“A brilliant afternoon at Kerepesi Cemetery, Budapest”
Review of Budapest 101 Tours

Budapest 101 Tours
Ranked #19 of 117 Food & Drink in Budapest
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Get the local experience! Private tours and experiences in Budapest and Hungary with the best guides - general sightseeing as well as tours specialized in culinary, wine, coffee, design, the Jewish district and many more. Every tour is tailor-made for you. After discovering the capital let us take you to the countryside - visit a winery, enjoy sailing on the Balaton and see our wonderful historical and cultural heritage. Going to Vienna or Bratislava? Skip the train and travel with a private guide and driver, using the opportunity to taste wine and see beautiful sights. We speak English and Spanish. Let us know what you have in mind and we will do everything to make it happen!
Reviewed January 21, 2017

We had Judit as our guide on the cemetery tour. From the outset Judit was both extremely professional and very friendly. She quickly got an understanding of what things we were interested in - history for me, art and design for my wife - and used the tour around the cemetery to focus on these things and to build a picture not just of Budapest but of Hungary too.

She’s great at explaining things in a very accessible way so you will leave feeling that you’ve got a real understanding of the history of this fascinating country.

Unlike some tour guides Judith is very generous with her local knowledge. We may have signed up for the cemetery tour but we also came away with some amazing recommendations for places to eat that weren’t in any of the guidebooks and which markets to visit for what things. Spend an afternoon with Judit and you’ll feel like a local! We’re already talking about our next trip back to Budapest and we’ll definitely be booking another tour.

Date of experience: January 2017
Judit_Budapest101, Owner at Budapest 101 Tours, responded to this reviewResponded January 22, 2017

Thank you for your quick and lovely review, I'm so glad that you liked the tour, and also that you enjoyed the places I recommended! The cemetery tour is definitely a special way to know more about Hungary. Really looking forward meeting you again! Hugs to both of you!

All reviews
"cemetery tour"
in 8 reviews
"private tour"
in 8 reviews
"recommend booking a tour"
"great information"
"kata"
in 5 reviews
"cemeteries"

Reviewed January 6, 2017

We travelled as a family to Budapest for a short break and booked a combination food and 101 tour with Judit, hoping it would give us an insight into the Hungarian people and cuisine. The whole experience couldn't have gone better.
Judit tailors the tours to the interests of the party and was extremely attentive, accommodating and knowledgeable. She took us to out of the way places, market stalls and tiny coffee shops to sample different foods of the country and on the walk she answered questions about the country, history and culture. In the afternoon we walked to some of the sights, seeing the Basilica, parliament buildings and also some lesser known monuments, and the time flew by.
We ended the day eating gorgeous cakes in a café overlooking parliament chatting about current affairs (we had brought the subject up - I think Judit would be able to talk about any subject with knowledge and animation)
it really felt like a personal tour given by a friend, showing us the city they love and we were so pleased that we did this.
Judit is a great person to spend a day with and I heartily recommend 101 tours.

Date of experience: December 2016
1  Thank MarySUk
Judit_Budapest101, Owner at Budapest 101 Tours, responded to this reviewResponded January 8, 2017

Thank you so much for your kind review! It was my pleasure to be your guide, you have such a sweet family! I'm happy that I could transfer to you my love for Budapest, and I hope you'll come back one day when the weather will be a bit warmer so you could see a different face of the city - although the parliament with the Christmas lights was a really special sight.

Reviewed November 29, 2016

Ferenc took me to the best spots in town to enjoy the authentic Lángos, the foodgasmic truffle sausages and cheeses, and, of course, the wines!
The tours are tailored to your tastes. We had a nice chat about Budapest and its locals. If you want to enjoy hidden gems and the best Budapest can offer and make new friends here, try Budapest 101 tours!

Date of experience: November 2016
Reviewed November 28, 2016

I was on a private tour with Judit in September. My boyfriend and his sister were also present. I am an American of Asian descent, and my boyfriend and his sister are Caucasian American. Judit was knowledgeable, but 2 hours into our 3-hour tour, Judit stated that Asian people are her worst tourists, followed by Latinos. She stated this umprompted, to my boyfriend, as I stood three feet away absolutely within earshot distance. It is unclear what caused her to think this was an appropriate statement to make to my boyfriend and in my presence, but I would advise anyone who of Asian or Latino descent to seriously think twice about booking with Budapest 101. Anyone of any descent who would not support such racially charged statements might also want to reconsider booking with this company. I felt humiliated and terrible, and it seemed like there were underlying tints of racism in her comments. This was a very unfortunate incident as she was a good source of information about Budapest, but I think you would be able to find knowledgable, more professional guides elsewhere.

Date of experience: September 2016
Judit_Budapest101, Owner at Budapest 101 Tours, responded to this reviewResponded November 30, 2016

Dear Mina,
I would like to sincerely apologise for any bad experience you had on our tour. I don't know what was the reason of the misunderstanding because I personally and the people I am working with are 100% against racism, sexism, homophobia, and we are active defenders of the rights of minorities, people of different religions or nationalities. If I said anything bad about somebody it had nothing to do with their nationality, and it was very unprofessional from me to discuss these issues with you. Nevertheless I would like to express how deeply sorry I am for hurting your feelings. Please send us an email, I would like to fully reimburse you as the least I can do.

See more reviews
Reviewed November 27, 2016 via mobile

Judit was phenomenal!

The food on the tour was great. I'm not a vegan (by any stretch of the imagination) but my 15-year old daughter is, and she loved that there was a tour catering just to her.

We paid a little more for an extra hour of sightseeing. Highly recommend that too, as Judit is an excellent tour guide. She knows EVERYTHING about Budapest, and has a delightful, colorful way about her as she presents all of its history, architecture, and culture.

Can't say enough good things about her and about this tour!

Date of experience: November 2016
Judit_Budapest101, Owner at Budapest 101 Tours, responded to this reviewResponded November 28, 2016

Dear Matt,
Thank you so much for your lovely words! I was very happy to be your guide and to get to know you both. I hope you'll have many adventures together and that one day you return to Budapest - hopefully we'll have even more vegan places in the near future (: