagliatelle and the hubster had a trio of meats, each with their own sauces. He enjoyed every bite, as did I. Our waiter was attentive and very, very nice. I would definitely recommend this restaurant. It was surprisingly good considering its placement right in the middle of the most touristy part of Budapest.

Reviewed July 1, 2013

Really disappointed in this restaurant. It is beautifully decorated but really is boring. We had two vegetarians in our group and they had very little choice of food. I'm not sure the waiter understood the word vegetarian!

George G, Owner at Rivalda Cafe & Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded July 7, 2013

Dear Gabby51, Thank you for your revue, but I cannot agree with you. In our restaurant we are serving international, Hungarian and vegetarian foods. We have salads, cream soup and main courses for the vegetarian guest. Look our menu: http://www.rivalda.net/budapest-menu/menu.html The “vegetarian” word is international, in Hungary we are using the same word, the waiters understand if you choose vegetarian food. I suggest, before you booking, check the menu on the restaurant website. (12 ladies can be boring  ?) Best regards

Reviewed May 22, 2013

This restaurant had been recommended to us so we decided to try it. I was worried as very few tables were occupied and the server seemed a bit gruff. When I ordered dinner I told our server I wanted something very authentic Hungarian and he was delighted with my choice. Our evening went well from then on. The food was spectacular and the waiter was delightful. We enjoyed it so much we went back a couple of nights later. The lamb, the duck, the veal were equally delicious.