“Tour of Jewish Cemetery”
Review of Budapest 101 Tours

Budapest 101 Tours
Ranked #19 of 113 Food & Drink in Budapest
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Get the local experience! Private tours and experiences in Budapest and Hungary with the best guides - general sightseeing as well as tours specialized in culinary, wine, coffee, design, the Jewish district and many more. Every tour is tailor-made for you. After discovering the capital let us take you to the countryside - visit a winery, enjoy sailing on the Balaton and see our wonderful historical and cultural heritage. Going to Vienna or Bratislava? Skip the train and travel with a private guide and driver, using the opportunity to taste wine and see beautiful sights. We speak English and Spanish. Let us know what you have in mind and we will do everything to make it happen!
Reviewed October 15, 2017

This tour was a absolute highlight of our 10 days in Budapest. Judit spent a long morning with us showing many of the intensely interesting areas of the Kozma street Jewish cemetery as well as the Kerepesi cemetery. We left with such a much deeper and better understanding of the Jewish community, some of the ups and downs of the community, and the reasons that these cemetaries are so extraordinarily beautiful and artistically endowed. This tour is a MUST for any visitor spending a few days in Budapest! We recommend it in the highest possible terms.

Date of experience: October 2017
Judit_Budapest101, Owner at Budapest 101 Tours, responded to this reviewResponded October 15, 2017

Dear Laura, Thank you for your kind words, it's the best start for my week to read how much you loved the cemetery tour! It was great to meet you both and it was really a pleasure to be your guide in these special places.

All reviews
"cemetery tour"
in 8 reviews
"private tour"
in 8 reviews
"recommend booking a tour"
"great information"
"river cruise"
"interests"
in 9 reviews

Reviewed September 19, 2017

Having a background in music, I was very interested in seeing the graves of Bartok and Kodaly in the Farkasreti Cemetery. I noticed that on the Budapest 101 Tours website that special requests could be made. I emailed Judit with my request along with some other highlights which she promptly arranged. Her colleague, Gabriella, conducted the tour on our visit. She was outstanding! We were very impressed with her knowledge about the sites we visited and really enjoyed her company! Our driver, Stefan, was also very pleasant and he made sure that we were comfortable at all times. I would highly recommend booking a tour with Budapest 101!

Date of experience: August 2017
Judit_Budapest101, Owner at Budapest 101 Tours, responded to this reviewResponded September 20, 2017

Dear Paula, Thank you for your review, we are very happy to hear that you liked your tour!
Gabriella really enjoyed preparing for the special itinerary and she was glad to meet you.

Reviewed August 15, 2017

I was in Budapest for a week in July and wanted to experience the less touristy hidden gems of the city. I found Budapest 101 on Instagram and loved their approach to experiencing a city. Everything about my experience with Judit and Budapest 101 was stellar. She was prompt to response to my request to schedule a tour and had excellent suggestions and recommendations when setting up a tour. I booked the design and cemetery tour and loved it.
Not only is Judit smart, knowledgable and personable she does a great job at planning the day and the sites you will visit depending on your interests. She also schedules coffee breaks and food breaks at the appropriate times and at top notch places.

I love going off the beaten path so the cemetery & design tour was exactly the kind of sightseeing I love to do. The cemetery is a beautiful place (a nice break from the hustle and bustle of downtown) and the perfect place to learn about Hungry's history.
The design tour gave me a a unique glimpse of the cities architecture and history; that I would have probably missed out on had I not been with Judit. Additionally, the design tour gives you the opportunity to visit and support local artisans and artists. Judit took me to great little shops where I found some beautiful artwork and unique souvenirs made by local artists.

Finally, if you are a foodie you will love Judit even more. She is totally plugged into the Hungarian food scene. During my two day tour we visited some amazing restaurants and coffee shops and she was happy to make recommendations based on dietary preferences, likes and dislikes.

Booking a tour with Judit is like experience a city with a friend. She can take you to all the historic sites but also give you glimpse of life in the city with the locals. Budapest 101 is one of the best tour companies I have worked with and would recommend her hands down.

Date of experience: July 2017
Judit_Budapest101, Owner at Budapest 101 Tours, responded to this reviewResponded August 16, 2017

Dear Ingrid, I'm blushing! Thank you for your kind words. I'm really glad that you found Budapest 101 and booked the tours, and I'm very lucky to get to know you and be your guide. I'm sure that our paths will cross again!

Reviewed August 15, 2017 via mobile

We were a group of 22 people and Judit organized a perfect wine tour for us! The day trip was full of wonderful surprises, culinary highlights and unique experiences!

We choosed to go to Eger, because we wanted to discover one of the most famous wine regions in Hungary. Eger is mainly know for its fantastic red wines, but we learned and of course experienced that the wineries in Eger produce high-class white wines, too!

The program we did with Judit included a wine tasting and winery visit at St Andrea winery, a cheese tasting at the best artisan cheese maker of the region, a wine tasting and winery visit at Kovács Nimród winery and - of course fantastic goulash! :)

It's hard to describe such an amazing day trip in a few words. It was an unforgettable tour for me and my friends! Judit handeled our group so well and smoothly and we felt really comfortable!

Highly recommended! I'll definitely come back to Budapest and for sure I'll ask Judit to do a tour with me and my friends again! Thank you so much Judit!

Dear Florian,
Thank you for this beautiful review! It was a real honour for me to organise your birthday trip for you and your friends, such a memorable day! I had a great day with you all, and I really hope to see you again in the future.