“Trattoria on Danuba”

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Large groups, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: District V / Inner City
Description: Trattoria Toscana and it's adjacent L'enoteca Wine bar are beautifully located along the Danube river and offer you excellent, authentic Tuscan cuisine and top quality Italian and Hungarian wines. Our friendly, multi-lingual staff pay special attention to your needs and enjoy helping to create a pleasurable dining experience for you. Buon Apetito!
Reviewed May 5, 2013

Just landed in Budapest, and next day me and my wife wher looking for a place to have lunch as wether was bad and we where on friday and after a long stroll. So we saw this italian spot! Originally wanted something local, hungarian cuisine as just got in this great city.
But inthe end we did not regret our choise as the food was great, the wine excelent - local red cabernet and tge carbonara spagheti for me and the ravioly with stuffed with goose liver for my wife where so goood!
In the end the bill came as a fair one and I can say today that is a great place and worth a visit even that is not traditional local cuisine! But si italian adapted to the local products and taste and Infound out that the chef and all his helpers are doing a good job ? Bravo
The local is cozy and plesant with a good playlist on background and not disturbing!
Can spent a good time and few hours to have with friends or business .

Reviewed May 4, 2013

Sadly I have to disagree with the majority of the reviews of this restaurant. After reading all the good reviews we desided to have a meal at the Trattoria Toscana, but were disapointed. Food ok, but nothing moore. Service absent. As if they didn't care. Had a starter and main with a bottle of wine. This was all we deserved aperantly as no one asked us if we fancied afters. Dont't recognise the food and service experienced in other reviews.

Reviewed May 1, 2013

Friendly waiters, great service, fresh and tasty Italian food. I would definitely recommend to try their tomato soup pappa pommodro. I hope I wrote the name correctly and the branzio. They have an excellent selection of Hungarian and Tuscan wines. Will return again when I am in Budapest.

Reviewed May 1, 2013

At first, we were suspecting that eating by the Danube would be pricey and touristic. Not at all! Toscana is this little Italian place full of atmosphere, good service and really tasty pasta. Good value for money.

Reviewed April 28, 2013

It was like gastronomic heaven! You just cannot miss to taste shrimp tartar! Great service, the chef went to make sure that everything was OK. I would definitely reccommend this restaurant!