“Excellent, esp for mangalica fans” 4 of 5 bubbles

Dio Etterem
Ranked #1,723 of 3,044 Restaurants in Budapest
Cuisines: European, Central European, Hungarian, Fusion
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: District V / Inner City
NYC
“Excellent, esp for mangalica fans”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 30, 2012

An excellent restaurant with top service, serving up amazing Hungarian nouveau cuisine. Excellent wine list, certainly the best place to eat on Sas utca!

Visited September 2012
1 Thank Mel H

London, United Kingdom
“nice food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 26, 2012

I went to Dio after reading reviews on TripAdvisor. We went there during peak hours and the place was almost empty. That felt a bit weird. Service was very good. They had TV on which surprised me and distracted me from conversation, food and experience... I am not sure what was the point since all 4 tables didn't care about it. I asked the waiter to switch it off (I know, I know...) and he did. Nice music, good food. I had a steak with a lovely mushroom sauce. Decoration on the plate made from a pinkish sauce was completely dry which I found a bit stupid. My mate had a huge plate of something made out of pork. Tasted great but there was a bit too much on a plate. As a treat from the Chef we were given a duck parfait which tasted ok but was a bit too fatty for my taste. For dessert I asked for apple sorbet ONLY even though you don't have that option in menu. It was ok. Frozen apple mousse. Could taste the ice. Interiors are looking great. Worth visitng. Apparently it belongs to a very rich film producer who owns a LOT of the places around Budapest therefore it isn't highly popular with the locals. It is Hungarian fusion and restaurant is made to be posh.

• Visited November 2012
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
“Foie gras ravioli - A MUST!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 7, 2012 via mobile

I prefer small, quality meals. The portions were perfect for our party of two. They served pate with warm bread which was surprisingly good. We shared an appetizer - foie gras ravioli- it was delicious. We had the duck confit and baby chicken. The duck confit was spectacular - it was served with this streudel roll that complimented the duck really well. From what I understand the spring chicken was too hard to eat- my mom had to work for her meal. :) we had a bottle of cheap local wine which was one of my favorites of the entire vacation. It was a great experience. We had the place practically to ourselves. The staff was very friendly and prompt. The meal was one of the more expensive of our two week trip, but it was very memorable.

New York
“Slightly Nice Food, Slightly Small Portions, Slightly Overpriced”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2012

We found the food here to be decent but in no way memorable. Salt-cured salmon trout (2490 forints), an appetizer, was blandly satisfying. The pig shank (3680 forints) was on the lean and dry side, reasonably flavorful. It was small for a pig shank but an adequate size for a meal. I admire a robust and vigorous pig shank; this one was overly refined. Veal tenderloin (4690 forints) was good but decidedly a small portion. Wines were excellent. The apple and cranberry pancake (1490 forints) for dessert was good. Perhaps an "average" rating is not high enough to award Dio, but we felt that there was no passion for food here. It is the perfect place for a business dinner because the food is good but not noticeable enough to distract from the conversation.

• Visited October 2012
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank DancerGuy
Texas
“Good spot for a business dinner”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2012

Dinner with a supplier, large table. Good service, excelelnt wine list with good choice of very good Hungarian wines - try them, don't stick with what you know - and good advice from waiter. The menu had a choice between two set dinners but no problem to choose from both. The gulyasleves is well worth having as a soup/starter. The libamaj was also very good. Altogether a good find. Enjoy

• Visited October 2012