“top restaurant”

Cuisines: Argentinean, Steakhouse
Good for: Large groups, Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: District V / Inner City
Description: Want to know how Argentina tastes? We can spoil your taste buds by offering the finest quality cuts and wines which perfectly reflect this passionate country and its cuisine. The first Argentin Steakhouse in Hungary.
Kortessem, Belgium
“top restaurant”
Reviewed January 3, 2013

Great food, super service. if you like a good steak this is the place to be! Make sure to make a reservation and to eat the steak mix :)

Visited December 2012

• Turkish first
Toronto, Canada
“Best Meat!”
Reviewed January 1, 2013

Having been to Argentina several times I thought that visiting a "copycat" restaurant so far away could be disappointing. Boy, was I wrong, and now I wish I visited before!
First, this is no copycat, it is as real as it gets, with some Hungarian twists on the side dishes! If it were in Puerto Madero in Buenos Aires, it would not only fit right in, it would give Cabana Las Lilas a run for its money.
Second, they not only serve Argentinian Angus, but also Japanese Kobe and Hungarian beef. There is no Hereford, though. The wine list is reasonably ample with a good cross section of Malbecs and a handful of other wines. It was a minor disappointment that the vintage we picked from the menu was unavailable and the waiter - without saying a word - brought us a more recent bottle, which we declined. A few other listings were also unavailable in their printed vintage. It is time to produce a new wine list. In the end we accepted his recommended alternative and were happy about it (Alamos Malbec 2009).
Since I always wanted to try Kobe, but the price had held me back, I picked the Tenderloin Trio, which consisted of three 100g cuts, one each of Kobe, Hungarian and Angus beef. All three were wonderful, yet very different. It was a 50 Euro splurge, but worth every penny. I am a steak lover and have tried many recommended steak houses in Argentina, Brazil, US, Canada and Germany, but I cannot think of a place where I had better prepared meat.
On the side, I had corn on the cob and mixed green salad, while the rest of our table had the Hungarian influenced garlic sour cream filled baked potato topped with cheese and bacon bits with their rib steaks. One order of this "Pampas" potato actually brings you two large pieces, so you may consider sharing if you want to leave more room for the meat. The only item I missed from the menu was the watercress and tomato salad.
We'll be back!

• Visited November 2012
Lisbon, Portugal
“Very good restaurant”
Reviewed November 26, 2012

All argentinian meat was awesome and prices OK. One diner with wine was between 25 and 30 Euros. We arrived there with no reservation but they managed to give us a table for 7 persons. Recommended!

Visited November 2012
Vienna
“Marvellous Steak”
Reviewed November 17, 2012

Pampas was right around the corner from our hotel we stayed. Since I am a steak lover every time I went outside for a cigarette I walked by and watched how many people are inside having dinner. It looked packed or halfway packed every night, so we decided we'll try it on our last night in Budapest. By looking at the menu I thought these guys know what steaks are. The menu selection is similar to any North American steakhouses. Good choice of different cuts, portions, etc. I selected an Angus tenderloin 320g steak. It was really marvellous. Just the way I like it (medium). The servers were polite, and professional. It was a great 3-hour dinner. The price was okay about 25 euros for the tenderloin.

• Visited November 2012
Wallasey, United Kingdom
“pampas steakhouse”
Reviewed November 16, 2012

the food was excellent and the steaks were very good and all cooked perfectly. good range of starters and the price was very reasonable for top quality food. Just make sure you study the menu and dont order the £50 steaks in error. (our bill for two with wine and starters and veg etc was £60) and we could stay and chat - no rush to get us out,

Visited November 2012