“Thoroughly enjoyable dinner”

Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Terézváros
Reviewed January 11, 2013

We've always heard great things about Krizia so thought we'd try it for ourselves - we were not disappointed. As regulars to Budapest, we enjoy eating out.

It does have a menu which caters for high-end dining and would not suit most traveller's who travel on a budget. However, if you fancy a treat, go for it. The service was friendly, warm & efficient.

We decided to take them up on their weekday offer of a 3 course meal for HUF3000 which was great value for money. It was also accompanied by a complimentary scrumptious amuse-bouch! The food we had was good.

The intimacy of the restaurant makes for a cosy candle-lit dinner perfect for couples too.

Would we go back? Unlikely. But that's only because we felt like a treat in a different part of the city to where we usually eat out.

2  Thank Scuesa

Reviewed January 6, 2013

Beef Carpaccio: Thick, tasteless and sliced from a rectangular block of meat.
Osso Bucco: The worst I've ever had. Tough, grisly and swimming in an excess of watery polenta.
I was prepared to write this off as poor menu choices by myself.
I asked for the bill and waited.
Then In asked the owner/maitre D' for the bill who promised it in a few moments.
Five minutes later I approached the till and a bill materialised.
When I complained about the time the bill had taken I was rudely informed "This is a restaurant, not McDonalds"
Sad.

2  Thank potblak
Reviewed January 4, 2013 via mobile

A small cozy Italian restaurant, not at all expensive with main courses ranging from 2000-3000 huf. Highly recommended!

2  Thank Berrutti
Reviewed November 16, 2012

Pros: an amazing ham starter and a very good goat cheese salad. Atmosphere is OK minus the music (see below)

Cons: hugely overpriced wine, the only Prosecco goes for 30 Euros a bottle!!!!??; two disappointing pasta dishes (e.g. a pumpkin tortelloni that was almost as sweet as a dessert and as dry as Sahara desert), and some TERRIBLE cheap '80-90s Italian easy-listening music that makes the dining experience unbearable past a point (at least was not very loud). Service was not bad but was that kind of forced posh politeness/formality (that many people enjoy) but with no personal touch.
105 Euros for 3 people (1 starter, 1 salad, 2 pasta dishes, 2 bottles of Prosecco, 2 bottles of sparkling water)

I would not go again.

joszi, Proprietario at Ristorante Krizia, responded to this reviewResponded November 22, 2012

dear Sir/Madam,

I really dont understunt your disappoint,about price...you get pricelist...so you can choice and know before wath and how spend for!!SECON AND IMPORTANT THING 7000 FORINT ARE NOT 30 EURO!!!!!BUT 25 EURO!!!!wich is the standard pricew for this kind of prosecco in evreywhere!!
Tortelli Mantovana is a really deliciuos dish and sweet....because good pumpkin is very sweet..if you know and like that!!!about music whath ca I say...Italian restaurante we have only the best of 60-80 year's best pieces!!!sorry for that!!!

Graziano

Reviewed November 11, 2012

The three of us had a most satisfying dinner here last week. I did not feel hungry so I just ordered a primo, pappardelle with clams and mushrooms. The sause was exquisite, unforgettable. Service was forthcoming but never obtrusive, I liked it.

1  Thank Wessely A