“Stay away!”

Fatal Etterem
Ranked #463 of 3,121 Restaurants in Budapest
Cuisines: European, Eastern European, Central European, Hungarian
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: District V / Inner City
Buenos Aires, Argentina
“Stay away!”
Reviewed October 24, 2012

This was an awful choice: the food was quite bad, prices high and service extremely bad. The waiter whas very rude, and did not allow us to share the different plates. My chicken dish was not well cooked and our waiter was not available, so I went to look for him. I was taken aback at the kitchen's condition: it was worse than a pigsty! The manager was so agressive when I requested that they re-cook my dish that I feared for my safety. Even though I didn't touch the food they charged my dish. For your health and phisical safety, avoid this tourist trap.

• Visited October 2012

• Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Swansea, United Kingdom
“Massive servings of very tasty food”
Reviewed October 22, 2012

This is one of the busiest restaurants on Vaci Utca and with good reason. The food is extremely tasty, including many Hungarian dishes served in very large portions. You will do very well to finish any dish on the menu, but dont let this put you off! There was live music most nights and a great atmosphere. The only real downside was the service, acceptable rather than great, although there were very few restaurants in Budapest that were better. I guess the Hungarians have a little to learn in customer service. VIsited twice on a 5 day visit to Budapest we like it so much.

Visited September 2012
Barnsley, United Kingdom
“Don't Bother”
Reviewed October 19, 2012

This is your stereotypical tourist trap; low quality food, inflated prices and pushy waiters. It was the most expensive restaurant we ate at in Budapest and was the worst by a country mile. Fatal seems to lure clients in with their huge dishes, which admittedly they are, but if your choosing quantity, you at least need a bit of quality! My advice would be to save your money and eat somewhere decent, preferably not on Vaci Utca!

1 Thank JoeRipp
Athens, Greece
“Dinner”
Reviewed October 19, 2012

We had our first dinner in Budapest there.
Very big portions. But nothing else nothing special and not cheap-prices like in Greece not lower...!!!

Visited October 2012
“Big dish”
Reviewed October 11, 2012

We got to Fatal restaurant after getting few good reviews and we didn't disapointed. The dishes were very big. the service was friendly and quick.
They recomended on Chicken plater for two (only 5900 huf).
That dish was huge. it wasn't for two it was for four people. a mountain of food including half a chicken 6 schnitzels a lot of chips, rice and cabbage with mushrooms and vegies.
Every couple that orderd that dish couldn't finish it and everyone were starring at them to see thier reaction to that huge meal.

Visited September 2012