Book In Advance
Tours from Food Tour Budapest tend to sell out - travelers recommend booking in advance!

Ways to Experience Food Tour Budapest
from $95.10
from $78.90
from $52.20
More Info
All reviews hungarian food goulash cottage cheese memorable food cheese shop salami great introduction coffee house wonderful guide wonderful afternoon friendly guide great company great information small group highlight of our trip history lesson lots of history
Reviewed May 18, 2016

I was really excited when I found this food tour in Budapest. The tour did not disappoint and far exceeded mine and my husband's expectations. Our food guide (Nora) was very knowledgable about the history of Budapest gastronomy and introduced us to several of her local favorite cafes, restaurants, and sweet shops. We really enjoyed everything we ate and were definitely full by the end of the four hours. I recommend doing this tour on your first day in Budapest, as it's also a great way to get acclimated to the layout of the city and you can go back to your favorite places from the tour.

1  Thank Molly S
Reviewed May 18, 2016 via mobile

We have taken many tours on our holiday, and some have been excellent, but this was definitely our favourite. How wonderful to explore Budapest with someone so passionate about Hungarian gastronomy.

Nora has a wealth of knowledge, which she shares between stops at 7 cafes and restaurants around Budapest. Every course was thoroughly enjoyed, although we could not eat it all!

Highly recommended!

1  Thank Emily B
Reviewed May 16, 2016

4 hour tour of the quintessential food elements of Hungarian cuisine bvia little parlours, cafes, restaurants, coffee houses, markets. Lovely lady (Nora) who taught our small group of 4 people (ideal) the history of Budapest through what the Hungarians eat and drink. Sampling all of these delicacies was a real pleasure and I can't think of a better way of getting to know a city. High recommended

2  Thank efc1965
Reviewed April 27, 2016

Budapest is a fascinating city and Nora's food tour is a perfect accompaniment to learning a little of the culture and much about the food and drink of Hungary.

Our family of three adults enjoyed Nora's knowledge of her beautiful city and understanding of its' cuisine. We doubt we would have discovered all we did, had it not been for Nora's expertise. We recommend the tour most highly but be warned, you do consume a great deal of food! The hospitality and service we experienced was generous and thoughtful. Nora was an engaging companion.

A trip to Budapest surely should include this tour!

With much thanks to Nora.

Date of experience: April 2016
Review collected in partnership with this attraction
2  Thank ams885
hegedusnori, Tulajdonos at Food Tour Budapest, responded to this reviewResponded April 29, 2016

dear Alexia, thank you very much for coming on my tour. I am very happy to hear that you enjoyed the time and food together:) Hope you and your family will be back to Budapest soon!

Reviewed April 10, 2016 via mobile

We took the tour with Nora after a colleague recommended it. My wife and daughter and I had a great time. We had a chance to see some authentic eateries and enjoy some delicious meals and drinks. Nora is extremely knowledgable and we felt at home walking the city right away. Be prepared for a four to five hour your with lots of walking and stops too.

Date of experience: April 2016
hegedusnori, Tulajdonos at Food Tour Budapest, responded to this reviewResponded April 19, 2016

Thank you very much for joining my tour Chris! It was a pleasure to meet you, and glad you enjoyed the food! Hope you will be back to Budapest soon:)