“A very good choice”

Ranked #130 of 334 Hotels in Budapest
craiova,romania
“A very good choice”
Reviewed December 13, 2012

The room and the bathroom were small, but considering the low price I cannot complain about this. The bed was big and comfortable. The room was clean. There was enough of hot water and the heating worked quite well. The staff are friendly and helpful. 24 hour reception, we checked in very swift at 11 pm. The hotel was quiet and there wasn't any noise coming from outside, but our room looked to an inner court.
The location is great - right in the city center, close to most of the places of interest and with a subway station nearby.
A disadvantage is that there's nowhere to put your baggage in save for several hangers.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank mariotrana

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
  • Greek first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Serbian first
Reviewed December 2, 2012

The room was very small and the bathroom was microscopic and not very clean. Also, when we stayed there the air conditionned was broken so the temperature in the room was unbearable. I think you should pay more and go to another hotel.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Nottingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 28, 2012

We stayed here for 3 nights in November and it was a fantastic location. The room was basic as with all EasyHotels (Stayed in a few) and the room was actually quite big for their standards. The usual pod bathroom was fine. The only problem we had was that there was a drip from the ceiling onto the floor. The hotel is in a fantastiIc location, easy access to the whole city - we walked everywhere. The reception staff were really really helpful and a credit to the hotel. Budapest is a gorgeous city and would definitely recommend it to everyone to visit. The hotel was fantastic value for money, and I would visit again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 24, 2012

You get exactly what you pay for at this hotel. Of course the room is pretty small, but it is a good size for one or two people, just like it is written on the website.

Special thanks to the staff at the front desk with whom I had some really interesting chat. They were really helpfull and really nice. They also speak good english, which is nice when you arrive in Budapest!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
London, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 21, 2012

Me and my friend randomly planned to visit Budapest last weekend. the city was amazing! the hotel not as much. Although the staff was extremely nice.. they seem to be charging for everything EVEN holding your luggage, remote control for the tv, no wiffi not even in the communal areas- had to pay for it?? that was a bit much..and our room was a sauna at night! we switched the heating off twice but it kept switching itself back on.. i'd say spend 10 euros more and go to a better hotel! Also our bed sheets weren't very clean! the bathroom was super tiny. We didn't go for a luxury trip but this was a bit much considering what we paid for it..

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 8, 2012

Before my stay in this easy hotel, I had already tried two other easyhotels in different countries. I knew what to expect and I was not disappointed.
The location is ideal. It is very close to the train station so it's easy to get back and forth from the airport. It's also near a metro line and close to many great spots in Budapest. The hotel felt very safe and the frontdesk was extremely helpful. They helped me book tickets to the Opera.
The rooms were clean and spacious (much bigger than the one I had in London). However, the colour is still quite intense (everything is orange).
For the price we paid, I could not have asked for more.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank ariane_89
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 7, 2012

My brother and I stayed here back in July when we were visiting Hungary for a week. I always take easyJet, so I figured that easyHotel would be good choice, considering the location (Oktogon - it's right where you want to be when visiting Budapest) and price (it was very affordable...)

This place will charge you for everything. I mean, even the remote for the TV. For us it was not a problem because we were sightseeing, dining, shopping, etc. and not sitting in the room watching the television.

What I disliked; however, was the lack of places to put things. There was a little 'stump' about 7 inches by 7 inches - how am I meant to put anything on that? Additionally there was one, ONE, hanger in the room.. um.... and the bathroom? It was like a pod - it actually looked like a bathroom in an airplane (ha ha) - so small and tiny and again, no space to put any toiletry items you may have brought.

The thing that bothered me most (aside from all of the orange) was easyhotel.com written everywhere - really, everywhere. On every single door, on the mirror in the bathroom, on the headboard.. give me a break!

Still, it's in a great location, the staff were very, very friendly, the price is right and seriously - at the end of the day it doesn't matter if they charge you for a remote for the TV because you shouldn't be watching TV when you're traveling anyway. I recommend it, but not if you're going to Budapest to be romantic with your lover/spouse/significant other!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family