Review Highlights
Vegan Food Tour

Kata was an incredible tour guide. We had two young children and she kept the tour fun for them... read more

Reviewed December 27, 2019
LavenderGooms
Enjoyable tour

We had a wonderful 4 hr tour with Kata - 1 hr on foot & 3 hrs with a nice Mercedes van which... read more

Reviewed November 28, 2019
scorpioshanghai
Sydney, Australia
via mobile

All reviews cemetery tour food tour private tour vegan tour points of interest an excellent tour guide booked this tour hour walking tour great knowledge highly recommend this tour historical facts hungarian culture beautiful city kata interests gabi architecture
Selected filters
Reviewed January 6, 2017

We travelled as a family to Budapest for a short break and booked a combination food and 101 tour with Judit, hoping it would give us an insight into the Hungarian people and cuisine. The whole experience couldn't have gone better.
Judit tailors the tours to the interests of the party and was extremely attentive, accommodating and knowledgeable. She took us to out of the way places, market stalls and tiny coffee shops to sample different foods of the country and on the walk she answered questions about the country, history and culture. In the afternoon we walked to some of the sights, seeing the Basilica, parliament buildings and also some lesser known monuments, and the time flew by.
We ended the day eating gorgeous cakes in a café overlooking parliament chatting about current affairs (we had brought the subject up - I think Judit would be able to talk about any subject with knowledge and animation)
it really felt like a personal tour given by a friend, showing us the city they love and we were so pleased that we did this.
Judit is a great person to spend a day with and I heartily recommend 101 tours.

Date of experience: December 2016
1  Thank MarySUk
Judit_Budapest101, Owner at Budapest 101 Tours, responded to this reviewResponded January 8, 2017

Thank you so much for your kind review! It was my pleasure to be your guide, you have such a sweet family! I'm happy that I could transfer to you my love for Budapest, and I hope you'll come back one day when the weather will be a bit warmer so you could see a different face of the city - although the parliament with the Christmas lights was a really special sight.

Reviewed November 29, 2016

Ferenc took me to the best spots in town to enjoy the authentic Lángos, the foodgasmic truffle sausages and cheeses, and, of course, the wines!
The tours are tailored to your tastes. We had a nice chat about Budapest and its locals. If you want to enjoy hidden gems and the best Budapest can offer and make new friends here, try Budapest 101 tours!

Date of experience: November 2016
Reviewed November 28, 2016

I was on a private tour with Judit in September. My boyfriend and his sister were also present. I am an American of Asian descent, and my boyfriend and his sister are Caucasian American. Judit was knowledgeable, but 2 hours into our 3-hour tour, Judit stated that Asian people are her worst tourists, followed by Latinos. She stated this umprompted, to my boyfriend, as I stood three feet away absolutely within earshot distance. It is unclear what caused her to think this was an appropriate statement to make to my boyfriend and in my presence, but I would advise anyone who of Asian or Latino descent to seriously think twice about booking with Budapest 101. Anyone of any descent who would not support such racially charged statements might also want to reconsider booking with this company. I felt humiliated and terrible, and it seemed like there were underlying tints of racism in her comments. This was a very unfortunate incident as she was a good source of information about Budapest, but I think you would be able to find knowledgable, more professional guides elsewhere.

Date of experience: September 2016
Judit_Budapest101, Owner at Budapest 101 Tours, responded to this reviewResponded November 30, 2016

Dear Mina,
I would like to sincerely apologise for any bad experience you had on our tour. I don't know what was the reason of the misunderstanding because I personally and the people I am working with are 100% against racism, sexism, homophobia, and we are active defenders of the rights of minorities, people of different religions or nationalities. If I said anything bad about somebody it had nothing to do with their nationality, and it was very unprofessional from me to discuss these issues with you. Nevertheless I would like to express how deeply sorry I am for hurting your feelings. Please send us an email, I would like to fully reimburse you as the least I can do.

Reviewed November 27, 2016 via mobile

Judit was phenomenal!

The food on the tour was great. I'm not a vegan (by any stretch of the imagination) but my 15-year old daughter is, and she loved that there was a tour catering just to her.

We paid a little more for an extra hour of sightseeing. Highly recommend that too, as Judit is an excellent tour guide. She knows EVERYTHING about Budapest, and has a delightful, colorful way about her as she presents all of its history, architecture, and culture.

Can't say enough good things about her and about this tour!

Date of experience: November 2016
Judit_Budapest101, Owner at Budapest 101 Tours, responded to this reviewResponded November 28, 2016

Dear Matt,
Thank you so much for your lovely words! I was very happy to be your guide and to get to know you both. I hope you'll have many adventures together and that one day you return to Budapest - hopefully we'll have even more vegan places in the near future (:

Reviewed November 1, 2016

My wife and I took a food tour with Judit last week and it was a pleasantly spent autumn morning. Budapest 101 does not offer walks with a fixed program, you need to adjust the tour beforehand according to your requirements. So after we clarified with Judit our ideas about the tour via e-mail (Hungarian cuisine, good coffee stop, not interested in Central Market Hall, not strictly culinary) we met her in our hotel lobby few days later. We walked through Budapest and visited markets, shops and bars, in total we made about 10 tasting stops and saw also some non-culinary places, exactly as we imagined. Judit proved to be an intelligent and informed companion, the tour was definitely one of highlights of our visit of Budapest, we got our money's worth.

Date of experience: October 2016
Judit_Budapest101, Owner at Budapest 101 Tours, responded to this reviewResponded November 2, 2016

Dear Jaroslav,
Thank you very much for your lovely review! I'm so happy that you enjoyed the tour, I will always remember my first Czech guests!