“Terrific Tour with Judit”
Review of Budapest 101 Tours

Budapest 101 Tours
Ranked #19 of 117 Food & Drink in Budapest
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Get the local experience! Private tours and experiences in Budapest and Hungary with the best guides - general sightseeing as well as tours specialized in culinary, wine, coffee, design, the Jewish district and many more. Every tour is tailor-made for you. After discovering the capital let us take you to the countryside - visit a winery, enjoy sailing on the Balaton and see our wonderful historical and cultural heritage. Going to Vienna or Bratislava? Skip the train and travel with a private guide and driver, using the opportunity to taste wine and see beautiful sights. We speak English and Spanish. Let us know what you have in mind and we will do everything to make it happen!
Reviewed July 19, 2017

Last summer my 23 year old daughter and I did a one day tour with Judit. She completely customized the tour for us and even arranged for an amazing private boat ride on the river. She gave us great tips for the following days in the city and introduced us to some wonderful restaurants and coffee shops. This day in Budapest was a highlight of our 3 week trip in Europe, thanks to Judit! I highly recommend her. We would not have been able to enjoy the city in the same way without her help.

Date of experience: August 2016
Judit_Budapest101, Owner at Budapest 101 Tours, responded to this reviewResponded July 20, 2017

Dear Marlis, Thank you so much for writing this lovely review, I'm so glad that even after a year you have such good memories of our time together! It was my pleasure to be your guide and show you the best of our city.

All reviews
"cemetery tour"
in 8 reviews
"private tour"
in 8 reviews
"recommend booking a tour"
"great information"
"kata"
in 5 reviews
"cemeteries"

Reviewed July 8, 2017 via mobile

Fantastic & informative tour of Budapest with Vivian. She is a lovely host & caters the tour to fit in whatever you wish to see. We tasted some local delicacies at eateries we probably would not have found ourselves

Date of experience: July 2017
1  Thank sandn24
Judit_Budapest101, Owner at Budapest 101 Tours, responded to this reviewResponded July 8, 2017

Dear Sandra, Thank you very much to take the time to write this review, we are very glad that you enjoyed your tour with Vivien! She spoke very highly of you and she truly loved being your guide. Have a nice cruise!

Reviewed June 24, 2017

It is a very pleasant relaxed and informative tour. The guide is aware on the type of group and the participant needs, very flexible, passionate and knowledgeable of the city. I would definitely recommend it to anybody!

Date of experience: May 2017
Judit_Budapest101, Owner at Budapest 101 Tours, responded to this reviewResponded June 25, 2017

Dear Giulia, Thank you very much for your kind review, I'm really glad that you enjoyed our tour. Hope to see you again in the future!

Reviewed June 19, 2017 via mobile

I've learnt more from Judit about this amazing city, Budapest in the four hours spent with her than I have from living here for nearly a year.

I am not a fan of tours as you see large groups being herded like sheep around the city which can be off putting. Judit provides a tour for small groups catered for you and goes at a pace that you find comfortable. I found that you get more information when asking questions and she responses with a lot of knowledge which you can happen in a smaller group.

I would use Judit again for my family and friends as I do like the personal and friendly feel of her tours.

The tour starts with an overview and general introduction to History of Hungary at a cafe. From there and some knowledge we were able to decide amongst ourselves where we would like to go on our tour. We chose to look around the Jewish quarters and the Castle District. I've spent a lot of time in these places previously, Judit really allowed me to look at things more closely such as architecture, history and the people who use to live there.

As I live here and while we walked around, Judit gave us local knowledge of places to eat and shop.

When you travel and you're looking for a locals perspective this is the perfect way to spend the afternoon, especially if you're here in this city for a short time.

Date of experience: June 2017
Judit_Budapest101, Owner at Budapest 101 Tours, responded to this reviewResponded June 20, 2017

Thank you for your super detailed review, it's really kind of you! I'm always happy when we can show new places for expats and locals, and it's great to hear that you learned many new things on our tour. I'd be happy to help you discover more of the city and the country! Really hope to meet your family and friends as well in the near future.