Tripadvisor

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Large groups, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: District V / Inner City
Description: Trattoria Toscana and it's adjacent L'enoteca Wine bar are beautifully located along the Danube river and offer you excellent, authentic Tuscan cuisine and top quality Italian and Hungarian wines. Our friendly, multi-lingual staff pay special attention to your needs and enjoy helping to create a pleasurable dining experience for you. Buon Apetito!
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I visited your restaurant today with my Partner, We had looked up lots of Italian Restaurants and decided your restaurant menu was exactly what we were looking for as we can be picky when it comes towards eating. We were sat at a table and without even being given a Drink Menu we were asked what we would like to drink. My Partner asked for a Minute to look at Wines and the Waiter then sighed then rolled his Eyes and went to retrieve a Wine Menu. Immediately we felt uncomfortable, he brought us the bottle we ordered and I cannot fault the wine as it was lovely. When it came to ordering food his poor attitude showed again. I ordered the T-bone steak and when I asked what accompanies it he was so rude. I asked if I could just get French Fries to which he replied "Oh so you would like McDonald's is it?" with a sarcastic attitude. I feel uncomfortable eating in restaurants as I do tend to eat plain meals. But he made me feel like a Kid. After this he then came back and told me they didn't have the t-bone steak to make it worse. I ended up getting a Rib Eye instead which was mediocre at best, my partner had the Wild Boar which was also similar. We then ordered desserts which we were taking our time eating. When we put the cutlery down for a second the plates were taking away without being asked. I'm sorry but we spent good Money for a nice Meal compared to other much cheaper prices in the City, therefore you would expect much more. I normally do not post reviews, I use TripAdvisor as a guide plus I always keep an open mind to all places as you can see from my Profile, but this was an extremely bad experience.

Darren

Date of visit: January 2020
PM_QualityManagement, Vezető at Trattoria Toscana, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear Dazos91,

As for a start, we would like to thank you for sharing your opinion about Trattoria Toscana. On the other hand, please accept our sincerest apologies for the inconveniences you have encountered and we can assure you that this is not a typical example of our services, as our staff is professional and they pay a lot attention on our dear guests due to the fact that our aim is to provide the very best to them! We are going to investigate the situation. We appreciate your feedback, which contributes to the constant improvement of our services and it would an honour to have you as our guest again. We sent you a private message on Tripadvisor.

Trattoria Toscana Management

Write a reviewReviews (1,581)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

The food was great. We ordered the branzino baked in salt and grilled as well. They bring the fresh fish to he table before it is prepared.Both ways were excellent. The only problem we had was getting our waiter. He must have been on a smoke break (alot).

Dear 639ronaldh,

We would like to start with a big thank you for rating our Trattoria Toscana here, on TripAdvisor. It is amazing that we could meet your requirements. We are happy that you enjoyed your time here and thank you for highlighting our great food. It would definitely be a great pleasure to welcome you back to our restaurant in the near future, so we hope to hear from you soon.

Best regards,

Reviewed January 13, 2020 via mobile

As usual great atmosphere, amazing food, must try when visiting Budapest. Obligatory stop for me

Date of visit: December 2019
PM_QualityManagement, Vezető at Trattoria Toscana, responded to this reviewResponded January 15, 2020

Dear Darko G,

What a magnificent review you have written about our Trattoria Toscana, thank you so much! First of all, please allow us to extend our gratefulness to you for visiting us. Along with the staff, we make our outmost to make everyone feel welcome when they come to our restaurant, so we are beyond happy that you enjoyed the food and atmosphere. It would be our greatest pleasure if we could have the opportunity of meeting you again, we will always wait you with delicious Italian treats and friendly welcome.

Warm regards,

Reviewed January 11, 2020

Amazing restaurant with tasty food and with polite and professional service.
Loved this place. I would recommend it to anyone.

Date of visit: October 2019
PM_QualityManagement, Vezető at Trattoria Toscana, responded to this reviewResponded January 13, 2020

Dear Morningstar66,

It was so nice of you to take your valuable time to share your candid opinion about Trattoria Toscana. What could be even more promising for us than the fact that you recommend our place for those who are looking for a place with polite and professional service and tasty food. We genuinely wish that you enjoyed every minute of the time you spent with us, and we would be harmed to see you again in the future.

Reviewed January 9, 2020

We discovered this restaurant whilst our for a visit to the Great Market Hall, mane looked interesting so we decided to visit that evening. My pizza diavolo was excellent, my wife enjoyed her chicken and chicory dish and the Pinot Grigio was perfect. Great service and enjoyable food.

1  Thank Kevinc02
PM_QualityManagement, Vezető at Trattoria Toscana, responded to this reviewResponded January 12, 2020

Dear Kevinc02,

We would like to thank you for choosing to visit us. We would like to thank you for highlighting our helpful and professional staff, they deserve the recognition. Moreover, we are more than happy, that you liked our food. Thank you once again for your kind words, we sincerely hope that you will take your time and visit Trattoria Toscana in the future again; we will wait you with nice meals and warm welcome.