“The place to go for steaklovers” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Pampas Steakhouse

Pampas Steakhouse
Ranked #87 of 3,044 Restaurants in Budapest
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Special occasions, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: District V / Inner City
Description: Want to know how Argentina tastes? We can spoil your taste buds by offering the finest quality cuts and wines which perfectly reflect this passionate country and its cuisine. The first Argentin Steakhouse in Hungary.
Debrecen, Hungary
“The place to go for steaklovers”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 25, 2014

A colleague of mine visited this steakhouse a couple of months ago and she recommended it to me. Since my steak experiences in Hungary are rather poor I was keen to check out this authentic looking Argentinian steakhouse.
Overall I must say I was not disappointed. I ordered an Angus steak (rare-medium) with steamed asparagus and the wine of the house (which is from the Gere Vinery, Villany region).
The steak was excellent, so was the sidedish and the wine.
The staff lived up to the expectations so that the service matched the quality of the food they served. They were curteous, knowledgeable but not intrusive.
Highly recommend.

Visited June 2014

• Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Hungarian first
  • Turkish first
“One of the best steaks ever!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 25, 2014

Excellent food and very good side orders too. Restaurant might get a bit too hot, but don't worry, make sure to sit in the round sofa area and then just turn the heating down yourself (no waiter needed!)

• Visited January 2014
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
“Good but missing some basics”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 21, 2014 via mobile

I come here on regular base ( every time one of my family members visit) and it always was excellent I never had any problems stated under here. went there today again with 3, reserved with 4 but my grand father became ill. Food was excellent but the wine I ordered (from a blackboard) was out of stock .. atleast remove it; it's a blackboard for a reason.
Also the chocolate soflee was not available again. Service and food were correct and perfect. I advice this restaurant if you are a big meat eater but you can also find some delicious fish dishes.

Bucharest, Romania
“Very good but...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 14, 2014

The quality of the meat was excellent. But for Budapest standard just to expensive. The rest is very good und they serve the best steaks in Budapest. If I would return? Perhaps, as long as the company is paying the bill.

• Visited October 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Rainer S
Lecco, Italy
“Too expensive for the Budapest standard (at least for me)”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 9, 2014

We have been in Budapest, me and 5 other friends in May. I had booked this site well before my stay in Budapest, just because all the other restaurants I had booked for the other days served a fantastic hungarian Goulash and I wanted to eat meat in a different way, for example in an Argentinian steak-house. We were 6 people and all we ordered meat (just the main dish), two of us ordered a glass of wine, three ordered beer and one just still water. We added two desserts and nothing else. This was the last night in Budapest and in the previous dinners we spent normally from 30.000 HUF to 35.000 HUF in 6 people eating in restaurants which are in the first places in Trip Advisor. Well, the final bill was 75.000 HUS, that means just the double of all the other restaurants we had been. The meat was good, but nothing stratosferic (one of my friends who is experienced with T-bone steaks was particularly unfortunate and got a steak with too much of fat and left the dish half finished). The location was rather dark, at least for my taste, and a little more light could have been well appreciated. I think that we paid too much for what we eated.

• Visited May 2014