“Do not use.”

Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: District V / Inner City
Reviewed November 2, 2012

Wi fi advertised but did not work.
Wine expensive and rubbish,service poor
Many better places to eat and drink at..

There are newer reviews for John Bull Sport Pub

Reviewed October 9, 2012

Perfect food and very hospitable , great staff . Nice mix off nationalities .Well priced . Next time we will be back !! , Greatings from Holland ...The Janga Boys

Reviewed September 30, 2012

My boyfriend and I did go to Budapest intent on drinking local beers and eating local food (which we did to an extent), but as a football enthusiast (obsessive), we of course had to keep up with sport from home. We stumbled on this pub on our first night and it was welcoming and warm given the bitter cold of January. The beer was cheap (not the best I've ever tasted, but there you go) and there was free wifi. I couldn't actually make it work, but other people seemed to be able to. I understand many people wouldn't want to go to an English pub on holiday, but it is always nice - I think - for a quick and easy drink occasionally while away.

1  Thank PPigeon
Reviewed September 3, 2012

The John Bull pub isn't about tourists. It's about Expats living in Budapest and managing to navigate root vegetables and limited menus who just want a bit of home. It's about entering and feeling the warmth of English being spoken and a good beer smell. It's about not ordering an overly sweet wine. I've been happy here and I've been broken hearted here, but none of that was about the food. It was about an atmosphere that made me feel safe and understood. Tourists, stay away if you want, there are other places. Go to Britain if you want a pub. Brits and Americans living abroad, flock to this place. It feels a little bit like home.

Reviewed August 10, 2012

That might sound like an odd comment for a pub review, but my friend and I are sitting here now and if the bartender squeezed out a mop into our beers I would double my tip!
Nice layout and oddly grumpy service.

Let's just say we paid too high a price for the free wifi

1  Thank TSawtell