“Great atmosphere and food”
Review of Spinoza Cafe

Spinoza Cafe
Ranked #181 of 3,237 Restaurants in Budapest
Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: District VII / Jewish Quarter
england
“Great atmosphere and food”
Reviewed November 8, 2012

Music every night with very good reasonably priced Hungarian food. Friendly attentive waiters, good place to go to.

• Visited November 2012

• Turkish first
Buenos Aires, Argentina
“The right place to be”
Reviewed November 4, 2012

A really nice restaurant with a great ambience, the waiter was quite friendly and the food was really tasty as well! Had a gulyás soup as a first small dish - if you don't know what I'm talking about then please trust me and, order this!
I think on weekends there is a guy playing the piano.
Perfect to go with friends, couple, alone!
Dob utca 15 - Right in the middle of the ghetto.

• Visited February 2012
milano
“piacevolissimo”
Reviewed November 2, 2012

We have just arrived from Budapest and in Spinoza we had our last meal. Spinoza is a jewish restaurant (in the jewish area, close to Kiraly Utca - considered the Budapest Soho), where they also have night live music and entertainment.
At lunch ther is not music but the loveliness of waiters and the goodness of wine and food.
We had 2 main course with meat, beans, potatos and (ahahahah) two bottles of Hungarian Chardonnay (hungarian wines have been a beautiful sourprise!). We spent € 52. The right price for the right menu.

• Visited October 2012
1 Thank isabella66Milano
Turnhout, Belgium
“Good restaurant!”
Reviewed October 13, 2012

We went here multiple times during our citytrip. And everytime, the service, the food and the atmosphere was excellent. It wasn't cheap compared to other Hungarian restaurant but to Belgium standards, it was still cheap!

• Visited October 2012
Canada
“If it wasn't for the music....”
Reviewed October 8, 2012 via mobile

....they would have received an even lower rating.

Last night, I went to Chess and spent the same amount of money and had a far superior meal. I actually walked past Chess to get to Spinoza which was my first mistake of the evening.

Starting with the positives, the live piano music created a nice atmosphere. The spicy hummus and beef was a good appetizer.

The negatives were many. I already mentioned the price which did not provide good value. My wife had chicken on a bed of mixed greens (also known as iceberg lettuce). The chicken was over cooked and had no flavor. I had the house specialty, Solet F. Libamelle (7 tiny slices of meat, a boiled egg and massive bowl of beans). No flavor but silly price. This was my least favorite meal in Budapest. If this was the House Specialty, I sure wouldn't want to try their other dishes. Oh, and their service was curt and disinterested in providing adequate service.

I went her because this was ranked 40th on Trip Advisors. I guess they changed the cook or I simply went on the wrong day. Go up the street and have dinner at Chess.