“Coffee tour of Budapest”
Review of Budapest 101 Tours

Budapest 101 Tours
Ranked #19 of 117 Food & Drink in Budapest
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Get the local experience! Private tours and experiences in Budapest and Hungary with the best guides - general sightseeing as well as tours specialized in culinary, wine, coffee, design, the Jewish district and many more. Every tour is tailor-made for you. After discovering the capital let us take you to the countryside - visit a winery, enjoy sailing on the Balaton and see our wonderful historical and cultural heritage. Going to Vienna or Bratislava? Skip the train and travel with a private guide and driver, using the opportunity to taste wine and see beautiful sights. We speak English and Spanish. Let us know what you have in mind and we will do everything to make it happen!
Reviewed September 12, 2016 via mobile

The coffee tour was a brilliant birthday gift from my baby! One of her best ideas! Our guide Gabi, was as knowledgable and informed as anyone could be; it was a mix of the coffee and coffee shops' history of the city, mixed with the vibrant cultural venues in the wake if the century. Writers, poets, sat in those places, wrote their pieces that later became part of the country's history. The guide, not only educated us on how these places came to be, but, their impact & influence on the social life across the changes that the society experienced in the last century.
I highly recommend this tour and most importantly recommend any of Budapest 101' tours. The coffee tour is something not to be missed if you want to get to know Budapest for real, without the usual touristic clichés that often mask reality in such places.

Date of experience: September 2016
Judit_Budapest101, Owner at Budapest 101 Tours, responded to this reviewResponded September 12, 2016

Dear Joe,
Thank you for your kind words!
I am really happy that your birthday gift was such a blast, and I hope that reading your wonderful summary will inspire others to take one of our favourite tours. Just like you said, it's a great way to learn about history, culture, and feel the current vibe of the city - and of course to drink great coffee and try yummy cakes.

All reviews
"cemetery tour"
in 8 reviews
"private tour"
in 8 reviews
"recommend booking a tour"
"great information"
"kata"
in 5 reviews
"cemeteries"

Reviewed August 22, 2016

We were a group of 11 people with kids ranging in age from 7-20 (yes, 20 is still a kid!) and boy did we have restrictions and special dietary needs! Judit was very patient and really worked with us to build the culinary tour plan.
We went on the tour on an August Sunday and Judit met us, on time in front of our hotel, even though she was coming down with a cold! We had a really informative and interesting tour, Judit is a fountain of knowledge regarding Budapest and Hungary, including history, economy, geography etc. She also has wonderful English and is extremely nice and helpful.
We really enjoyed the Sunday farmer's market, the butcher shop-restaurant and of course the rose-shaped ice cream (a big hit with the kids). Please ask Judit for restaurant recommendations for other days (not the day of the tour because you won't be able to eat for at least a day after the tour). Her recommendations are spot on and we enjoyed 2 great places we never would have found otherwise.
My only regret is that Judit didn't focus more on Hungarian specialties and went a little "global village" style (perhaps we are also responsible for the choices with our many dietary restrictions). I would completely drop the vegan coffee shop, the cakes are indeed beautiful but don’t taste like much… Also, I think the soups place was not special and not particularly good.

Date of experience: August 2016
Judit_Budapest101, Owner at Budapest 101 Tours, responded to this reviewResponded August 23, 2016

Dear Orit,
Thank you very much for your kind review and thank you for your input about the place selection! On any other day it's much easier to pick places but Sunday is quite limited, and I tried to include places that the vegetarian and lactose-free members of the group would also enjoy. The soup place didn't have a really good selection that day, I agree... They change the menu every day, and I never know what's waiting for us, sometimes there are more Hungarian flavours, but it wasn't our lucky day. I will look for other alternatives for the next food tour that's on a Sunday. I'm happy that you enjoyed most of the stops though and that you found our restaurant recommendations useful! I had a great time with you all, and I hope to see you again one day!

Reviewed August 15, 2016

My husband, son and I had the pleasure of being on one of Judit's tours. She is very knowledgeable, easy-going and patient. Among other places, she took us to a beautiful cemetery and to lunch to a market where locals go. She also made suggestions to modify the tour to cater to our son's need. If we ever go back to Budapest, we will book Judit again. She is the best!!

Date of experience: August 2016
Judit_Budapest101, Owner at Budapest 101 Tours, responded to this reviewResponded August 16, 2016

Thank you so much for your review, it's really flattering, so kind of you! I had a great day with you and your family, and I'm so happy your son enjoyed riding the different trams, trains, metros and the chair-lift to the hills! I hope you'll be back one day and we can discover more of Hungary together.

Reviewed August 11, 2016

Booked a game night with Adam & Judit this past June, to learn Budapest card games. Had a great night out drinking and chatting with these two wonderful people. Card games were fun to learn and play. Budapest 101 is highly recommended.

Date of experience: June 2016
Judit_Budapest101, Owner at Budapest 101 Tours, responded to this reviewResponded August 12, 2016

Dear Claude,
Thank you for your kind words, it was a pleasure meeting you and we're very glad that you decided to learn some Hungarian card games while discovering the night life in the Jewish district! I hope we'll see you soon!

See more reviews
Reviewed July 10, 2016 via mobile

I'll admit we usually do a 'hop on, hop off' bus tour when we visit a new city but I'm so glad we used Judits services on our recent visit to Budapest! Her walking tour was fantastic and we got a real feel for the real Budapest. Judits knowledge of the history of this fabulous city is second to none. She knows details that go way beyond her years. We visited local markets, tried local food and wine and ended our tour with a speedboat ride on the River Danube to watch the sunset. I can't wait to go back and try Judits wine tour. Thanks for making our visit extra perfect Judit X

Date of experience: July 2016
Judit_Budapest101, Owner at Budapest 101 Tours, responded to this reviewResponded July 10, 2016

Thank you guys so much for your sweet words, I can't wait for that wine tour, it will be fantastic in such great company! I'm happy you fell in love with Hungary (: