“Love it :)”
other travelers have booked this property
Pinball view
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
Excellent
Pinball view
apartment full view
Mezzanine 2 double beds (hight 1.4m)
Bathroom including washer/dryer
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Any
Pelle A
“Love it :)”
Reviewed 3 weeks ago for a stay in April 2018

Very good location, close to the main train station! The apartment had everything, and was very, very clean!! Top notch!! Netflix/a working pinball machine!/dishwasher/etc etc... Love it!! :)

Jun 25, 2018
Dear Pelle, thanks for "loving" it! I'm happy to read that our cleaning crew did a good job appreciated by you, and that you considered your stay with us top notch, praising particularly free Netflix and the pinball machine. We have our pinball machines working fine about 90% of the time, but we can't guarantee these 40 years of age oldies will work at all times (maintenance is challenging). So I'm glad you enjoyed playing on the machine during your stay! Bjorn, owner & creator of happy home Budapest
julie b
“A real home from home with extras”
Reviewed 3 weeks ago for a stay in May 2018

I stayed in orange apartment. Can't understand any bad comments on happy homes stay as the owner gives so many extra touches it is truly amazing. I would definitely recommend this lovely holiday home. I loved the portable WiFi which ensured me to see everything in Budapest without getting lost. I am hopefully going back next year with my friends and will not bother looking for anywhere else to stay but here.

Your age range 50-64
Jun 25, 2018
Julie, your review is not just nice, it's actually really sweet! Thanks for letting others know how much you enjoyed your stay, and thank you for your compliments about our extra touches! It was a pleasure having you as a happy guest, and it will be a thrill to welcome you again when you'll be back in lovely Budapest! Bjorn, owner & creator of happy home Budapest.
Tony S
Minnetonka, Minnesota
“One of the Best Rentals!”
Reviewed 3 weeks ago for a stay in February 2018

This is for the Happy Home Diamond unit. No complaints at all! It is pretty much a small studio apartment with a common area, loft with a very low ceiling, full kitchen (minus oven), and bathroom (shower only). Our unit has a TV in it. WiFi is inclided and a mobile hotspot is provided for travelling outside the apartment. Providing a hotspot has to be one of the best ideas for a host! Fridge is stocked with free snacks and drinks. Pinball machine is included and fun to use along with some musical instraments to play. Location is close to a very busy road. Underground is a few blocks away (they check tickets frequently). Aldi and Spar are a few minutes walk for groceries. It is not the convenient place to stay for things around, but it makes you experience how it would be to live in Budapest. They are a big bus town, so if you can figure that out, you can get anywhere. Walls are kind of thin, you can here neighbors phones and footsteps when there is NO white noise to distract you. It doesn't ruin the stay and no noise after 10pm. The washer and dryer is actually a washer/dryer combo unit and you will have you will hang cothes to dry. It is not a private unit, it is shared with the other 2 units. It does the job. You could probably have 4 people stay here, I would only recommend to families if needed. I would highly recommend to couples only. It is truly a home away from home. I will definitely book with this company again, but maybe a different location within the company.

Jun 25, 2018
Thank you Tony for your particular review about the Diamond unit, one of the various units we offer happy home Budapest in various downtown locations. Thanks for highlighting and praising some of the fun and free extras that we provide, and for your practical hints and tips. I may add to your info that the subway key axis, just 3min walk from the apartment, also connects our guests to anywhere in town. You're right - some of our units can be found in the more busy parts of town, but all quiet and away from party noise. We have added soundproof material to all walls to guarantee a peaceful stay. I then also agree with your point on couples and small families with kids being our main customer segment - we love to make all those happy who come to visit! Thank you Tony for your precious feedback, and please come again someday! Bjorn, owner and creator of happy home Budapest
Agata K
“The Best place ever”
Reviewed 3 weeks ago for a stay in May 2018

Very nice, clean and friendly place, close to the most important places, great communication. My family was very satisfied, children said this was the best place we stayed in. Thanks for making our visit in Budapest unforgetable!

Jun 25, 2018
Thanks Agata, it is very kind of you to show your appreciation also here on tripadvisor, after you had already reviewed our property on your original booking platform after your stay in May this year. It was great to welcome you at the ORANGE unit of happy home Budapest, and it is a particular joy also for me and my team that your kids enjoyed the place and expressed their enthusiasm. Hope to welcome you again soon. Bjorn, owner and creator of happy home Budapest
andyhofer
Tamworth
“Ok for the price, Happy Home Blue”
Reviewed 3 weeks ago for a stay in June 2018

Spent three days in this quirky little apartment and overall the place is great for the price. Location is ok, but not fantastic, rooms are clean and intro to the apartment was great. My issue with the apartment are many. Don’t expect the pinball machine to be working, but if it is, great, but it wasn’t for us. Other issues we found were mysterious water under the toaster, not sure where it came from, ceilings in bedrooms lower than expected, doors to bedrooms coming off runners, lights switches needed some attention, boiler shut down once and needed restarting, aircon is noisy, nice to get complimentary bottle of wine, but corkscrew was broken, no privacy between rooms when it comes to sound, local tv not working.
Nice touches were a keyboard and guitar that both worked fine, clean rooms and Netflix included.
Probably would not stay there again.

Jun 24, 2018
Dear Andrew, your review is the most critical we have received here so far, so be assured it has my full attention. Reviews are the fuel that keeps me and my team improving our product everyday, and we do that by taking every valuable suggestion at heart. I am therefore glad to take into account some of your remarks, but I must also reject your criticism to a certain extent, reassuring our future guests, because many of the issues listed by you are either not traceable or lacking ground. Let's look at things in a fair way; first these valid points you brought up: 1) the pinball machine didn't work during your stay. That is very unfortunate indeed and I truly am sorry about that, but when such a 40 year aged "oldie" decides to be out of order, then repair and spare parts can be a real challenge. We do our best, and we're getting it fixed. 2) The corkscrew was broken indeed. Also very unfortunate, but hardly something one would blame us for, online, after staying. Why not rather inform us and give us a chance to replace it? This then also reflects a certain level of unfairness at your end: you did not contact us during your stay, you did not let us know about your concerns, at all. We would have loved to react, to help, and to verify things with you on spot: the mysterious water under the toaster - we couldn't find any issue there. Also, the TV is brand new and works perfectly, all local and international channels and free Netflix. I checked; maybe it was a simple matter on how to use the controls. As to the aircon, it works fine, but let us indeed re-adjust the ventilation for optimal sound. Your criticism about the bedroom ceiling and room privacy is something I can't endorse, because our open loft concept is well described both in text and pictures everywhere, as is reflected also in hundreds of happy reviews on various platforms. So, dear Andrew, I am sad, truly sad. Because as a tourism professional since 25 years I personally commit myself to guest satisfaction, and because our product is a happy one. Our goal sincerely is that of making every guest happy, and I'm sorry that we haven't been able to make you totally happy. I then also gladly read the series of good things you wrote about us above; suggesting to end these lines on a positive note. Rest assured, we will be inspired by your review to ensure, at 100%, that everything works perfect for many happy future guests to come. Be well and take care. Bjorn, owner & creator of happy home Budapest.
DalBelloV
Barcelona, Spain
“Great and affordable apartment!”
Reviewed May 7, 2018 for a stay in April 2018

We had a great stay at Happy Home Budapest and would stay here again no problem. The apartment was great and had everything you needed, even a pinball machine! :) The apartment is not huge but fine for the 3 of us, there was also a shared inner courtyard that would be nice to sit and relax in too.
Location was great for us and walking distance to many bars and restaurants. We sent them a message on arrival and someone was there to meet us on arrival and go over a few details and answer any questions we had.
There was a few free mini bar items which was a great touch and overall we were all just very happy with the stay!

May 8, 2018
Dear Daniel, thanks for calling your stay GREAT and for praising our fun apartments in so many ways. I'm happy to read that you enjoyed location and free extras - we do our best to provide a perfect stay for every guest. Lovely that you enjoyed the free minibar and gave us a nice rating. Hope to welcome you again sometime! Bjorn, owner & creator of happy home Budapest
Beckie M
Cambridge, United Kingdom
“A funky affordable place with all the extras needed, city centre”
Reviewed April 16, 2018 for a stay in April 2018

Close enough to walk to everywhere in the city, but still quiet at night time. Funky interior, my son loved the pinball machine. Nice little extras such as wine, snacks and toiletries. Staff helpful in booking taxis for us. Very clean, safe and affordable. Wifi worked well in the flat but the portable wifi machine did not work and didn't manage to get fixed while we were there. But there is wifi in most cafes. Enjoyed our stay thanks.

May 8, 2018
Hey Beckie, thanks for writing such nice things about us! It's fun to read that you liked the interior and our fun free extras. Also nice that you liked our support during your stay. About WiFi, indeed we're proud to offer high speed WiFi at the apartment. About the pocket WiFi device for the city - this cool extra allows our guest to be online anywhere and anytime. I'm sorry the device had a bug during your stay; of course we had this fixed meanwhile. Greetings from Budapest, hoping to welcome you again someday! Bjorn, owner & creator of happy home Budapest
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing