“excellent”

Good for: Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: District VII / Jewish Quarter
Reviewed January 3, 2014

professional staff, excellent meals with fresh look to hungarian cuisine. always busy, so mind booking in advance.

2  Thank Aldas B
Write a ReviewReviews (1,595)

Reviewed January 3, 2014

I think the main point of my review is already in the title. I ordered one of the place's speciality: Ökörpofa which I guess would translate to english as Ox Cheek. A knuckle size portion was cooked in a stew like manner and was served looking like a steak. It was incredibly tasty but the best aspect of the meal was the tendersness. As said before it was something I have never experienced so far.
My companion consumed something with duck, which was also nice, but I have eaten better duck. We both went crazy for the "mangalica zsír" that we had as appetizer.

The staff was extra polite and professional. The one thing I missed was a hostess at the door.

The design of the place is hard to describe because they didn't really focused on that aspect. The interior was new and in good shape but it didn't give any flavour to the restaurant. It is not a big problem just strange comparing to the other bistros. Especially that the restaurant is literally in the Corinthia Grand Hotel.

I encourage everyone to book a table, becuase it is a really popular place and there are like 10 tables so it's kind of small too.

About the prices: majority of the dishes are below 4000 forints. There are ones above it of course but in average I think around 4000 HUFs you can have one of the best hungrian meals of your life.

2  Thank AdamAntal
Reviewed January 2, 2014 via mobile

Awesome!! What a great place. The menu is superb. Some Hungarian classics and also a delightful tapas-small plates section. We chose from this and loved it!! Foie gras sushi was the highlight and the whole experience was 5 star right down the the well recommended tokaji to accompany the cheese. We bough more to take away from the delightful little shop they have. Anyone in Budapest who wants good food at good prices should visit.

1  Thank ReggieBearo
Reviewed December 28, 2013

A pleasant and relaxed place with positively surprising dishes and an excellent wine list, all hungarian. For wine and dine lovers looking for bib gourmet places this is a must. Service was good and helpful. It is definitely a place to return to.

Reviewed December 17, 2013 via mobile

We tried once and they were full so we tried again and stopped in for lunch. Be prepared for nose to tail menu choices! The potato soup was light and tasty. Followed by chicken and rabbit. Many options mostly hungarian. Well informed waiters who went out of their way to help!