Review Highlights
Vegan Food Tour

Kata was an incredible tour guide. We had two young children and she kept the tour fun for them... read more

Reviewed December 27, 2019
LavenderGooms
Enjoyable tour

We had a wonderful 4 hr tour with Kata - 1 hr on foot & 3 hrs with a nice Mercedes van which... read more

Reviewed November 28, 2019
scorpioshanghai
Sydney, Australia
via mobile

All reviews cemetery tour food tour private tour vegan tour points of interest an excellent tour guide booked this tour hour walking tour great knowledge highly recommend this tour historical facts hungarian culture beautiful city kata interests gabi architecture
Selected filters
Reviewed September 19, 2017

Having a background in music, I was very interested in seeing the graves of Bartok and Kodaly in the Farkasreti Cemetery. I noticed that on the Budapest 101 Tours website that special requests could be made. I emailed Judit with my request along with some other highlights which she promptly arranged. Her colleague, Gabriella, conducted the tour on our visit. She was outstanding! We were very impressed with her knowledge about the sites we visited and really enjoyed her company! Our driver, Stefan, was also very pleasant and he made sure that we were comfortable at all times. I would highly recommend booking a tour with Budapest 101!

Date of experience: August 2017
Judit_Budapest101, Owner at Budapest 101 Tours, responded to this reviewResponded September 20, 2017

Dear Paula, Thank you for your review, we are very happy to hear that you liked your tour!
Gabriella really enjoyed preparing for the special itinerary and she was glad to meet you.

Reviewed August 15, 2017

I was in Budapest for a week in July and wanted to experience the less touristy hidden gems of the city. I found Budapest 101 on Instagram and loved their approach to experiencing a city. Everything about my experience with Judit and Budapest 101 was stellar. She was prompt to response to my request to schedule a tour and had excellent suggestions and recommendations when setting up a tour. I booked the design and cemetery tour and loved it.
Not only is Judit smart, knowledgable and personable she does a great job at planning the day and the sites you will visit depending on your interests. She also schedules coffee breaks and food breaks at the appropriate times and at top notch places.

I love going off the beaten path so the cemetery & design tour was exactly the kind of sightseeing I love to do. The cemetery is a beautiful place (a nice break from the hustle and bustle of downtown) and the perfect place to learn about Hungry's history.
The design tour gave me a a unique glimpse of the cities architecture and history; that I would have probably missed out on had I not been with Judit. Additionally, the design tour gives you the opportunity to visit and support local artisans and artists. Judit took me to great little shops where I found some beautiful artwork and unique souvenirs made by local artists.

Finally, if you are a foodie you will love Judit even more. She is totally plugged into the Hungarian food scene. During my two day tour we visited some amazing restaurants and coffee shops and she was happy to make recommendations based on dietary preferences, likes and dislikes.

Booking a tour with Judit is like experience a city with a friend. She can take you to all the historic sites but also give you glimpse of life in the city with the locals. Budapest 101 is one of the best tour companies I have worked with and would recommend her hands down.

Date of experience: July 2017
Judit_Budapest101, Owner at Budapest 101 Tours, responded to this reviewResponded August 16, 2017

Dear Ingrid, I'm blushing! Thank you for your kind words. I'm really glad that you found Budapest 101 and booked the tours, and I'm very lucky to get to know you and be your guide. I'm sure that our paths will cross again!

Reviewed August 15, 2017 via mobile

We were a group of 22 people and Judit organized a perfect wine tour for us! The day trip was full of wonderful surprises, culinary highlights and unique experiences!

We choosed to go to Eger, because we wanted to discover one of the most famous wine regions in Hungary. Eger is mainly know for its fantastic red wines, but we learned and of course experienced that the wineries in Eger produce high-class white wines, too!

The program we did with Judit included a wine tasting and winery visit at St Andrea winery, a cheese tasting at the best artisan cheese maker of the region, a wine tasting and winery visit at Kovács Nimród winery and - of course fantastic goulash! :)

It's hard to describe such an amazing day trip in a few words. It was an unforgettable tour for me and my friends! Judit handeled our group so well and smoothly and we felt really comfortable!

Highly recommended! I'll definitely come back to Budapest and for sure I'll ask Judit to do a tour with me and my friends again! Thank you so much Judit!

Dear Florian,
Thank you for this beautiful review! It was a real honour for me to organise your birthday trip for you and your friends, such a memorable day! I had a great day with you all, and I really hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed August 11, 2017 via mobile

If you have the time take the opportunity to get out of Budapest for the day. Judit was our guide and probided an excellent service not only on the day but also beforehand by providing advice on the dos and don'ts for a first time tourist to Hungary. Her choice of wineries was great. She is is also able to provide a range of other tour options if you are not interested in wine. Highly recommended.

Date of experience: August 2017
Judit_Budapest101, Owner at Budapest 101 Tours, responded to this reviewResponded August 12, 2017

Dear John, Thank you very much for your review, I'm very glad that you enjoyed your tour. It was a real pleasure meeting you both, and I hope you'll be back next year!

Reviewed July 29, 2017

Judit was an amazing host to the city of Budapest. Our family had a private food tour set up and it exceeded our expectations. Not only did we get to try several types of Hungarian dishes but she personalized the tour for us to include coffee stops and a wine bar at the end! We loved our time spent with Judit and all of the history we learned about Budapest throughout the tour! We hope to return to Budapest one day and go on another tour :)

Date of experience: May 2017
Judit_Budapest101, Owner at Budapest 101 Tours, responded to this reviewResponded July 31, 2017

Dear Kristin, Thank you so much for taking the time for this review! It was great to meet you and your family, and I'm very glad that you liked the tour. Hope to see you soon!