“Time and patience is all you need”
Review of Fatal Etterem

Fatal Etterem
Ranked #463 of 3,121 Restaurants in Budapest
Cuisines: European, Eastern European, Central European, Hungarian
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: District V / Inner City
Qiryat-Yam, Israel
“Time and patience is all you need”
Reviewed December 3, 2012

You have to wait to get a table, standing in this cellar restaurant, and waiting is always a long time. After that you wait for a waiter to place your order, and then of course, you wait for your food to be prepared.
As a prize, you get great food! Enormous amounts, the Wiener Schnitzel my husband ordered, could not fit on the plate it was so big. My pig's knuckle was also extra large, but also extra tender, and well seasoned.
There was so much left on the plates, they offered to pack it for us to take back to the hotel, so we had it for supper.
The prices matched the sizes of the portions.

Visited November 2012

• Polish first
  • Turkish first
“Pig portion!”
Reviewed November 30, 2012 via mobile

Actually we wanted to go to another restaurant,but on the way we stopped because of the decoration outside. Also it was interesting to go inside(underground).
I ordered beef steak with mash rooms on the top. The taste was ok,but it was too much!!! It had a rice & potatoes by side.
My husband ordered pig leg... It was really like a pig food! A lot! and pasta was a huge portion. I think if people likes huge portion is good restaurant,but if not, I would prefer to go another restaurant. We couldn't eat dessert because of too full! But we enjoyed to drink parinka(^O^)/

Salford, England, United Kingdom
“food ok but very poor service”
Reviewed November 13, 2012

We passed this restaurant and it looked really good, great menu, and pics of food were great.

Went down, ordered food, I tried to order a beef goulash, but they didn't have any....strange that they don't have any of the main Hungarian dish available, but I had chicken goulash instead, which was exactly the same as the chicken paprika that I had the day before...

my husband ordered a steak, and after the waiter left the table he realised he hadn't been asked how he wanted it cooked, he went after the waiter to ask for it well done and the waiter said its to late, its gone so we had no idea how it would be cooked. thankfully it was cooked through when it came.

The food was ok, not the best we had but not the worst. Our main complaint was that we asked for our bill just before 9pm, asked 3 different people for it and it eventually came at about 9.30, then I put my credit card down to pay, only to be told they only accept cash, luckily we had enough on us to cover it but we couldn't believe that a restaurant of that size and price would not accept cards. We gave them the cash and then sat around waiting for our change, we ended up having to ask for our change.

If you do go, ask for your bill when you get your main course!!!

• Visited November 2012
Belgrade, Serbia
“Hedonistic dinner”
Reviewed November 10, 2012

Forget about cholesterol and dive into imaginatively served meal. Pork leg was simply mouth-watering experience. Be ready to book the table well in advance, do everything necessary but don't miss it!

Visited November 2012
Brussels, Belgium
“Huge portions of plain food”
Reviewed November 9, 2012

We arrived in Budapest on a friday evening and were looking for a restaurant that was still open close to our hotel. So we ended up in 'Fatal'. The restaurant is in the basement, was very crowdy and had a typical 'bohemian' atmosphere. The waiters also looked pretty 'bohemian' and were a bit rude. While waiting we say a lot of really huge dishes passing by. So I suppose you best come here if you could eat a horse. When my dish came (duck leg with cabbage-pasta?) it looked smaller then some other dishes, but still very big (half a duck with lots of pasta). It wasn't terrible but nothing refined or memorable. This is clearly a tourist trap, we didn't notice any 'locals' here (except for the waiters)

• Visited November 2012