“Good but missing some basics”
Review of Pampas Steakhouse

Pampas Steakhouse
Ranked #80 of 3,278 Restaurants in Budapest
Cuisines: Argentinean, Steakhouse
Good for: Large groups, Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: District V / Inner City
Description: Want to know how Argentina tastes? We can spoil your taste buds by offering the finest quality cuts and wines which perfectly reflect this passionate country and its cuisine. The first Argentin Steakhouse in Hungary.
Reviewed June 21, 2014 via mobile

I come here on regular base ( every time one of my family members visit) and it always was excellent I never had any problems stated under here. went there today again with 3, reserved with 4 but my grand father became ill. Food was excellent but the wine I ordered (from a blackboard) was out of stock .. atleast remove it; it's a blackboard for a reason.
Also the chocolate soflee was not available again. Service and food were correct and perfect. I advice this restaurant if you are a big meat eater but you can also find some delicious fish dishes.

There are newer reviews for Pampas Steakhouse

Reviewed June 14, 2014

The quality of the meat was excellent. But for Budapest standard just to expensive. The rest is very good und they serve the best steaks in Budapest. If I would return? Perhaps, as long as the company is paying the bill.

1  Thank Rainer S
Reviewed June 9, 2014

We have been in Budapest, me and 5 other friends in May. I had booked this site well before my stay in Budapest, just because all the other restaurants I had booked for the other days served a fantastic hungarian Goulash and I wanted to eat meat in a different way, for example in an Argentinian steak-house. We were 6 people and all we ordered meat (just the main dish), two of us ordered a glass of wine, three ordered beer and one just still water. We added two desserts and nothing else. This was the last night in Budapest and in the previous dinners we spent normally from 30.000 HUF to 35.000 HUF in 6 people eating in restaurants which are in the first places in Trip Advisor. Well, the final bill was 75.000 HUS, that means just the double of all the other restaurants we had been. The meat was good, but nothing stratosferic (one of my friends who is experienced with T-bone steaks was particularly unfortunate and got a steak with too much of fat and left the dish half finished). The location was rather dark, at least for my taste, and a little more light could have been well appreciated. I think that we paid too much for what we eated.

Reviewed May 28, 2014

The chef knows, how to do it!
The steak is, as you want it. I like it rare-medium, and they always serve it, as I wish. (I have never been disppointed.
The starters/soups are tasty and spicy, if you feel like to get a sence of the Latin Americas.
I always order the blackbean soup with chili, as I could not get bored with it, yet to try the others.
After the delicious (but probably heavy dinner), you can take a nice walk next to the Danube, and enjoy one of the greatest views of Budapest.
*Tip: if possible, get seated on the ground level, the environment is very romantic here with the red walls and stylish furniture. The basement is nice as well, but not so much romantic.

Reviewed May 27, 2014

The tenderlion was delicious and kind of melting in your mouth! Nice stab and good choice of side orders.