“Rude, rude , rude !!!”

Cuisines: International
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: District I / Buda
Description: Pierrot is a refined yet comfortable and relaxed, friendly restaurant run by our several generation restaurateur family. We are located in a 13th century old bakery house and have been here for three decades. We are featured in the Michelin Red Guide since 2005 and have been awarded 2 hats by Gault Millau in 2011. Since Pierrot was founded in 1982 then as the first private café-restaurant in Budapest, many important people - actors, superstars, artists have visited Pierrot, among them the bands Depeche Mode and AC/DC, actors Marcello Mastroiani, Sir Roger Moore, Antonio Banderas, Jeremy Irons, Robert De Niro, Harrison Ford, Eva Mendez and Ryan Gosling. Pierrot has gone through several changes since 1982 but one thing has remained: In our family gastronomy is not merely a way of making a living but also a vocation in the best sense of the word. For decades we have regarded it our mission to make Hungarian cuisine and gastronomy shine in its old, pre-war glory again – you know, when Károly Gundel and Escoffier were still colleagues ...
Reviewed October 7, 2012

This is one to avoid . 2 couples on a saturady night in October - pretty busy restaurant . The food isn't bad , if a bit pretentious. I had a chicken pancake starter which was fairly bland & uninteresting . I had a pork main which was cold . Chocolate dessert was poor to say the least . Other dishes were average to good .
However , I was fairly horrified by the service . Never have i come across such a bad attitude from a waiter ( and I must point out that it was one particular waiter only , the rest were very nice ) but this one really made up for it - rude, insulting , off hand ....how he manages to hold down a job I don't understand , and we had the pleasur of paying euro 230 for this experience . You have been warned , avoid at all costs .

5  Thank CJC30

Reviewed October 5, 2012

Enjoyed a meal here for my birthday. We were seated in the garden outside which felt like a secret hideaway behind the high wall at the back. The food was very well presented although not overly sized portions, we felt well fed. Everything was very tasty and the service was excellent. I would recommend this restaurant for a romantic meal or special occasion.

Reviewed October 2, 2012

We shared an appetizer and had a fish main dish each. Everything was beautifully presented and delicious. Do be sure to make a reservation. We were the last to get in without one and you don't get a very desirable table if you don't have one.

Reviewed October 2, 2012

I was in 21 Hungarians and Pest-Buda before, so decided to check out the upper class brother.
And it was worth it.

Food was pretty fancy designed, and tasted so good. I recommend ox-tail, they do it in vacuum, so it is really soft and juicy.

Waiters are extremely helpful. I enjoyed dinner there.

One problem - live music. I hate live music in restaurants. If I want live music, damn me, restaurants would be the last place I go for it.

Reviewed October 1, 2012

Nice atmosphere, pleasant staff but fish is off the menu when ordered!! Pasta is the answer if you do not eat meat. Great wine (Hungarian of course) Deserts were excellent.