“The Best place ever”
other travelers have booked this property
Pinball view
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
Excellent
Pinball view
apartment full view
Mezzanine 2 double beds (hight 1.4m)
Bathroom including washer/dryer
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Any
Agata K
“The Best place ever”
Reviewed 3 weeks ago for a stay in May 2018

Very nice, clean and friendly place, close to the most important places, great communication. My family was very satisfied, children said this was the best place we stayed in. Thanks for making our visit in Budapest unforgetable!

Jun 25, 2018
Thanks Agata, it is very kind of you to show your appreciation also here on tripadvisor, after you had already reviewed our property on your original booking platform after your stay in May this year. It was great to welcome you at the ORANGE unit of happy home Budapest, and it is a particular joy also for me and my team that your kids enjoyed the place and expressed their enthusiasm. Hope to welcome you again soon. Bjorn, owner and creator of happy home Budapest
andyhofer
Tamworth
“Ok for the price, Happy Home Blue”
Reviewed 3 weeks ago for a stay in June 2018

Spent three days in this quirky little apartment and overall the place is great for the price. Location is ok, but not fantastic, rooms are clean and intro to the apartment was great. My issue with the apartment are many. Don’t expect the pinball machine to be working, but if it is, great, but it wasn’t for us. Other issues we found were mysterious water under the toaster, not sure where it came from, ceilings in bedrooms lower than expected, doors to bedrooms coming off runners, lights switches needed some attention, boiler shut down once and needed restarting, aircon is noisy, nice to get complimentary bottle of wine, but corkscrew was broken, no privacy between rooms when it comes to sound, local tv not working.
Nice touches were a keyboard and guitar that both worked fine, clean rooms and Netflix included.
Probably would not stay there again.

Jun 24, 2018
Dear Andrew, your review is the most critical we have received here so far, so be assured it has my full attention. Reviews are the fuel that keeps me and my team improving our product everyday, and we do that by taking every valuable suggestion at heart. I am therefore glad to take into account some of your remarks, but I must also reject your criticism to a certain extent, reassuring our future guests, because many of the issues listed by you are either not traceable or lacking ground. Let's look at things in a fair way; first these valid points you brought up: 1) the pinball machine didn't work during your stay. That is very unfortunate indeed and I truly am sorry about that, but when such a 40 year aged "oldie" decides to be out of order, then repair and spare parts can be a real challenge. We do our best, and we're getting it fixed. 2) The corkscrew was broken indeed. Also very unfortunate, but hardly something one would blame us for, online, after staying. Why not rather inform us and give us a chance to replace it? This then also reflects a certain level of unfairness at your end: you did not contact us during your stay, you did not let us know about your concerns, at all. We would have loved to react, to help, and to verify things with you on spot: the mysterious water under the toaster - we couldn't find any issue there. Also, the TV is brand new and works perfectly, all local and international channels and free Netflix. I checked; maybe it was a simple matter on how to use the controls. As to the aircon, it works fine, but let us indeed re-adjust the ventilation for optimal sound. Your criticism about the bedroom ceiling and room privacy is something I can't endorse, because our open loft concept is well described both in text and pictures everywhere, as is reflected also in hundreds of happy reviews on various platforms. So, dear Andrew, I am sad, truly sad. Because as a tourism professional since 25 years I personally commit myself to guest satisfaction, and because our product is a happy one. Our goal sincerely is that of making every guest happy, and I'm sorry that we haven't been able to make you totally happy. I then also gladly read the series of good things you wrote about us above; suggesting to end these lines on a positive note. Rest assured, we will be inspired by your review to ensure, at 100%, that everything works perfect for many happy future guests to come. Be well and take care. Bjorn, owner & creator of happy home Budapest.
DalBelloV
Barcelona, Spain
“Great and affordable apartment!”
Reviewed May 7, 2018 for a stay in April 2018

We had a great stay at Happy Home Budapest and would stay here again no problem. The apartment was great and had everything you needed, even a pinball machine! :) The apartment is not huge but fine for the 3 of us, there was also a shared inner courtyard that would be nice to sit and relax in too.
Location was great for us and walking distance to many bars and restaurants. We sent them a message on arrival and someone was there to meet us on arrival and go over a few details and answer any questions we had.
There was a few free mini bar items which was a great touch and overall we were all just very happy with the stay!

May 8, 2018
Dear Daniel, thanks for calling your stay GREAT and for praising our fun apartments in so many ways. I'm happy to read that you enjoyed location and free extras - we do our best to provide a perfect stay for every guest. Lovely that you enjoyed the free minibar and gave us a nice rating. Hope to welcome you again sometime! Bjorn, owner & creator of happy home Budapest
Beckie M
Cambridge, United Kingdom
“A funky affordable place with all the extras needed, city centre”
Reviewed April 16, 2018 for a stay in April 2018

Close enough to walk to everywhere in the city, but still quiet at night time. Funky interior, my son loved the pinball machine. Nice little extras such as wine, snacks and toiletries. Staff helpful in booking taxis for us. Very clean, safe and affordable. Wifi worked well in the flat but the portable wifi machine did not work and didn't manage to get fixed while we were there. But there is wifi in most cafes. Enjoyed our stay thanks.

May 8, 2018
Hey Beckie, thanks for writing such nice things about us! It's fun to read that you liked the interior and our fun free extras. Also nice that you liked our support during your stay. About WiFi, indeed we're proud to offer high speed WiFi at the apartment. About the pocket WiFi device for the city - this cool extra allows our guest to be online anywhere and anytime. I'm sorry the device had a bug during your stay; of course we had this fixed meanwhile. Greetings from Budapest, hoping to welcome you again someday! Bjorn, owner & creator of happy home Budapest
Christian...
“Beautiful apartment, great location - Highly recommended!”
Reviewed December 4, 2017 for a stay in November 2017

Our experience at happy home Budapest (DIAMOND) was amazing.

The apartment was quirky, modern and very clean. It had a fully fitted kitchen, communal washing machine, and a fridge filled with freebies! (including a bottle of rosé, a large can of beer, several cans of soft drink and snacks). There was also wifi and a free pocket wifi to take out with you if you don't have an inclusive data plan.

They even had an international plug in the sitting room so you didn't even need to use your own adapters.

Oh.. and not to forget the smart TV has NETFLIX!

We were met on location and given a quick tour of the facilities available by a very polite gentleman and really enjoyed our 4 day stay in this beautiful city.

+1 for the location in the up and coming 8th district of Budapest. Great local places very nearby like cafe csiga, BORS and more within walking distance.

Dec 16, 2017
Hey Christian, thanks so much for this marvelous appreciation of our product. The way you describe the apartment itself is just amazing, and I am very touched by how much our fun USP's helped making your stay even more fun!! Along with my team, we will keep up the funky spirit, aiming to make every guest happy, always trying to be more than just a place to stay :) Be well, and come visit us again someday! Bjorn, owner & creator of happy home Budapest
eviedanby
Swindon, United Kingdom
“Perfection”
Reviewed October 30, 2017 for a stay in October 2017

We have just returned from a 4 night stay at Happy Home Gold and I have nothing bad to say about our experience.
We booked taxi transfers to and from the airport through Happy Home and had no problems with them at all.
When we arrived at the unit we were greeted and shown to the unit we were an hour before check in time but it was ready for us. We were shown how to use everything and where everything was.
The smoke alarm was beeping when we arrived due to the battery running out but we informed the person who had greeted us and someone was round within half an hour to change it and we had no further problems with that.
The second night we were there we had no hot water so I rang the number that was left for us and spoke to someone very helpful (I can't remember her name) but she said she would see what she could do and got back to us quickly and came over within the hour to restart the boiler as there was an issue with it and the next morning we woke to an email from Bjorn the owner thanking us for bring it to their attention which was a lovely personal touch.
We were a short walk from the Metro station which was very easy to use and navigate.
They really have thought of everything you could need, washing machine, dishwasher, Netflix, mini bar and bottle of wine, WiFi and the mobile hotspot which really did come in handy and we were grateful for and they even had a UK adaptor which was really useful when you need to charge multiple devices.
I would highly recommend Happy home to anyone they are quick and responding to questions and queries and it felt like they really would do anything we required to make our stay more pleasant.
Thank you for being wonderful hosts, if we return to Budapest we will without a doubt be staying with you again.

Dec 16, 2017
"Perfection" - that's quite a strong title for a rewiew! Thank you very much for that :) While I am very pleased that you had such a fantastic time, I would also like to apologize for the brief issue we had with the bojler. That was quite unusual, and luckily we could indeed respond and fix that little bug right away. Thank you for listing so many positive things about happy home Budapest! You loved the location and the many free extras that we gladly provide to all our guests - aiming to make everyone who stays with us a happy tourist. Thanks for calling us wonderful hosts - likewise you've been wonderful guests!! All the best from Budapest. Bjorn, owner & creator of happy home Budapest
Steph M
“Lovely apartment”
Reviewed August 30, 2017 for a stay in August 2017

We have just finished our 3 night stay in the gold room. The apartment is stunning. They have thought of everything from a hair dryer to a wifi hot spot you can carry around! It was clean and tidy. Close to the city centre. I have nothing bad to say about this place. I would highly recommend it! The staff are friendly and very helpful! Would 100% stay again!

Oct 21, 2017
Thanks Steph for recommending our properties after having stayed at happy home Budapest. The GOLD unit you stayed at is equipped, just as all other units, with a lot of fun stuff - I am pleased to read that you enjoyed our free extras, the apartment itself and its great location. Feel welcome here again, anytime!! Bjorn, owner & creator of happy home Budapest
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing