“Cheap as chips, but not worth a visit”

Frici Papa Kifozdeje
Ranked #235 of 3,421 Restaurants in Budapest
Cuisines: Hungarian
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed March 11, 2014

We wandered into this one while looking for food on the way home from town. Staff were not unpleasant, but didn't seem too thrilled to see us. Service was slow (but the restaurant was quite busy). When the food finally arrived, most of it was cold. Cold goulash doesn't work for me.

The bill was very cheap, so I guess we got what we paid for, but I wouldn't go back. There are some excellent places to eat in Budapest, so don't bother with this one.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,731)

Reviewed March 6, 2014

I had the goulash which was great. The best thing was the atmosphere (really hungarian) and the price (so cheap). But the service was ok, just good enough for me coming back.

Reviewed February 25, 2014

...is what you eat. Simple and cheap. Limited choice and limited smile on personal face, but again...if you are on a budget (living or travelling), this place can suit your needs and make you stomach full.
Wine is below average. Location is in quite lively neighborhood and on your way there, you can change your mind and stop somewhere else. That's ok too.

Reviewed February 23, 2014 via mobile

I do not like this place. I thought the food here is simple. But it is too simple and don"t tasty at all.
Yes, it's cheap. But it is better to pay more and get a good meal. I do not recommend this place. There are enough places in Budapest with more delicious food.

Reviewed February 18, 2014

Most people know the Hungarian cuisine by the goulash which I find quite amusing. If someone wants to taste what people in this country really eat as a main course should try this restaurant.

Daniel