Review Highlights
Vegan Food Tour

Kata was an incredible tour guide. We had two young children and she kept the tour fun for them... read more

Reviewed December 27, 2019
LavenderGooms
Enjoyable tour

We had a wonderful 4 hr tour with Kata - 1 hr on foot & 3 hrs with a nice Mercedes van which... read more

Reviewed November 28, 2019
scorpioshanghai
Sydney, Australia
via mobile

All reviews cemetery tour food tour private tour vegan tour points of interest an excellent tour guide booked this tour hour walking tour great knowledge highly recommend this tour historical facts hungarian culture beautiful city kata interests gabi architecture
Selected filters
Reviewed August 22, 2016

We were a group of 11 people with kids ranging in age from 7-20 (yes, 20 is still a kid!) and boy did we have restrictions and special dietary needs! Judit was very patient and really worked with us to build the culinary tour plan.
We went on the tour on an August Sunday and Judit met us, on time in front of our hotel, even though she was coming down with a cold! We had a really informative and interesting tour, Judit is a fountain of knowledge regarding Budapest and Hungary, including history, economy, geography etc. She also has wonderful English and is extremely nice and helpful.
We really enjoyed the Sunday farmer's market, the butcher shop-restaurant and of course the rose-shaped ice cream (a big hit with the kids). Please ask Judit for restaurant recommendations for other days (not the day of the tour because you won't be able to eat for at least a day after the tour). Her recommendations are spot on and we enjoyed 2 great places we never would have found otherwise.
My only regret is that Judit didn't focus more on Hungarian specialties and went a little "global village" style (perhaps we are also responsible for the choices with our many dietary restrictions). I would completely drop the vegan coffee shop, the cakes are indeed beautiful but don’t taste like much… Also, I think the soups place was not special and not particularly good.

Date of experience: August 2016
Judit_Budapest101, Owner at Budapest 101 Tours, responded to this reviewResponded August 23, 2016

Dear Orit,
Thank you very much for your kind review and thank you for your input about the place selection! On any other day it's much easier to pick places but Sunday is quite limited, and I tried to include places that the vegetarian and lactose-free members of the group would also enjoy. The soup place didn't have a really good selection that day, I agree... They change the menu every day, and I never know what's waiting for us, sometimes there are more Hungarian flavours, but it wasn't our lucky day. I will look for other alternatives for the next food tour that's on a Sunday. I'm happy that you enjoyed most of the stops though and that you found our restaurant recommendations useful! I had a great time with you all, and I hope to see you again one day!

Reviewed August 15, 2016

My husband, son and I had the pleasure of being on one of Judit's tours. She is very knowledgeable, easy-going and patient. Among other places, she took us to a beautiful cemetery and to lunch to a market where locals go. She also made suggestions to modify the tour to cater to our son's need. If we ever go back to Budapest, we will book Judit again. She is the best!!

Date of experience: August 2016
Judit_Budapest101, Owner at Budapest 101 Tours, responded to this reviewResponded August 16, 2016

Thank you so much for your review, it's really flattering, so kind of you! I had a great day with you and your family, and I'm so happy your son enjoyed riding the different trams, trains, metros and the chair-lift to the hills! I hope you'll be back one day and we can discover more of Hungary together.

Reviewed August 11, 2016

Booked a game night with Adam & Judit this past June, to learn Budapest card games. Had a great night out drinking and chatting with these two wonderful people. Card games were fun to learn and play. Budapest 101 is highly recommended.

Date of experience: June 2016
Judit_Budapest101, Owner at Budapest 101 Tours, responded to this reviewResponded August 12, 2016

Dear Claude,
Thank you for your kind words, it was a pleasure meeting you and we're very glad that you decided to learn some Hungarian card games while discovering the night life in the Jewish district! I hope we'll see you soon!

Reviewed July 10, 2016 via mobile

I'll admit we usually do a 'hop on, hop off' bus tour when we visit a new city but I'm so glad we used Judits services on our recent visit to Budapest! Her walking tour was fantastic and we got a real feel for the real Budapest. Judits knowledge of the history of this fabulous city is second to none. She knows details that go way beyond her years. We visited local markets, tried local food and wine and ended our tour with a speedboat ride on the River Danube to watch the sunset. I can't wait to go back and try Judits wine tour. Thanks for making our visit extra perfect Judit X

Date of experience: July 2016
Judit_Budapest101, Owner at Budapest 101 Tours, responded to this reviewResponded July 10, 2016

Thank you guys so much for your sweet words, I can't wait for that wine tour, it will be fantastic in such great company! I'm happy you fell in love with Hungary (:

Reviewed July 1, 2016 via mobile

We booked a private tour with Judit for 4 hours for 2 days that was designed to what we wanted to see in Budapest as well as what she recommended! We had a comfortable van and driver while touring so Judit could point out important details of the area. Judit was very knowledgeable and professional and friendly! We highly recommend her to anyone that wants to see Budapest with a local that knows the architecture, the history, the area.
Thanks Judit for making our short stay memorable!

Date of experience: July 2016
Judit_Budapest101, Owner at Budapest 101 Tours, responded to this reviewResponded July 3, 2016

Dear Sue, it was a pleasure to meet you and be your guide, you are a lovely group! Thank you for your kind review and I wish you many wonderful trips together!