“The best service I have ever had in a restaurant. Gr8 food too”
Review of Comme Chez Soi

Comme Chez Soi
Ranked #4 of 3,204 Restaurants in Budapest
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Local cuisine, Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic
Neighborhood: District V / Inner City
Description: Comme Chez Soi is an Traditional Italian restaurant.Goose liver specialities.Serving Italian and Hungarian dishes following family's recipes.
London, United Kingdom
“The best service I have ever had in a restaurant. Gr8 food too”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

This restaurant was recommended by tripadvisor readers as a place to go for my husbands birthday and we were not disappointed. From the moment we walked in the door we were treated like royalty. We were given prosecco and antipasti to start. Then we had starters and a main of beef stew which just melted in the mouth. We were feeling pretty full by now as the portions are substantial when the lights went down and they brought my husband a Tiramisu with candle for his birthday, they then gave us the most wonderful lemon sorbet I have ever tasted, limoncello and chocolates. We were overwhelmed at the friendliness and efficiency of the staff.
Its the most lovely little restaurant too - not very big but just perfect.

• Visited January 2013

• Vietnamese first
Cheshire, U.K
“A must in Budapest”
Reviewed January 22, 2013

This (tiny) restaurant is fantastic for everything the customer wants: the welcome, atmosphere and, crucially, the food is ... magnificent. I agree with all other reviews: this restaurant ranks amongst the top experiences. Not for a grand location or "over the top" foodie-type menu but simply because it is clear Roberto and all at Comme Chez Soi care about what they do. A memorable meal, a memorable restaurant. Definitely a must on any trip to Budapest.

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank Sheena099
Budapest, Hungary
“Best Dinning Experience Ever”
Reviewed January 21, 2013

I lived in Budapest for a little over two years. During my time there, my wife and I dinned at Comme Chez Soi many times. This place is hands down the best dinning experience at any price that I have been a part of. Roberto is an amazingly gracious host, and the food is exquisit. He always brings out free drinks and desserts at every meal. One the best parts of the city is this very restaurant. I am not sure what is going on with Trip Advisor and taking them off of the #1 restaurant in Budapest, but they deserve it. We experienced many of the amazing restaurants in this city and I can guarantee you that Comme Chez Soi will be the first one we visit on our return. Roberto, thanks for all the amazing meals!

• Visited April 2012
1 Thank Matthew M
BRIGHTON
“This is a must”
Reviewed January 14, 2013 via mobile

Massive thanks to Roberto his wife, son and staff for a wonderful News year Eve. The food was outstanding and the atmosphere in this lovely little restaurant is wonderful. From the minute you step through the door they make you feel like part of thier family. Remember to book a table and just sit back and enjoy!

2 Thank GREYBEAR66
Dublin, Ireland
“Fabulous night/Fabulous people”
Reviewed January 8, 2013

We reserved a table at this restaurant after a fellow trip advisor recommended it to us for New Years Eve, and wouldn't I buy that guy a drink if I had the chance! - Super choice!
It is located just off the square (near Hotel Sofitel) so a quick walk from our hotel. We were a little early so were given the choice of tables, one near the door and another in a better area (few minutes wait)so we popped out for a drink and returned to our table after 10 minutes.
They were serving a set menu as it was New Years Eve so the fabulous food just kept on coming... and coming.... and coming! Course after course, it was an absolute banquet. We had fabulous prawns, tasty soup, giant squid, tender meat, and two desserts! Lots of wine and limoncello poured generously for us by Robert ( what a star!) Superb value for €50.00 pp.
A total of seven courses, I was practically rolled out of there at 2am!!
It is a wonderfully intimate, romantic, unassuming restaurant which I would definitely return to when visiting Budapest again. It made out New Years Eve trip very memorable. Thanks to all x

• Visited December 2012