“Great spot to explore”

easyHotel Budapest Oktogon
Ranked #137 of 334 Hotels in Budapest
Reviewed December 14, 2013

This hotel is a great base when I booked it I was unsure of exactly what I was in for when I arrive but was only for two nights so took my chances. Found the room clean and simple, very simple. We were not in the room much apart from when sleeping and having a shower so was great but if you intend on spending a little bit of time in the room I would recommend booking else where. Extremely close to train station do not catch a cab it is only a 5min walk if that call the hotel for directions if need it. I would stay again with no hesitation.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed November 3, 2013

Situated in the city center, this hotel is excellent to explore Budapest. Even if the service they provide with the very low rate is basic, the rooms are clean and they have everything you need as base to explore the city.
I stayed there or two weeks and enjoyed very much my stay there because, it was very affordable, I could take public transportation to work and to anywhere i wanted to go (Tram Lines 4 & 6) just 2 minutes from the hotel, nice cheap restaurants and patisseries very close and wide choice.
One thing I would like emphasize is the excellent support given by the hotel employees to is guests, they are always available to help you and to give very good and honest recommendations about any place in Budapest. I would like to give my thanks to all hotel personnel, specially to Edit Tangl, who helped me a lot during my stay there.
If you are a smoker like me bad luck, only allowed to smoke outside the hotel. But I survived.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed November 1, 2013

I'm not too sure why people are writing negative reviews of a hotel because you aren't allowed to smoke in it?! How about you stand up, walk outside and smoke there?

Anyway, for my review, a large party of us checked in for a visit. It was my friend's birthday and we decided on Budapest as it is a great city and also the Easy Hotel because for such a low price, it let you save your money and spend it on enjoying the city. The staff were lovely to us, we were a bit noisy sometimes and were regularly meeting in reception and they were always happy to recommend places, call us cabs and direct us, all whilst being super friendly.

Easy means Easy - no frills. However you have a bed, windows, a private bathroom and towels. If you want wifi/tv you can pay extra but with the location being so excellent, you can go to a cafe and get wifi there and in terms of TV, there really is no need when there's so much to do in Budapest. It's literally somewhere private to sleep, bathe and dress. If you want the ritz, pay more money!

The rooms are small and not cleaned during the trip, however as long as you don't make a mess yourself, I can't see an issue with it. The rooms and the site is secure, you can only get in to the hotel front door with your hotel key and there is a 24 hour reception.

The only one criticism I would have is the fact that because the place is a bit flat pack, you often get a faint smell of plastic/vinyl, though it's certainly not string enough that you constantly notice it.

I would really recommend this hotel, it knocked a massive cost off the trip and allowed us to spend money on activities and visits.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Travellingwellies
Reviewed October 23, 2013

Hotel location is great, close to a metro station and not far from major touristic areas in Pest. The bed was comfortable, the room was very quiet, but the bathroom is very small (it was difficult to take a shower). The price was OK, but it is only for the room: you pay extra for internet, TV, hairdryer, to store your luggage after check-out... I payed for 2h of internet but it was very slow and I just give up. The staff was not so friendly as people say here.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank CLGoulart
Reviewed October 23, 2013

Frankly...this should not be listed under hotels..coz its nothing like one. Its a HOSTEL, with strict guidelines(read no smoking!) and for every wrongdoing(read room cleaning/wi-fi etc) you will have to shell out extra....
All of the comfort that this hotel provides, being centrally located...is completely overshadowed by rude staff and extra-small rooms.
I would suggest you spend a little extra... and don't ruin your vacation:)

Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank tinabhardwaj
Reviewed October 7, 2013

This hotel was 2 minutes off Andrassy Ut, which is a fantastic avenue. it is close to the Metro, easy to get to. All the staff were very upbeat and friendly, helped us with all questions, really personable. We would stay here again for sure.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 7, 2013 via mobile

Good location, 10 min walk from center and one block from metro station. Great bed, really comfortable.
Do not expect more than a clean and small space to sleep and take a shower. If you do not need more than that, this is your hotel. Staff was helpful all the time.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple