Review Highlights
A strong recommendation for Budapest 101!

Since 1996 our circle of wine enthusiasts has been visiting the most famous wine regions of Europe... read more

Reviewed 3 weeks ago
PhiGAff
An enriching afternoon

We spent a remarkable afternoon with Judit in early September. As we were on a river cruise we only... read more

Reviewed October 5, 2018
Pearsandchocolate
Vancouver, Canada

All reviews cemetery tour private tour recommend booking a tour great information jewish district deep knowledge wine making day tour wine tasting hungarian dishes lake balaton wonderful tour personal tour small group highlight of our trip river cruise interests
Reviewed June 21, 2016

Judit is an amazing person, knowledgeable, intelligent and very likeable. I only had a few hours in Budapest and I'm so glad that I chose to spend this time with Judit and take this tour. Highly recommended. :)

Date of experience: June 2016
Judit_Budapest101, Owner at Budapest 101 Tours, responded to this reviewResponded June 21, 2016

Dear Donna, Thank you for deciding to travel to Budapest just to take our cemetery tour, I feel truly honoured, and I'm very happy that you liked it! And thanks for the fabulous photos, they look very mysterious, I love how you captured the atmosphere. Hope to see you again one day!

Reviewed May 18, 2016

This is the tour you should be taking when you go to a foreign country. I can not recommend Judit enough to you. She is very knowledgable about Budapest's history, culture, politics and current events today by the end of the tour I feel like I had gained a friend. She speaks perfect English and was very helpful in answering all my questions.

Judit lead me around a long forgotten cemetery, which felt like it was straight out of a movie. If you book a private tour she will tailor the tour around your taste and adjust plans as you express interest in learning about about a certain area. I ate authentic Hungarian food and got an appreciation Hungary.

The next time I am in Budapest I will book an tour with her!

Date of experience: May 2016
Judit_Budapest101, Owner at Budapest 101 Tours, responded to this reviewResponded May 19, 2016

Thank you so much for your review, it makes me blush (:
I'm so glad you decided to see something off the beaten path, the cemetery is such a great place, it was my pleasure to show it to you! And the whole day was just awesome with you, I hope you'll be back one day!

Reviewed April 30, 2016

We had a great two days private tour in Budapest with Judit.
Judit has a great knowledge about Budapest and Hungary includes historic events, politics, culture and day to day life.
Judit is very verbal and have great English and friendly attitude
It was one of the best private tours we ever had

Date of experience: April 2016
Judit_Budapest101, Owner at Budapest 101 Tours, responded to this reviewResponded May 1, 2016

Thank you so much for your review, it was great meeting you and I'm really glad that you enjoyed the tours! Next time we will make sure to do a bike tour as well (;

Reviewed April 27, 2016

After having a great experience on the cemetery tour, I booked the Jewish Food Tour with a different friend. Judit took us on an abbreviated tour of part of the Jewish district, including several places I hadn't seen before when I took a walking tour from the Dohány Synagogue, and of course with a focus on food. As before, Judit is friendly, super knowledgeable about all things Budapest, and fun, and we learned a lot and had some delicious food (especially Raj Rachel's flódni).

Date of experience: January 2016
Judit_Budapest101, Owner at Budapest 101 Tours, responded to this reviewResponded April 28, 2016

Dear Melissa,
Thank you so much for writing such a kind review again! It was great to see you again and to meet one more friend of yours, I wish you happy travels!

Reviewed April 17, 2016

Before going to Budapest in late March 2016, I signed our family (parents and 4 children, ages 16-24) up for a city bike tour. Judit, owner of budapest 101, showed up as our tour guide and did such a fantastic job touring us around on bike to all of the city highlights, sharing terrific knowledge of politics, history, current life in Hungary, architecture, the monuments and statues, that she really brought the city to life for us. So after the tour I talked about the possibility of. Lining up another afternoon with her. She offered us several options, and we chose the cemetery tour. Again, she was fun and informstive as she walked us through the cometary learning about politicians, authors, musicians, war heroes, Olympic athletes that rest there, in addition to pointing out some beautiful headstones, some with magnificent sculptures, mosaics or just sweet depictions of ordinary life. Judith was terrific and we enjoyed all of our time with her.

Date of experience: March 2016
Judit_Budapest101, Owner at Budapest 101 Tours, responded to this reviewResponded April 18, 2016

Thank you for this sweet review, it was my pleasure to show you my favourite hidden gem in Budapest. It is great to be the guide of people who are so interested in our history and culture as you are, including the kids! I hope to see you again one day.